Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 09:59 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

seat belts are an easy aftermarket fix, although I would wager they change the miami blues out for shark blues later in the year, and blue stitching on the seats is part the extended deviated stitching option I believe

Last edited by smegman; 09-13-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:13 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Torres
I would absolutely get a Shark Blue GT4 for my next allocation if they had blue seat belts and matching stitching on the cf buckets.
Originally Posted by smegman
seat belts are an easy aftermarket fix, although I would wager they change the miami blues out for shark blues later in the year, and blue stitching on the seats is part the extended deviated stitching option I believe
At last word, Shark Blue seat belts are supposed to become available sometime in November. I'll likely pick up a set once I can get them as a separate parts order. Then maybe I'll offer someone a good deal on the miami blue ones
The following users liked this post:
Frank Torres (09-19-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 10:18 PM
kor446
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 24 Posts

are you doing a GTS? Thats the only thing I can think of that would cause conflict
My bad. With the GTS yes, it deletes the race-tex and adds leather. With the GT4, it dleleted the carmine/black interior but added the silver/black interior. I didn't pay enough attention and just ASSumed it had done what the GTS configurator did and took it back to leather.....
Old 09-13-2021, 11:40 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Leather steering wheel came like that, I think its a part of the extended stitching package

I don't believe I got the extended dash stitching, the stitching stops right above the gagues and the CF trim piece on the passenger side... I didn't deem it a worthy option as it would probably get trashed in the sun or reflect on the window

Here's the leather seat backs + the window sticker

I know its stupid but I just don't like the plastic seat backs

Very nice. I have the leather seatbacks on my car too and did it for the same reason. I know a lot of people say not to waste money as you'll never look at the back of the seat but I have the Spyder so I see it a lot since I drive my car top down primarily. Also, it's not just the backs that are in the plastic dip, it's the side of the seats and you see that every single time you get in the car and even more so if you dislike the plastic dip.
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
jimdillard (02-13-2022), smegman (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 02:48 AM
CurbKiller
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Very nice @smegman ! Love the Speed Blue stitching. This may be the first set of photos where I've seen more than like one of 2 photos of the Speed Blue stitching and it looks awesome! Interesting as it looks like you picked the leather steering wheel and it has Speed Blue stitching. Was that a CXX option or did it come like that?

Also, I can't 100% confirm but it looks like you also got the setbacks in leather too, correct? Would you mind showing the deviated stitching on the seatbacks if so?

One other thing I will add (not to knock you but instead directed to PAG) is that when you select any of the upcharge/extended deviated stitching options, the door strap is gt silver and not matched to the upcharge deviated stitching color or at least kept in black. I find it odd that they automatically change it to silver which doesn't match any of the stitching. I think if they kept it black, it would flow more with the black theme interior rather than have a black theme interior, your choice of upgraded deviated stitching and then a silver door strap.
This is an anomaly on the GT4. To get stitching in any colour other than Silver, Red or Yellow, you are forced to pic the Extended Leather interior option in Silver as a baseline. The Spyder has an Extended Leather Interior package in Black. Makes no sense at all but it's bow Porsche set it up.,

As for the steering wheel, you get that when you pay for extended deviated stitching, regardless of a leather steering wheel or not. This only applies to any colour other than Silver, Red or Yellow GT4/Spyder interior packages. However, with those, selecting the leather steering wheel n/c option then removes the contrast.

Hope this helps

Old 09-14-2021, 11:55 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by CurbKiller
This is an anomaly on the GT4. To get stitching in any colour other than Silver, Red or Yellow, you are forced to pic the Extended Leather interior option in Silver as a baseline. The Spyder has an Extended Leather Interior package in Black. Makes no sense at all but it's bow Porsche set it up.,

As for the steering wheel, you get that when you pay for extended deviated stitching, regardless of a leather steering wheel or not. This only applies to any colour other than Silver, Red or Yellow GT4/Spyder interior packages. However, with those, selecting the leather steering wheel n/c option then removes the contrast.

Hope this helps
Until now, I didn't realize that the Spyder was the only model that has the all black full leather package. Was it always available like that for the Spyder or is that new? Maybe I just glossed over it because it never crossed my mind to get an all black interior (sans deviated stitching.)

I have the silver stitching on my Spyder and I selected the leather steering wheel and yes, the stitching is black on the steering wheel. I would have like it to be deviated silver stitching but I guess you don't get it with leather steering wheel.....for some reason.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:47 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Until now, I didn't realize that the Spyder was the only model that has the all black full leather package. Was it always available like that for the Spyder or is that new? Maybe I just glossed over it because it never crossed my mind to get an all black interior (sans deviated stitching.)
yes, for Spyder… black stitch with full black leather always available, and I believe same price as silver stitch. Black stitch full leather gets black door handles, even if you choice the $3K deviated stitch option in Spyder
Old 09-14-2021, 01:11 PM
kor446
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CurbKiller
It's worse than non-sensical. I'm getting a GTS. Committed to the GTS interior because of the way the seats feel, and the look of the trim is great. I want the pop of the carmine stitching/dial and frankly found the chalk stitching/dial to be kinda boring.

I have committed to the chalk exterior though. I'm not a blue, silver, grey or red guy, and chalk is very attractive. But it's "safe", which is moving to "boring", and another descriptive might be sterile.

So how about Lava Orange w/ race-tex interior? Waaaay out there. Certainly not sterile, and it's warmer than the other colors. But with the carmine trim? Not a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan (you young 'uns can check their uni's from the '90's). Chalk inside? I'd rather have it outside and have the color where I sit (ie, chalk exterior w/carmine interior).

Obvious choice though, is the GTS interior with deviated Lava stitching. I could do it if I was getting a GT4. But the GTS interior? Add deviated stitching and you're thrown back to a leather interior. OK, then let's do leather and add the race-tex back? No go, the seat inserts are not an available option.

Reminds me of my wedding when my best friend was going to tell the pianist to play the Stones' "You can't always get what you want" in commiseration with my wife.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Is this forum where you order a Shark Blue GT4 and have it wrapped in Chalk Gray? 🤣
Old 09-14-2021, 08:16 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

Lots of pics coming in
I did the extended Deviated stitching in speed blue with the Carbon fiber sills/trim and it looks great! Let me know if you want any other photos specifically.
Just caught your video on YouTube, she's a real beauty and spec'd to perfection, well done!
Old 09-14-2021, 08:31 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sonicworld
Just caught your video on YouTube, she's a real beauty and spec'd to perfection, well done!
Thanks!
Alan C. (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 09:03 PM
Tennyson
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Leather steering wheel came like that, I think its a part of the extended stitching package

Here's the leather seat backs + the window sticker

I know its stupid but I just don't like the plastic seat backs
I also ordered leather seat backs. Totally useless option, but who cares?
Old 09-14-2021, 11:34 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

smegman, Nice video. I feel much better about ordering Shark Blue.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:53 AM
75north
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the pics and video smegman!

The more I see of Shark Blue the more I like it. Think it's got Guards Red beat for me.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:42 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 75north
Thanks for the pics and video smegman!

The more I see of Shark Blue the more I like it. Think it's got Guards Red beat for me.
I have a guards red 964 and this shark blue pops like you wouldn't believe!!!
75north (09-15-2021)

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread