Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 03:21 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
The Ti will change color as it heat cycles ...
Mine are the black tips. Fingers crossed they will look more like yours soon.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:43 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

My current Setup is:

JCR Inconel Race Manifolds
JCE Titanium Valved Silenced Race Pipe with Rolled Inconel tips
Cargraphics Valve Controller

Absolutely love this and not really sure what the OPF delete would bring other than being way too loud.

View this post on Instagram

The following 3 users liked this post by JonathanWalker:
DFW01TT (07-24-2021), enduro (06-05-2021), UncleDude (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 01:21 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by JonathanWalker
My current Setup is:

JCR Inconel Race Manifolds
JCE Titanium Valved Silenced Race Pipe with Rolled Inconel tips
Cargraphics Valve Controller

Absolutely love this and not really sure what the OPF delete would bring other than being way too loud.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPtZcDJpf4q/
Sounds awesome, well done !
Old 06-08-2021, 07:25 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Sounds awesome, well done !
Thanks, loving it
Old 07-24-2021, 07:02 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Two options:

1. Kline Inconel OAP and exhaust (OEM headers)

2. JCR unsilenced valved pipe (OEM OAP and headers for now) with the option to do more in the future if more volume is needed?

Shipped to your door are about the same price. Kline likely matched with CG valve controller.

Which would you pick and why? Would Kline be a bigger seller if more interactive with Rennlist 718 4.0 community? Any input much appreciated, especially from Spyder guys. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2021, 07:09 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourFourTwo
Two options:

2. JCR unsilenced valved pipe (OEM OAP and headers for now) with the option to do more in the future if more volume is needed?

Shipped to your door are about the same price. Kline likely matched with CG valve controller.

Which would you pick and why? Would Kline be a bigger seller if more interactive with Rennlist 718 4.0 community? Any input much appreciated, especially from Spyder guys. Thanks!
or...

3. JCR Silenced Race Pipe with OEM OAP and headers

I found this combo to be the most 'livable', and why silenced (?) because when the valves are open the sound is about the same as the non-silenced "but" when you need a little more quiet you have that available when the valves are closed.
The following users liked this post:
Alpha Ice (07-26-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 07:50 PM
mprog
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 115 Posts

I love my JCR silenced valved race pipe on my 718 GT4. But I’m curious if others have the same experience :

1. When driving, the valve button makes almost no difference at all. I’ve confirmed the valves move. I can hear a tonal difference outside the car when it’s idling. But while driving, from inside, almost no difference.

2. Freeway driving, nothing I’d call drone. High RPM sounds incredible. But 2-3k rpm there’s what I’d call a resonance inside the cabin that’s pretty loud. I tend to drive around it by shifting appropriately.

Others have the same?
I should add that it sounds so incredible these few things are worth it!
porscheflat6 (07-27-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 09:31 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mprog
I love my JCR silenced valved race pipe on my 718 GT4. But I’m curious if others have the same experience :

1. When driving, the valve button makes almost no difference at all. I’ve confirmed the valves move. I can hear a tonal difference outside the car when it’s idling. But while driving, from inside, almost no difference.

2. Freeway driving, nothing I’d call drone. High RPM sounds incredible. But 2-3k rpm there’s what I’d call a resonance inside the cabin that’s pretty loud. I tend to drive around it by shifting appropriately.

Others have the same?
Although not on a GT4, in the Spyder I can definitely tell the difference between valve positions while driving the car.

FWIW, a friend with a GT4 (all OEM exhaust components) complained about the resonance between 2-3K RPM, cured it by removing the sound symposer tube and plugging the openings, said it was a world of difference. Where as conversation in the car at those RPM's was nearly impossible he said once the symposer was removed he and the passenger could carry on a normal conversation,
porscheflat6 (07-27-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 01:33 AM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by FourFourTwo
Two options:

I was also down to these two options and decided for the price I wanted the rear section and OAP as opposed to just the rear section so I got the Kline inconel exhaust/OAP. I’m very satisfied so far. I don’t think you will be disappointed with either. I would also add a valve controller if you go with the Kline system.
dnimi123 (07-25-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 02:14 AM
works_team
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mprog

Others have the same?
I just had the unsilenced valved version installed last week. Same experience, I had to check that the valves were actually functioning (they are). There is a fairly important resonance between 2-2-5k. I guess I’ll need to drive around this rpm band when driving at moderate speed, which is a bit annoying. It does sound incredible under frank acceleration though.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:16 AM
works_team
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Although not on a GT4, in the Spyder I can definitely tell the difference between valve positions while driving the car.

FWIW, a friend with a GT4 (all OEM exhaust components) complained about the resonance between 2-3K RPM, cured it by removing the sound symposer tube and plugging the openings, said it was a world of difference. Where as conversation in the car at those RPM's was nearly impossible he said once the symposer was removed he and the passenger could carry on a normal conversation,
That’s very good to know, thanks. Any downside to doing this (ie are you losing some of the sound)?
Old 07-25-2021, 03:00 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Kline all the way. Why pay same for silenced JCR and not get the OAP? The Kline combo rear/OAP just sounds amazing and likely this combo out performs the just the JCR rear. I could have had any system I wanted and just could not justify the price premium of the JCR. Plus if after you delete the sound symposer its almost like you can add the Kline SS headers and then have the complete system. No way you can do that with JCR for under $15k. If you are in So Cal PM and i would be happy to let you hear my GT4 with the kline inconel...
The following 2 users liked this post by dnimi123:
964C4 (04-30-2022), Net Cars (02-09-2022)
Old 07-25-2021, 04:06 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 596 Posts

My issue with the Kline would be that for whatever reason they swapped around the large and small exhaust paths so you can never put the OEM OAPs back in if you need to quiet things down for some reason. The Kline back box and OAPs only go together as one unit whereas fully modular solution can be more convenient imo.
998R (07-25-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 06:17 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,081 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Kline all the way. Why pay same for silenced JCR and not get the OAP? The Kline combo rear/OAP just sounds amazing and likely this combo out performs the just the JCR rear. I could have had any system I wanted and just could not justify the price premium of the JCR. Plus if after you delete the sound symposer its almost like you can add the Kline SS headers and then have the complete system. No way you can do that with JCR for under $15k. If you are in So Cal PM and i would be happy to let you hear my GT4 with the kline inconel...
What is the rear muffler x-pipe section only like? Does it give a higher pitch note? Is Inconel over SS worth it?
Old 07-25-2021, 09:23 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 309 Posts

Catless test pipes. Cost me less than $2k including install. PSE Off - pretty quiet. PSE On - turns heads every time and draws compliments. Best sounding 991.2 I've heard!

Quick Reply: Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?