Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 01:47 AM
slm9555
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MsGT3
Ah I see. So this is stock behavior, and it'll happen with any exhaust that will control the valves from the OEM console button?
that’s correct, you either need a valve controller, ecu tune, or “collar mod” to physically prevent the valves from fully closing during those rpm ranges.
Old 10-01-2023, 01:59 AM
MsGT3
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slm9555
that’s correct, you either need a valve controller, ecu tune, or “collar mod” to physically prevent the valves from fully closing during those rpm ranges.

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep that in mind when making my choice of which exhaust to buy.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:01 AM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by stitchtosample
can you post it up?

sorry don't come on here much lol. This is Kline inconel oap and rear section. Stock headers and soul valve controller
The following 5 users liked this post by ltfl09:
Anu2g (10-03-2023), josephr25 (10-04-2023), JPMD (10-03-2023), SupremePower (10-04-2023), tigerhonaker (10-03-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 01:06 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,403 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by ltfl09
718 GT4/Spyder Kline exhaust + Soul valve controller - YouTube
sorry don't come on here much lol. This is Kline inconel oap and rear section. Stock headers and soul valve controller
Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 10-24-2023, 12:41 AM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Just thought I’d say thanks to everyone who posted on their experiences with the Kline exhaust. Based on a lot of what I read here, YouTube vids and some other sources, today I ordered a Kline SS system from SupremePower. I chose to get heat shielding on the OAP’s for a little extra peace of mind in controlling heat and more importantly, that cool diamond plate look ;-) While I know this may mess with the sound a little, it’s still going to be way better than stock. I also decided against the Inconel mainly because I just felt I didn’t need to go for the extra expense for a GTS 4.0. Going to hold off on a valve controller as well and see what the stock PSE sounds like and will try out some collars with the valves partially opened. If that doesn’t work for me, I will be back in touch with Eric at SupremePower to order a Cargraphic VC. For now sticking with the stock tips but if they don’t fit on the Kline well, as I have read many complained about, I will order those really cool ceramic coated black Kline tips Eric offers. Those things do look pretty sweet. In a few weeks, my Kline should arrive and will be installed and I should have the answers to some of my questions. Would be happy to report back if anyone cares to hear my overall install and first drive experiences. Finally, thanks to Eric at SupremePower for all the advice and suggestions and for making this exhaust a great buying experience. If you’re considering a Kline or many other exhaust brands, don’t hesitate to reach out to them. Thanks Eric!

Last edited by WarriorGT; 10-24-2023 at 01:53 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by WarriorGT:
coldfire (10-24-2023), j-dub (10-24-2023), MrFunk (10-24-2023), UncleDude (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 12:46 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WarriorGT
Just thought I’d say thanks to everyone who posted on their experiences with the Kline exhaust. Based on a lot of what I read here, YouTube vids and some other sources, today I ordered a Kline SS system from SupremePower. I chose to get heat shielding on the OAP’s for a little extra piece of mind in controlling heat and more importantly, that cool diamond plate look ;-) While I know this may mess with the sound a little, it’s still going to be way better than stock. I also decided against the Inconel mainly because I just felt I didn’t need to go for the extra expense for a GTS 4.0. Going to hold off on a valve controller as well and see what the stock PSE sounds like and will try out some collars with the valves partially opened. If that doesn’t work for me, I will be back in touch with Eric at SupremePower to order a Cargraphic VC. For now sticking with the stock tips but if they don’t fit on the Kline well, as I have read many complained about, I will order those really cool ceramic coated black Kline tips Eric offers. Those things do look pretty sweet. In a few weeks, my Kline should arrive and will be installed and I should have the answers to some of my questions. Would be happy to report back if anyone cares to hear my overall install and first drive experiences. Finally, thanks to Eric at SupremePower for all the advice and suggestions and for making this exhaust a great buying experience. If you’re considering a Kline or many other exhaust brands, don’t hesitate to reach out to them. Thanks Eric!
Thank you for the kind words and your order!

I also wanted to chime in and say that the issues regarding the stock tips have now been resolved on Klines end…. we have worked with Kline on this and now the outlet pipes the tips bolt onto have been slightly enlarged to make up for the inconsistent range of max clamping the oe tips offer
Old 10-24-2023, 01:52 AM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower

I also wanted to chime in and say that the issues regarding the stock tips have now been resolved on Klines end…. we have worked with Kline on this and now the outlet pipes the tips bolt onto have been slightly enlarged to make up for the inconsistent range of max clamping the oe tips offer

This is great news to hear! However, still not completely ruling out the ceramic satin black Kline tips once I see how the OEMs look and sound.
The following users liked this post:
SupremePower (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 01:55 AM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower

What's the current lead time on heat-shielded SS? Still on the fence but may be in SoCal around the holiday so maybe I should drop in for an install...
Old 10-24-2023, 10:59 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
What's the current lead time on heat-shielded SS? Still on the fence but may be in SoCal around the holiday so maybe I should drop in for an install...
We keep stock at Kline and currently we have:

SS in stock
Inconel in stock
Heat Shield adds about 2 weeks
Old 10-24-2023, 11:04 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Kline has new carbon tips for 718 GT4RS 125mm which can be used on the non RS as well. Fir reference the Kline carbon non RS tips are 101mm

For more info: sales@supremepower.com

Last edited by SupremePower; 10-24-2023 at 11:17 AM.
UncleDude (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 05:15 PM
slm9555
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 37 Posts

For non heat shielded Kline owners, can you tell me how much your rear tire pressure increases from a spirited drive? For example, on my stock car, rear tires are 35 psi cold. When I go on a spirited drive the rear tires heat up to 40-41psi. I’m trying to figure out with the Kline without heat shield if the tires will heat up even more or will it be the same.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:23 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 255 Posts

For non heat shielded Kline owners, can you tell me how much your rear tire pressure increases from a spirited drive? For example, on my stock car, rear tires are 35 psi cold. When I go on a spirited drive the rear tires heat up to 40-41psi. I’m trying to figure out with the Kline without heat shield if the tires will heat up even more or will it be the same.
That's a highly weather-dependent question, but personally, have only seen pressures jump a normal amount, so usually just 2-4psi depending on the outside temperature. Don't think you have anything to worry about as air flow would be scrubbing off any heat. Doubt the heat-shielding will make any real discernible difference, especially for the added cost.
jimdillard (10-27-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 05:29 PM
brandobot
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by mc3456
That's a highly weather-dependent question, but personally, have only seen pressures jump a normal amount, so usually just 2-4psi depending on the outside temperature. Don't think you have anything to worry about as air flow would be scrubbing off any heat. Doubt the heat-shielding will make any real discernible difference, especially for the added cost.
I opted to get heat shielding on my OAPs. Porsche decided to heat shield these OAPs not just for the 718, but also for the 981 which didn't have GPFs. My thoughts is that Porsche wouldn't waste money on heat shielding unless they felt it was beneficial.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:43 PM
coldfire
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 60 Posts

Unfortunately I don't have hard data, but anecdotally on my Spyder it seems I'm getting 2-3 psi more increase with the unshielded Kline system vs. stock. Stock I used to see a 4-5 psi increase after normal driving, now it's closer to a 7-8 psi increase. The difference actually seems more noticeable with unspirited driving (e.g. stuck in traffic), where I'm seeing rear tire pressure increase faster from cold.

I'm not too worried about any component damage back there, but just to keep heat soak down I am considering swapping for shielded Kline OAP.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:51 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 471 Posts

3-4 PSI on average. I’m usually starting ~ around 27R/31F prior to the car warming up on backroads.
Your starting temp of 35PSI seems a tad high. Consider aiming for a max warm tire temp of 35PSI, and see how you like the change in driving dynamics.

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust