Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 12:36 AM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 341 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by brandobot
I’m collar modding my exhaust for this reason. If i still don’t have enough volume, i will be adding headers.

Has anyone added Soul/Fabspeed headers to Kline OAP/exhaust? Fabspeed’s dynos appear to provide more power whereas there hasn’t been evidence of power increase with Kline’s setup
I didn’t realize that the Kline headers didn’t add any power. If that’s the case, it’s just for slightly more volume then?
Old 09-13-2023, 09:39 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by dmboone25
I didn’t realize that the Kline headers didn’t add any power. If that’s the case, it’s just for slightly more volume then?
I never trust the manufacturers dyno charts as all you have to do is tweak perimeters or test on a cold morning and you get the target output. While I have not tested my car, the headers with 200 cel cats are definitely noticeable. As with any car that I have added headers, the engine revs much easier and seems to climb faster through the range. I do have a tune but that was installed before the headers. Of course it sounds glorious--enough that when I went to get my ceramic coating maintenance, the owner asked me what I did to the exhaust as it sounds amazing. So, he remembered the car from a year before and noted the exhaust note change. A year ago I only had the inconel OAP and rear muffler.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:50 PM
Agcsr25
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Well I have been going back and forth between Kline and BC Fabs and finally bit the bullet and put my order in at BC Fabs after speaking with someone who has their system in UK and says there is essentially no drone with great sound. He sent my a clip. I order the inconel opf delete heat shielded oap and their inconel valved exhaust. Hopefully in will be here in 6 weeks and I can install it quickly. Will let you know how it goes. video/audio clip was in mp4 and converted to mp3 and landed up with just audio.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
bcfaf.mp3 (134.6 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Agcsr25; 09-13-2023 at 01:52 PM. Reason: problem with format of clip
The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (09-18-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 02:06 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by Agcsr25
Well I have been going back and forth between Kline and BC Fabs and finally bit the bullet and put my order in at BC Fabs after speaking with someone who has their system in UK and says there is essentially no drone with great sound. He sent my a clip. I order the inconel opf delete heat shielded oap and their inconel valved exhaust. Hopefully in will be here in 6 weeks and I can install it quickly. Will let you know how it goes. video/audio clip was in mp4 and converted to mp3 and landed up with just audio.
Most people I spoke to didn't choose that system because the valves closed path is basically dumped straight out with no mixing of the banks, so that's the sound you're going to hear 80% of the time unless you have a valve controller. It is like the stock valves open system - straight out.
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
BoxKing (09-13-2023), dmboone25 (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 02:13 PM
Agcsr25
Intermediate

I am first going to try it without a valve controller and who knows I just might be adding one. Stay tuned, I'll let you know what I find besides my wallet being lighter.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:16 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by brandobot
I’m collar modding my exhaust for this reason. If i still don’t have enough volume, i will be adding headers.

Has anyone added Soul/Fabspeed headers to Kline OAP/exhaust? Fabspeed’s dynos appear to provide more power whereas there hasn’t been evidence of power increase with Kline’s setup
I've asked the same question several months ago with little in return that helped... I assume this is due to the limited amount of people running headers on the 4.0.

Black Friday is around the corner, so I'll be making moves on a set of Kline Headers in SS (not Inconel to match my system) - from whomever offers the best deal. These can currently be had for $3500.00. I wanted to go with SOUL for my headers bc I feel their design is better than Kline, but I cant justify the nearly $2000 price jump, even if they squeeze out a few more HP.

I cant speak on behalf of a before and after when installing the collar mod since I placed them on immediately, but I can say that I truly enjoy the tone throughout the entire rev range with my flaps full open.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:54 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Most people I spoke to didn't choose that system because the valves closed path is basically dumped straight out with no mixing of the banks, so that's the sound you're going to hear 80% of the time unless you have a valve controller. It is like the stock valves open system - straight out.
I also think it has too much of that bassy tone, as opposed to the higher pitch (which I personally prefer) and the Kline does well.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:58 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I've asked the same question several months ago with little in return that helped... I assume this is due to the limited amount of people running headers on the 4.0.

Black Friday is around the corner, so I'll be making moves on a set of Kline Headers in SS (not Inconel to match my system) - from whomever offers the best deal. These can currently be had for $3500.00. I wanted to go with SOUL for my headers bc I feel their design is better than Kline, but I cant justify the nearly $2000 price jump, even if they squeeze out a few more HP.

I cant speak on behalf of a before and after when installing the collar mod since I placed them on immediately, but I can say that I truly enjoy the tone throughout the entire rev range with my flaps full open.
I've been thinking about making this move as well - do we know if there's any downside to "mixing" the metals used at different points in the system? I also have the inconel OAPs and rear section, but they're even saltier than the SOUL options you refer to above. If the SS options really do add some additional noise and hopefully some oomph, then I might end up going that direction. Because an SRS is likely not in my future.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:10 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

I also think it has too much of that bassy tone, as opposed to the higher pitch (which I personally prefer) and the Kline does well.
I feel Kline is the best all-rounder. I do think though, other systems have a cleaner higher pitch under load. Kline has the side can mufflers and a decent sized muffler which (presumably) prevent that, but their benefits are why I purchased the system.
SupremePower (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 04:30 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 285 Posts

Can anyone confirm what else (other than OAPs, tips, and muffler) should be included in a Kline system? Ie. what nuts/bolts/etc and quantities.

I purchased mine used and want to make sure I have everything I need for the install.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:51 PM
Agcsr25
Intermediate

I think I finally was able to get clips uploaded correctly. I also like higher pitch. Hope it works out for me. We shall see.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
bcfaf.wmv (863.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: wmv
bcfab1.wmv (1.03 MB, 25 views)
Old 09-13-2023, 07:16 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

I think I finally was able to get clips uploaded correctly. I also like higher pitch. Hope it works out for me. We shall see.
Post up here
Old 09-14-2023, 08:21 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

where are you located for those of us in your area who may want to hear it?
Old 09-15-2023, 07:58 PM
Agcsr25
Intermediate

I'm in south Georgia little over a hour north of Tallahassee Fl. Hope to have it in 6 weeks.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:53 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 880 Likes on 467 Posts

I took a ride this weekend in a local Rennlist SS Kline Spyder... and there isn't a single video or recording that captures this exhaust adequately... (and I've watched them all)...
LooseNut (09-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust