Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by SockToy
Finally all confirmed, and in. Very minor CXX of the keys, but nothing else was possible right now.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYTTR45

Does anyone have a company (@BobZ?) that could introduce paint match for some internal work? I'd like to paint in the '718' on the gear stick plate and maybe the hands on the chrono clock, or the dials on the infotainment unit, to bring a little of the exterior colour into the car without overwhelming it.

Partly inspired by Lord Ascots sport mode dial on his green/ascot targa.
Correct, Eric at bumperplugs (eric@bumperplugs.com) has been painting parts for me for over 25 years now but the small ones cannot be done since he does not have a way to secure them in his paint booth. I found a local person to me (Palm Coast Eddie) that does my little stuff, he is an old-school pinstriper and he did just the letters at the base of the shift boot for me along with fill in the numbers on the shift ****. As usual, mention my name and you may get a little priority. He will do the same for you if you ship him the parts albeit you will need to include a prepainted part if you want to match the exterior, such as a key half since he mixes his own paint: https://www.facebook.com/people/Palm...0005498087108/ I also have a father and daughter from Russia that live in my area who paint parts - she is a very talented artist like Eddie.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:39 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks Bob. Damned glad I got the PTS keys now! bumperplugs did indeed say they could paint the Spyder ramparts but not the clock hands or shift boot. Was removing yours straight forward to ship to Eddie?
Old 08-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Thanks Bob. Damned glad I got the PTS keys now! bumperplugs did indeed say they could paint the Spyder ramparts but not the clock hands or shift boot. Was removing yours straight forward to ship to Eddie?
Removing the shift boot is easy to get the little 718 piece off - start at the right front corner and then move the left and it will come out, and then you will push the 718 thing out from the inside. I only had the trim ring for the sport chrono painted (satin black to match the other gauges), not the hands, and I just did the airbag trim ring as well since I hated seeing that silver ring - I did it in my last Targa GTS as well.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:59 PM
SockToy
Instructor

That sounds perfect. The trim rings just unscrew? Do you know if thats true of the air vents too? I'd like to paint hte vents satin black to remove the chrome circles, and then maybe make the chrono one viola. Maybe not. Either way this is great info, thank you. Should you have any pics of dismantle/reassemble or final product I'd appreciate them.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

That sounds perfect. The trim rings just unscrew? Do you know if thats true of the air vents too? I'd like to paint hte vents satin black to remove the chrome circles, and then maybe make the chrono one viola. Maybe not. Either way this is great info, thank you. Should you have any pics of dismantle/reassemble or final product I'd appreciate them.
No trim rings unscrew - the one on the sport chrono pops off. In regards to the air vents, the surrounds were a factory option to get painted on the Targa GTS but not the Spyder so I just popped out the chrome centers (on the piece you move to control the flow) and painted those satin black - I painted all of those myself this time. I am waiting for my custom crests to arrive any day now and I will start a new thread with pics of all of my mods - stay tuned.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:12 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Finally all confirmed, and in. Very minor CXX of the keys, but nothing else was possible right now.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYTTR45

Does anyone have a company (@BobZ?) that could introduce paint match for some internal work? I'd like to paint in the '718' on the gear stick plate and maybe the hands on the chrono clock, or the dials on the infotainment unit, to bring a little of the exterior colour into the car without overwhelming it.

Partly inspired by Lord Ascots sport mode dial on his green/ascot targa.
Congrats! When I did CXX options, they told there was a minimum of I think $3000. Did they not have a minimum for you as the key cheeks aren't $3000?
Old 08-03-2021, 09:24 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

^same here: $3000 min for CXX and PTS doesn’t count.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:59 PM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
^same here: $3000 min for CXX and PTS doesn’t count.
I also had a $3,000 minimum, but I was within $100 of it and Porsche in its infinite benevolence waived the difference.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:55 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Congrats! When I did CXX options, they told there was a minimum of I think $3000. Did they not have a minimum for you as the key cheeks aren't $3000?
they didn’t mention it. but I was willing to pony up for a bunch of things they can’t do right now due to shortages so maybe they were just being nice.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:38 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Lol. Got my confirmations today. I am accidentally comfortably over the limit. OTOH I will not only have 2 keys in PTS, I will have the Spyder logo on the roof ramparts in PTS too ;p
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (08-11-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 11:41 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Lol. Got my confirmations today. I am accidentally comfortably over the limit. OTOH I will not only have 2 keys in PTS, I will have the Spyder logo on the roof ramparts in PTS too ;p
What are they charging for the top/side Spyder logos painted to match?
Old 08-11-2021, 01:22 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

If they're willing and able to paint the Spyder logo where the sails attach, maybe they're willing to paint the PORSCHE logo on the rear in PTS as well.
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
What are they charging for the top/side Spyder logos painted to match?
I'm guessing close to $1k.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:43 AM
SockToy
Instructor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Viola Metallic is turning out to be a much more popular color than I thought it ever would be.
as it happens I now have CXX keys and painted logos on the sails if you want to update the spreadsheet

Does anybody know what the CXX “project code” is? Is it unique to my commission, or an indicator of standard approved offering?

e.g the logos are project number 1145 for me, and the keys are 354. Numbers were allocated when pending feasibility check and haven’t changed now confirmed

Thanks
Old 08-12-2021, 01:44 AM
SockToy
Instructor

I'm guessing close to $1k.
$3660
Old 08-12-2021, 02:20 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

as it happens I now have CXX keys and painted logos on the sails if you want to update the spreadsheet

Does anybody know what the CXX “project code” is? Is it unique to my commission, or an indicator of standard approved offering?

e.g the logos are project number 1145 for me, and the keys are 354. Numbers were allocated when pending feasibility check and haven’t changed now confirmed

Thanks
CXX or technically Custom Tailoring Option(Special Wish) is how it will show up on the Monroney Sticker. I believe CXX refers to the option code on your build list where it lists out each option that you picked.

Congrats on getting those items approved.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order