Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 08:55 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Very cool. I haven't noticed any additional heat coming from mine and the tire temps. are staying right in the same range as before the Kline Install.

Great for piece of mind, but so far I have not found heat to be an issue at all.
I got it for peace of mind - plus I feel like the Spyder runs really hot as compared to other Porsche cars I’ve had or BMWs. So this seemed to be an easy way to help everything run a bit cooler.

Last edited by dmboone25; 11-10-2022 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:03 PM
LoodorneGT4
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

@TRZ06 Plus one to everything you mention.. adding the weight saving it's crazy how much weight drops on the car tail.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:04 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 439 Likes on 256 Posts

I don't really monitor the engine or oil temps. I was talking about the rear tires. Since there is a lot of heat back there and the engine is back there, the rears build up a lot more pressure from heat than the fronts. I haven't noticed any additional increase in rear tire pressures is what I was saying.
Thank you for clarification . . . so, in general, is the heat shielding for those who track and are concerned about tire temps?

Avera
The following users liked this post:
LoodorneGT4 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 09:07 PM
LoodorneGT4
Instructor

@Avera I vote yes to heatshield if the car is used heavily as a track car...not once or twice a year and barely pushed it to its limit. ME lol
Avera (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 09:23 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
@Avera I vote yes to heatshield if the car is used heavily as a track car...not once or twice a year and barely pushed it to its limit. ME lol
That is what I figured with my original question, but did not consider tire temperatures . . .

I drive my car hard on the roadways, but I never track and am certain I never approach what others put these cars through on the track

Anyway, with my Dundon components and OEM rear box vs JCR Race Pipe I never noticed any difference in the temperatures I referenced, nor in tire pressures . . . so, as you say, it seems the heat shielding must be for those who track

As far as inconel goes, I remember an interview online with Jamie from Dundon stating he has seen titanium exhausts literally fall apart during a single track session, which is why inconel is preferred for those who routinely track . . . titanium for those who do not

So, it appears to me the inconel +/- the heat shielding is designed for those who track their vehicles routinely/exclusively. Titanium is appropriate for those who utilize their vehicles on the roadways

Cannot verify, but it seems there is much suggestion on this forum that the tone produced by titanium is higher pitched and preferred. . . if that is the tone you are after. I can attest my Race Pipe (asnex titanium) produced and amazing tone. Not sure how much the titanium contributed to design architecture with respect to tone, but it seems it contributes.

Avera
LoodorneGT4 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 09:35 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 184 Posts

My favorite parts are the added volume under lower RPMs where the stock was silent and all you heard was the sewing machine motor, and the higher RPM downshifts with the PDK. It just screams like a banshee on those high downshifts, so bad @ss. Oh and the added pops and burbles when you let off the throttle.

To my ears it is just right.
This is what I am most excited about, and what I miss the most about my 981s. I’m expecting this to be a bit better and hopefully a touch louder.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:39 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,403 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Belly 711
looks great!....how much extra for the heat shielding?
Rear section shielding +$500
OAP section shielding +$600

Very cool. I haven't noticed any additional heat coming from mine and the tire temps. are staying right in the same range as before the Kline Install.
Great for piece of mind, but so far I have not found heat to be an issue at all.
There is no hear issue as the aftermarket OAP run cooler than the OAP w the filter in place. But some want piece of mind and Kline realized that so they offer it as an option.

@TRZ06 don't quote me on this, I think Inconel plays a huge part in the temp.
it's cool down faster and does not store a lot of heat like other metals.
I don't really monitor the engine or oil temps. I was talking about the rear tires. Since there is a lot of heat back there and the engine is back there, the rears build up a lot more pressure from heat than the fronts. I haven't noticed any additional increase in rear tire pressures is what I was saying.
100% correct. Inconel does heat up and cool down much faster than stainless.

Originally Posted by dmboone25
maybe $600 or so? I don’t remember exactly.
Eric @SupremePower was great to work with too - much appreciation to him and his team.
Thank you for the kind words and your biz...was a pleasure working w you!! $500 for Rear $600 for OAP for shielding!

Even tracked the aftermarket OAP will run cooler than the factory OAP w the OPF filter in place.

Agreed!!!
I am LOVING mine. I was worried at first, because some say it is too quiet, but I completely disagree with that. It is just the right amount, unless you WANT to go with obnoxious.
In fact it took my ears a week to adjust to having the valves open all the time. I was switching back and forth a lot, now I am leaving them open all the time.
My favorite parts are the added volume under lower RPMs where the stock was silent and all you heard was the sewing machine motor, and the higher RPM downshifts with the PDK. It just screams like a banshee on those high downshifts, so bad @ss. Oh and the added pops and burbles when you let off the throttle.
To my ears it is just right.
So glad to hear this! Enjoy it man!

Originally Posted by dmboone25
I think I’m the first who got it on the rear section but Eric can clarify.
You are indeed! But now we have stock as well.

Stainless standard systems non shielded in stock
Stainless shilded systems in stock
Inconel Standard systems in stock

Originally Posted by Unstock
Kline offers heat shielding for the OAP’s and exhaust? Knew they were coming out with shielding for the OAP’s, didn’t know the exhaust was getting a shield too. I’ll go with Kline shielded when the time comes, not sure if SS or Inconel for me. I’m sure they both are amazing 👍
Be happy to get you set up whenever you are ready. Shoot us a msg at sales@supremepower.com and we can go over all the details

@TRZ06 Plus one to everything you mention.. adding the weight saving it's crazy how much weight drops on the car tail.
100%

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 11-09-2022, 10:05 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

Anyone know if this exists for a GT4RS yet?
Knutsm01 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 10:19 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by cafe_racer
Anyone know if this exists for a GT4RS yet?

Would you even hear it on a GT4 RS??? The intake sounds have to be at least 2X what the GT4 is. Probably doesn't make any sense on a GT4 RS unless you want it solely for those on the outside.
The following 2 users liked this post by TRZ06:
Avera (11-09-2022), LoodorneGT4 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 11:00 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Would you even hear it on a GT4 RS??? The intake sounds have to be at least 2X what the GT4 is. Probably doesn't make any sense on a GT4 RS unless you want it solely for those on the outside.
Cabin isn't as loud as people say (below 7k). I'd say I was getting just as much noise from a M4 GTS interior which has a stock full titanium exhaust. Also started mine up next to my mate's 992 GT3 and it didn't sound as good.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:06 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Someone on one of the FB groups melted his rubber bushings with an aftermarket OAP/Exhaust while tracking, so it's definitely possible.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:33 PM
LoodorneGT4
Instructor

Dude ..I can’t stop lol
4RS need a Bose noise canceling as default when you drive it.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:54 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by incursion
Someone on one of the FB groups melted his rubber bushings with an aftermarket OAP/Exhaust while tracking, so it's definitely possible.
Maybe it was a GTS?? The GT4 does not have any rubber in the bushings in the rear that I am aware of.
LoodorneGT4 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 07:02 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Dude ..I can’t stop lol
4RS need a Bose noise canceling as default when you drive it.
I have never been in - or anywhere near- an RS, so I am completely limited to what I hear online . . . and we all know trying to capture actual acoustics vis video/audio is no simple task

That stated, I THINK capturing cabin (e.g., induction) acoustics is more attainable than exhaust (e.g., decibels) acoustics

Based on everything I have 'heard,' the RS cabin acoustics sound glorious and loud

From what has been reported on this forum, the RS shares the same rear box as the GT4/Spyder . . . same headers/OAPs???

If true, I would not be surprised if many RS owners pursue a replacement for the OEM rear box, if not all the various aftermarket replacements GT4/Spyder owners pursue?

I did not win the lottery, so the odds of me every owning an RS . . . is about the same as my odds of winning the lottery. If I ever do, I SUSPECT I would throw a JCR rear box on the RS and call it a day???

Avera
LoodorneGT4 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 07:43 AM
cafe_racer
Racer

I'm contemplating just hacking out the OPF on mine, however am unsure if they have sensors in there which might throw a CEL.

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust