Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 09:32 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
4-7 days
Can’t wait to see it Bob… also your side vent mod… it’s been a long wait for you but a nice birthday present.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:48 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Can’t wait to see it Bob… also your side vent mod… it’s been a long wait for you but a nice birthday present.
Especially since I sold my Targa GTS so soon...at least I have my Harleys to play with!
Old 06-26-2021, 03:06 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,535 Likes on 2,264 Posts

Those waiting for a GTS might enjoy this:

The following 5 users liked this post by UncleDude:
cnw126 (06-26-2021), Dan Nagy (06-26-2021), P-car-Vancouver (06-26-2021), Paiceyfan (06-26-2021), tigerhonaker (06-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2021, 05:47 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,503 Likes on 834 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UncleDude

https://youtu.be/QsO7nwB7JC8

UncleDude,

Super informative video thanks for sharing it.

I'm also glad he even turned on the Bose Audio system for us.
Based on what I just heard I don't think I'll have any complaints on my GT4 with it's Bose-Audio-System.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (06-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2021, 06:54 PM
lnirenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
Black wheels and calipers. I am not going to pay $8k just for a color on a caliper. They will end up being yellow via the aftermarket for less than $1k.
I have tested the buckets and had preconceived notions so I had written them off before I even sat in them. I have until the end of the week to change and my SA said to come up to the dealership for another test. He agrees that they look great.....but also offering up "practicality arguments" against them. We shall see. Thanks for the vote of confidence!....gauges/dials are all yellow as well!!!!!
A track friend got the buckets and having sat in them and done a few laps forget the look. If your not tracking the car they serve no purpose other than looks IMHO. They definitely need the aftermarket tilt brackets and I’ll have mine ready to install day 1.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:02 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude

https://youtu.be/QsO7nwB7JC8
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
UncleDude,

Super informative video thanks for sharing it.

I'm also glad he even turned on the Bose Audio system for us.
Based on what I just heard I don't think I'll have any complaints on my GT4 with it's Bose-Audio-System.

Terry
Thanks for sharing UncleDude! Makes me want my car even more. Bose sound system does sound amazing, glad I spec’ed it. The reviewer’s taste in music less impressive though
The following 2 users liked this post by P-car-Vancouver:
tigerhonaker (06-27-2021), UncleDude (06-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2021, 10:11 PM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts
Default First Day in the Waiting room

Well I decided to join you all on this long painful journey. I am at the very first stage. I just signed a demand order with my dealer. They said no one is ahead of me so I will get the next allocation that comes their way. We will see what that actually means over time I guess. They said they currently have 3 GT4's on order from May with November delivery dates projected. So I assume that if I can get an allocation in July I will be lucky to see a car before February. Do you all think that is a reasonable expectation based on your experiences, or is it likely longer than that.? Thank you all for your constructive feedback.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:00 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4 Shark Blue
Well I decided to join you all on this long painful journey. I am at the very first stage. I just signed a demand order with my dealer. They said no one is ahead of me so I will get the next allocation that comes their way. We will see what that actually means over time I guess. They said they currently have 3 GT4's on order from May with November delivery dates projected. So I assume that if I can get an allocation in July I will be lucky to see a car before February. Do you all think that is a reasonable expectation based on your experiences, or is it likely longer than that.? Thank you all for your constructive feedback.
I am only 2 weeks ahead of you. I have a Purchase Order and Commission number. The dealer told me it could be Nov-Dec before I see an allocation, meaning March or so before the car arrives.

What state are you in?
Old 06-27-2021, 12:27 AM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 37 Posts

Found out today my new baby is on the Siem Plato, due in to Rhode Island on July 4 according to the marine tracker site, and July 9 according to the Porsche computer. Anybody else riding with her?
P-car-Vancouver (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 12:30 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

I am in St Louis Missouri. I guess we will be able to keep each other company on this journey for a while. Where do you live? Any luck negotiating a discount?
Old 06-27-2021, 12:31 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Being first in line for an allocation for the type of car you want is a good thing, (of course assuming it is true.) Dealers who want to get allocations for GT cars jump through hoops to get allocations. A good sign that your dealer plays the game well is the number of allocations they've had in the recent past. A July allocation would be mighty quick compared to the typical scenario around here. I don't know what the average wait time is or has been, but I bet it is not uncommon for it to be 6 to 9 months from placing an order demand to getting an allocation. However, the process is much quicker than you presume once your dealer gets an allocation and informs you that your order has progressed beyond "V070" status and has been accepted for production.

Perhaps you will be fortunate, but a reasonable guess of how quickly your dealer will get an allocation would be this autumn. Plenty of time to research your build options (lots of opinions here!) and configure your car just the way you want it.
GT4 Shark Blue (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 12:46 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I am only 2 weeks ahead of you. I have a Purchase Order and Commission number. The dealer told me it could be Nov-Dec before I see an allocation, meaning March or so before the car arrives.

What state are you in?
I am in Missouri. And still trying to learn how these forums work. Haha
Bartleby7334 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 01:10 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Originally Posted by thundabyr
My Sharkblue GTS is still on track to be built by 23.07... that is gonna be one long month
please post photos when you get it. I have not yet seen shark blue in person but just ordered my GT4 in it today. What color wheels are you getting?
Old 06-27-2021, 01:16 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Thanks for sharing UncleDude! Makes me want my car even more. Bose sound system does sound amazing, glad I spec’ed it. The reviewer’s taste in music less impressive though
The youtuber has to use generic sound track. He can get in trouble if he plays recognizable music. YouTube will actually take down his video. That’s why it was so odd sounding.
P-car-Vancouver (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 01:57 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

The youtuber has to use generic sound track. He can get in trouble if he plays recognizable music. YouTube will actually take down his video. That’s why it was so odd sounding.
That makes sense now

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...