Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 12:32 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Schneider

my car is part of the conrod recall. Waiting for a new engine.
Sorry to hear you're part of the con rod fiasco. Do you have an estimate of when it should all be sorted out? Awesome looking car. What color is that?
Old 07-13-2021, 12:59 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Found yesterday that the October 5 date for the scheduled European Delivery of our GT4 in Stuttgart was canceled by the factory due to part shortages. And I already had air reservations and finally we got it changed to October 20 -- hope the weather is not a lot worse. THe factory puts winter tires on the car for the use in Europe and then they install new tires before they ship the car to the states. Determined to make this work -- hope they don't cancel this new date. THe Nurburgring closes on October 30 I understand and we would like to drive the track (albeit slowly in this brand new car) just to say the car has been there.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:02 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa32
Found yesterday that the October 5 date for the scheduled European Delivery of our GT4 in Stuttgart was canceled by the factory due to part shortages. And I already had air reservations and finally we got it changed to October 20 -- hope the weather is not a lot worse. THe factory puts winter tires on the car for the use in Europe and then they install new tires before they ship the car to the states. Determined to make this work -- hope they don't cancel this new date. THe Nurburgring closes on October 30 I understand and we would like to drive the track (albeit slowly in this brand new car) just to say the car has been there.
Sorry to hear about your set back. Hopefully, it all works out in the end.

BTW, I don't have you on my database. Would you mind sharing details of your car build?
Old 07-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Sorry to hear you're part of the con rod fiasco. Do you have an estimate of when it should all be sorted out? Awesome looking car. What color is that?
Thank you! It is agate grey. I am hoping to get my car in October. Hopefully before my husband get his 2022 GT3 he just ordered. Porsche’s goal is to have all engines received by September. It takes a few days to swap engines but it can take up to 3 weeks until a certificate of the swap is received. Keeping my fingers crossed. The most frustrating part of the whole thing is seeing others who ordered post fiasco are getting their cars. In my opinion and a business owner, it should have been handled more swiftly than it has been. There is a thread for the stop sale if you haven’t seen it yet.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:08 PM
thundabyr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Schneider
Thank you! It is agate grey. I am hoping to get my car in October. Hopefully before my husband get his 2022 GT3 he just ordered. Porsche’s goal is to have all engines received by September. It takes a few days to swap engines but it can take up to 3 weeks until a certificate of the swap is received. Keeping my fingers crossed. The most frustrating part of the whole thing is seeing others who ordered post fiasco are getting their cars. In my opinion and a business owner, it should have been handled more swiftly than it has been. There is a thread for the stop sale if you haven’t seen it yet.
Yeah... they already got your money so you'll have to wait :/
Old 07-13-2021, 04:46 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by thundabyr
Yeah... they already got your money so you'll have to wait :/
lol not all of it. The stop sale came on hours after the car came to the dealer. I haven’t purchased it yet. They only have my down payment.
The following 2 users liked this post by Susan Schneider:
halfmonkey (07-13-2021), Jeff Jones (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 07:47 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

^Luv Agate Grey! Is it now a PTS color? Either way, it’s beautiful!
Old 07-13-2021, 08:54 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
^Luv Agate Grey! Is it now a PTS color? Either way, it’s beautiful!
It’s not paint to sample but there is an up charge…. I think 1500 or so, not 12k though.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:01 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

My last one was Agate. Absolutely loved it and would order again. Very changeable depending on light. Really shows the muscular nature of the lines!

A few fave pics. All late day sun.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:57 AM
Jon H
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 86 Posts

My RB GT4 arrived today at the dealer, I'm taking delivery on Monday.
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 02:13 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have a GT4 on order with an October delivery and also a Boxster GTS Also for an October delivery -

my plan is too play with both - one for me and one for the wife- and then trade them for a good price deal on a GT3 sometime late next year.

Two different dealers.

Trade them both in for a decent value but not necessarily too dollar for a GT3 maybe at MSRP -/ one dealer told me that they would be interested in doing that because they Don’t have a lot of cars to sell.

car salesman like to sell cars and would rather make a markup from selling cars traded in than from a cash spiff above MSRP.

I would trade them both at MSRP for a GT3 allocation at MSRP if This helped get an allocation for a GT3.

both these salesman said they believe that the GT3 will be available at MSRP third quarter or so next year.

I mostly like the 911 GT3 because I fit in it al ot better than in a GT4 Cayman or Boxster which is a smaller car in every direction.

Old 07-15-2021, 02:28 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jon H
My RB GT4 arrived today at the dealer, I'm taking delivery on Monday.
Congrats! Lots of pictures, please...inside and outside. Ask your SA to take some teaser pictures.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:21 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Found the attached PTS list on the thread titled "992 PTS Color Selection Guide" thread. I wish I had the entire list when I was picking a PTS color but I was told it couldn't be distributed. (You can pick a color from a list but you can't have the list.)

It seems to me that PAG is trying to expand PTS. I say this for several reasons.

The price of PTS on a 982 actually dropped by around $1,000 from 2021 to 2022.

I got an allocation for a 982 GTS build with a 9/7 build date and a 11/26 delivery date. I asked to have it PTS and the dates are 9/22 and 12/24. A one month delay for a custom color is about as fast as anyone could expect.

Also, look how many colors they have added to the PTS list in the attached files. The new colors are denoted by a second green check.

I know some people are trying to get a PTS slot and are hearing a lot of gibberish from their dealers. Hang in there. In my limited experience, slots are out there.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
PORSCHE 992 718 PTS LIST.pdf (46.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf
PORSCHE 992 718 PTS LIST.pdf (46.1 KB, 130 views)
Old 07-18-2021, 07:56 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
Found the attached PTS list on the thread titled "992 PTS Color Selection Guide" thread. ..............

It seems to me that PAG is trying to expand PTS. I say this for several reasons.

The price of PTS on a 982 actually dropped by around $1,000 from 2021 to 2022.

................ In my limited experience, slots are out there.
Thanks for adding the list here. Hope you're right about the availability of PTS allocations. But, not seeing the price drop in Configurator.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger now and start calling dealers for an allocation. However, I want to give my local dealer three more months. I've spent years building the relationship; don't wanna throw that away in a whim. Present supply chain conditions and Porsche's production/recall challenges have made things difficult for everyone. I hope I can still pull this off.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:39 PM
FRIZ
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Mint Green Spyder V300 today heading to Port Edmen !
The following 2 users liked this post by FRIZ:
halfmonkey (07-19-2021), Jeff Jones (07-19-2021)

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order