Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 06:10 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Very nice @smegman ! Love the Speed Blue stitching. This may be the first set of photos where I've seen more than like one of 2 photos of the Speed Blue stitching and it looks awesome! Interesting as it looks like you picked the leather steering wheel and it has Speed Blue stitching. Was that a CXX option or did it come like that?

Also, I can't 100% confirm but it looks like you also got the setbacks in leather too, correct? Would you mind showing the deviated stitching on the seatbacks if so?

One other thing I will add (not to knock you but instead directed to PAG) is that when you select any of the upcharge/extended deviated stitching options, the door strap is gt silver and not matched to the upcharge deviated stitching color or at least kept in black. I find it odd that they automatically change it to silver which doesn't match any of the stitching. I think if they kept it black, it would flow more with the black theme interior rather than have a black theme interior, your choice of upgraded deviated stitching and then a silver door strap.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 09-13-2021 at 07:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Alpha Ice (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 06:23 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,056 Likes on 543 Posts

smegman, Great looking car. Curious if you went with the extended leather on the dash. If you did would you mind posting photos of the stitching?
Thanks
Old 09-13-2021, 06:25 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
Lots of pics coming in
I did the extended Deviated stitching in speed blue with the Carbon fiber sills/trim and it looks great! Let me know if you want any other photos specifically.
Aw. I was hoping to be the first to post interior shots with Speed Blue stitching... but thanks for the nice preview!
I went with the 18 ways, carbon fiber, and leather steering wheel too, but differ from you by going with Platinum wheels and yellow PCCBs. But your car looks fantastic with the black on black!

Last edited by StormRune; 09-13-2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:44 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

I went with yellow stitching and a Spyder. Other than that, a very similar spec. Are you going to keep the calipers black?

Last edited by flynlo; 09-13-2021 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:45 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Aw. I was hoping to be the first to post interior shots with Speed Blue stitching... but thanks for the nice preview!
I went with the 18 ways, carbon fiber, and leather steering wheel too, but differ from you by going with Platinum wheels and yellow PCCBs. But your car looks fantastic with the black on black!
Me too, but Smegman, it looks great and thanks for posting! I did this but with all leather.
StormRune (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 06:46 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
V
One other thing I will add (not to knock you but instead directed to PAG) is that when you select any of the uncharge deviated stitching options, the door strap is gt silver and not matched to the upcharge deviated stitching color or at least kept in black. I find it odd that they automatically change it to silver which doesn't match any of the stitching. I think if they kept it black, it would flow more with the black theme interior rather than have a black theme interior, your choice of upgraded deviated stitching and then a silver door strap.
Maybe it is on the extended deviated stitching. I went with yellow and at least the configurator the door pulls come in yellow as well. And that jives with pics I have seen with yellow deviated stitching in other cars.
StormRune (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 06:55 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

One other thing I will add (not to knock you but instead directed to PAG) is that when you select any of the uncharge deviated stitching options, the door strap is gt silver and not matched to the upcharge deviated stitching color or at least kept in black. I find it odd that they automatically change it to silver which doesn't match any of the stitching. I think if they kept it black, it would flow more with the black theme interior rather than have a black theme interior, your choice of upgraded deviated stitching and then a silver door strap.
Yeah, that silver strap thing kinda bugged me too but I couldn't find a way to get them to change it affordably and without it impacting the build date. I'm considering looking into changing it out to blue sometime later but we'll see if it bothers me enough first. If I could have gotten black easily I would have done that. I did do one that that I'm kicking myself about though: I went with the only blue seat belts they had - Miami Blue. It's a good chance I'll swap those out later when the Shark Blue becomes available, unless I get lucky and they look okay after all. I should have just gone with black.

Originally Posted by Alan C.
smegman, Great looking car. Curious if you went with the extended leather on the dash. If you did would you mind posting photos of the stitching?
Thanks
If he didn't, I did get silly with all that and have both the upper dashboard leather and on the steering wheel casing both with deviated stitching. I'll post pictures of that in about three weeks (I hope) unless they get posted by smegman or others first.
My ship has made it out of the English Channel and is now estimated to be less than 9 days out of Baltimore and then maybe another 6 or 7 to Houston. I'm surprised how time seems to be getting slower the closer it gets!

Last edited by StormRune; 09-13-2021 at 07:43 PM.
Alan C. (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 07:00 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Me too, but Smegman, it looks great and thanks for posting! I did this but with all leather.
I'm thinking that's going to look really sharp with all leather (I'm assuming you meant the trim in leather) ! I've never had a car with carbon fiber before... so dammit... I wanted to have some carbon fiber at least once in a car!
Old 09-13-2021, 07:13 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
I'm thinking that's going to look really sharp with all leather (I'm assuming you meant the trim in leather) ! I've never had a car with carbon fiber before... so dammit... I wanted to have some carbon fiber at least once in a car!
No, I took out the Race Tex so full leather. I did Sport Tex on the 992 and found out that I don’t like my seats that grippy. It makes it difficult to adjust your position on long trips and ingress/egress. I also missed the ventilation. This car will be driven on country roads and not on the track, but for track focused cars, Race and Sport Tex make sense.

I did carbon fiber trim, gear shift, and door sills. I did the same on the 992 but it was matte - hardly noticeable. So I am looking forward to these larger, shinier pieces.
StormRune (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 08:33 PM
kor446
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
Lots of pics coming in
I did the extended Deviated stitching in speed blue with the Carbon fiber sills/trim and it looks great! Let me know if you want any other photos specifically.
When I try to set the deviated stitching the configurator deletes the Race-tex seat inserts. How were you able to include them in your build?
Old 09-13-2021, 09:37 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Very nice @smegman ! Love the Speed Blue stitching. This may be the first set of photos where I've seen more than like one of 2 photos of the Speed Blue stitching and it looks awesome! Interesting as it looks like you picked the leather steering wheel and it has Speed Blue stitching. Was that a CXX option or did it come like that?

Also, I can't 100% confirm but it looks like you also got the setbacks in leather too, correct? Would you mind showing the deviated stitching on the seatbacks if so?

One other thing I will add (not to knock you but instead directed to PAG) is that when you select any of the upcharge/extended deviated stitching options, the door strap is gt silver and not matched to the upcharge deviated stitching color or at least kept in black. I find it odd that they automatically change it to silver which doesn't match any of the stitching. I think if they kept it black, it would flow more with the black theme interior rather than have a black theme interior, your choice of upgraded deviated stitching and then a silver door strap.
Leather steering wheel came like that, I think its a part of the extended stitching package

I don't believe I got the extended dash stitching, the stitching stops right above the gagues and the CF trim piece on the passenger side... I didn't deem it a worthy option as it would probably get trashed in the sun or reflect on the window

Here's the leather seat backs + the window sticker

I know its stupid but I just don't like the plastic seat backs

The following 2 users liked this post by smegman:
halfmonkey (09-13-2021), StormRune (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 09:39 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flynlo
I went with yellow stitching and a Spyder. Other than that, a very similar spec. Are you going to keep the calipers black?
Yes, definitely, I paid enough for them to be that way haha!
flynlo (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 09:40 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kor446
When I try to set the deviated stitching the configurator deletes the Race-tex seat inserts. How were you able to include them in your build?
are you doing a GTS? Thats the only thing I can think of that would cause conflict
Old 09-13-2021, 09:43 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
No, I took out the Race Tex so full leather. I did Sport Tex on the 992 and found out that I don’t like my seats that grippy. It makes it difficult to adjust your position on long trips and ingress/egress. I also missed the ventilation. This car will be driven on country roads and not on the track, but for track focused cars, Race and Sport Tex make sense.

I did carbon fiber trim, gear shift, and door sills. I did the same on the 992 but it was matte - hardly noticeable. So I am looking forward to these larger, shinier pieces.
Thats how I would do it if I did a GTS, the only thing the GT4 is missing IMO is cooled seats! But then obviously would have to get all leather seats then which would probably look strange
Old 09-13-2021, 09:54 PM
Frank Torres
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 113 Posts

I would absolutely get a Shark Blue GT4 for my next allocation if they had blue seat belts and matching stitching on the cf buckets.

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread