Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 09:21 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Does the 718 cayman have a lighter receptacle somewhere in the car if you don’t order the smoking package? Plugging a CTEK charger into the cigarette style receptacle is an easy way to connect the charger using the CTEk adapter for this style female receptacle.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:13 AM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats - slate grey looks fantastic- you must be thrilled with the way it turned out. Enjoy!

Last edited by TM5; 05-28-2021 at 10:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
needmoregarage (05-28-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 01:04 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Does the PECATL have the entire color palette for people to look at and choose? In the unlikely event I get a PTS slot, I'd be trying to decide between Oak Green, Brewster, Underburg, Irish, Racing, Forest, and similar colors. I don't think they have PTS samples at the dealers and the internet can only do so much.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:33 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,647 Likes on 2,075 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
Does the PECATL have the entire color palette for people to look at and choose? In the unlikely event I get a PTS slot, I'd be trying to decide between Oak Green, Brewster, Underburg, Irish, Racing, Forest, and similar colors. I don't think they have PTS samples at the dealers and the internet can only do so much.
Yes, on the main floor is the Porsche Exclusive – Personal Design Studio. They usually have an Exclusive Design car centered in the design studio; when I was there think it was a GT3 Touring.

This is probably something you'll need to coordinate with your parent dealer/SA.

I know someone that works in the building and have gotten some comparison shots done.

Last edited by TXshaggy; 05-30-2021 at 01:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
thundabyr (05-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 01:41 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Don't know about PECATL but PECLA has a wall full of the various color sample cars (that also look like little frogs.) I'd imagine PECATL might have something similar but if they have an Exclusive Design studio, they may have a more complete center. I suggest just calling them and asking.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:31 PM
Caveman Smash
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am on a waiting list for a 2022 BGTS allocation and I want to order a custom color. Does that require a special allocation slot?
Old 05-30-2021, 04:00 PM
Caveman Smash
Rennlist Member

Excellent choices, I want one of the greens as well. If you haven’t seen them yet, the threads below are excellent resources.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ter-green.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-and-pics.html
Old 05-30-2021, 04:14 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman Smash
I am on a waiting list for a 2022 BGTS allocation and I want to order a custom color. Does that require a special allocation slot?
I believe there's a difference between an allocation and a PTS allocation.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:31 PM
Caveman Smash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
I believe there's a difference between an allocation and a PTS allocation.
Does the PTS allocation include custom colors or just instances where you provide a random sample to Porsche for potential approval?
Old 05-30-2021, 04:33 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Does the PTS allocation include custom colors or just instances where you provide a random sample to Porsche for potential approval?
PTS is when you choose from an approved list of colors that your SA will have. Providing a random sample for them to match is not the same and I don't even know if that's possible. If it is, it would be through the CXX department.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

No, but there has to be enough time in the build schedule to produce the car.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:26 PM
Caveman Smash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
No, but there has to be enough time in the build schedule to produce the car.
Any idea when the typical cutoff occurs?
Old 05-30-2021, 08:36 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

It's my understanding that you have to get an allocation that is PTS available. For example, in my case when I received my original commission number it was not for PTS. When I found out PTS was available for ordering, I immediately contacted my SA and told him I wanted PTS and when he submitted my order, I got a brand new allocation with a brand new commission number. I don't believe that technically the allocation is PTS or a non-PTS allocation but a matter of whether the allocation is during a production period where the factory can do PTS, hence the change to a brand new allocation month with a brand new commission number for my build.

Good luck if that is the route you're going.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:10 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
It's my understanding that you have to get an allocation that is PTS available. For example, in my case when I received my original commission number it was not for PTS. When I found out PTS was available for ordering, I immediately contacted my SA and told him I wanted PTS and when he submitted my order, I got a brand new allocation with a brand new commission number. I don't believe that technically the allocation is PTS or a non-PTS allocation but a matter of whether the allocation is during a production period where the factory can do PTS, hence the change to a brand new allocation month with a brand new commission number for my build.

Good luck if that is the route you're going.
Good info. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:56 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
PTS is when you choose from an approved list of colors that your SA will have. Providing a random sample for them to match is not the same and I don't even know if that's possible. If it is, it would be through the CXX department.
PTS as it's technically called on the configurator is now Custom Color and yes that allows you to choose from a pre-approved list of colors for your vehicle for about a $12,800 premium. PTS (Paint to Sample) in its truest definition is where you bring a color swab of something that you want Porsche to match. Porsche will do a feasibility study and then determine if it's doable for a sum that I've heard is north of $25k. I don't know if this is the stuff of legends or truth as I've never seen anybody with a true PTS bring-a-color-for-Porsche-to-match car.

PTS is just the now accepted term we all use for Custom Color paint Porsches. It's kind of like saying, please get me a Kleenex or a Q-tip.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order