Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 10:27 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

Just curious why you'd spend 12k on a shade of grey? GT Silver not do it for you? I'm not hating btw I think it looks fantastic! And people will probably hate my color choice too but just curious why go through the pain in the **** for a color you can get on a toyota 4runner? lol

Last edited by smegman; 03-18-2021 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:45 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
Just curious why you'd spend 12k on a shade of grey? GT Silver not do it for you? I'm not hating btw I think it looks fantastic! And people will probably hate my color choice too but just curious why go through the pain in the **** for a color you can get on a toyota 4runner? lol
Hi smegman - it’s a valid question.

Answer:
Because I love Slate Grey. I love the history associated with the color.
It looks completely different on a Porsche (to me).
And life is short and I’m very fortunate to have worked hard which allows me this choice, and it’s what I choose.
I think GT Silver is a beautiful color and it was my choice before I got PTS.

It’s what I want and it’s not for everyone. There are many reasons I prefer Grey over the skittles colors. I’ve had some of those too and they’re fun, but I like this more. And I mean no disrespect to those who chose skittles. They’re gorgeous.

When I ordered the 981 the only color that “spoke to me” was Agate. And to my eye Slate and Agate are very different.

I’ve seen a lot of gray cars recently (that look something like Slate). Grey and Yellow are the Pantone colors of the year which I recently learned. Maybe that’s why you see it on a Toyota. But to me (and that’s all that matters) it looks very different on a GT4.
The following users liked this post:
JPMD (03-18-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 01:16 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Those CXX options are like ordering off the secret menu at In-N-Out. I only found out about it when I came across a build on You Tube. Funny thing, it was a video about a Riviera Blue 911 that had the Houndstooth/Pepita insert with set piping. I showed my wife and she LOVED it. It's actually a video I linked in my Riviera Blue thread if you're curious to what it looks like. I originally asked for Pasha but Porsche came back and said no go. They don't have that fabric. They gave me 2 or 3 other fabric options if I remember correctly.

The only other CXX option I considered was changing the door sill light. I originally ordered Miami Blue and I read on a thread that you could change it to a light blue to "match" Miami Blue. After changing to Riviera Blue and paying the PTS charge and then Houndstooth/Pepita inserts, Houndstooth/Pepita center arm rest, and seat piping, we decided to cancel the blue light door sill. I believe you have the custom light on your build correct? Looking forward to seeing all of the custom details on your car.

On the photobook, I did receive an email back early on confirming they got my request/order. I followed up with a question to confirm that the photobook will include my CXX options and they responded to confirm. You may want to double check on that. Didn't know you ordered the phtotobook too.
Yes! I picked the orange lighting on the sill. It's definitely 100% overkill but this is my first new Porsche so why not. I emailed the Photobook request on 8/31/2020 and I must have missed their reply as they confirmed receipt of there request on the same day. I checked on the status the other day and they're still working on it.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:21 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Hi smegman - it’s a valid question.

Answer:
Because I love Slate Grey. I love the history associated with the color.
It looks completely different on a Porsche (to me).
And life is short and I’m very fortunate to have worked hard which allows me this choice, and it’s what I choose.
I think GT Silver is a beautiful color and it was my choice before I got PTS.

It’s what I want and it’s not for everyone. There are many reasons I prefer Grey over the skittles colors. I’ve had some of those too and they’re fun, but I like this more. And I mean no disrespect to those who chose skittles. They’re gorgeous.

When I ordered the 981 the only color that “spoke to me” was Agate. And to my eye Slate and Agate are very different.

I’ve seen a lot of gray cars recently (that look something like Slate). Grey and Yellow are the Pantone colors of the year which I recently learned. Maybe that’s why you see it on a Toyota. But to me (and that’s all that matters) it looks very different on a GT4.
+1. I was looking forward to building a matching Grey Black GT4 but the color choice wasn't available this time around so I went with skittles.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:41 PM
SK991.2
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 115 Posts

Meditteranean Highway now headed to Houston with my Voodoo GTS/PDK.. anyone else on that ship? Arrives in port next Thursday.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:38 AM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 42 Posts
Default 2022 718 Spyder with PTS

Just place my order for a 2022 718 Spyder with PTS and European delivery during summer 2022. I should know by September if PTS is approve and by next February if European delivery is possible. According to my SA, 2022 should be the last year model for the Spyder before getting electrify, the jury is out on this one. In the mean time, Very long wait for me 😇
Old 03-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Borg1of5
Just place my order for a 2022 718 Spyder with PTS and European delivery during summer 2022. I should know by September if PTS is approve and by next February if European delivery is possible. According to my SA, 2022 should be the last year model for the Spyder before getting electrify, the jury is out on this one. In the mean time, Very long wait for me 😇
Congrats, the wait will be worth it.

If 2022 allocations are out I guess US ones should be soon?
Borg1of5 (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 11:26 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Borg1of5
Congrats! Care to share the details of your car? I also have you down for a White Spyder. Will you be selling the White Spyder or keeping that too?

1. screen name
2. GT4, Spyder, or GTS 4.0
3. allocation month
4. production date
5. delivery date
6. V code
7. dealer location (US state or country outside of US)
8. paint color
9. paint code
10. transmission
11. Brakes/Calipers
12. wheel color
13. LWBS, 18 way, or 2 way
14. CXX options
15. link to pictures

Last edited by halfmonkey; 03-20-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:06 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,647 Likes on 2,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Congrats, the wait will be worth it.

If 2022 allocations are out I guess US ones should be soon?
OP stated Summer 2022, so no allocation ... just on a dealer list.
svkarl (03-21-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 02:15 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Y97 for me. Looking forward to seeing the stealthy machine.
I didn’t see you on the spreadsheet. Care to share which car (GT4, GTS, Spyder?) and which Slate?
Old 03-20-2021, 02:41 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I didn’t see you on the spreadsheet. Care to share which car (GT4, GTS, Spyder?) and which Slate?
Oh sorry for the confusion, I meant that's what I'd pick between the colours you posted.

I wish I had PTS on my order, but it is just plain racing yellow.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Congrats! Care to share the details of your car? I also have you down for a White Spyder. Will you be selling the White Spyder or keeping that too?

1. screen name : Borg1of5
2. GT4, Spyder, or GTS 4.0 : Spyder
3. allocation month : Not yet
4. production date : Not yet
5. delivery date : Not yet
6. V code : Not yet
7. dealer location (US state or country outside of US) Lauzon in Laval, Canada
8. paint color : Leaning now for Superior red metallic
9. paint code : W10
10. transmission : PDK
11. Brakes/Calipers : Steel/Black
12. wheel color : Platinum
13. LWBS, 18 way, or 2 way: 18 way
14. CXX options : Not yet
15. link to pictures
That’s what I have so far!
By the way this forum is very useful, thanks to all of you 😃

Last edited by Borg1of5; 04-01-2021 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 07:44 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Oh sorry for the confusion, I meant that's what I'd pick between the colours you posted.

I wish I had PTS on my order, but it is just plain racing yellow.
Thank you!

There’s nothing “plain” about Racing Yellow! Our first GT4 was RY and while I’m not really a “yellow-car person”, it was a beautiful color! That one was more about my husband. I just have a “thing” for Grey! (Hence the Agate and soon to arrive Slate).

Old 03-21-2021, 12:01 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

It may be time to get out the rabbit's foot or whatever good luck charms anyone has. Europe is really stumbling on the pandemic front, with France, Italy, Poland, and others back-stepping towards more shut-downs -- or the term I find most annoying -- "lock-downs". Germany is dancing on the edge, and none of us wants to see the automotive sector suffer the effects. The Tier 1 suppliers do seem to have rebounded from the cross-border supply issues that were problematic a month or so ago. Then there's the chip issue..... ugh, what else?!

Let's hope conditions improve rather than deteriorate. Best wishes to the people who are making the cars we are so much looking forward to receiving.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:07 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
It may be time to get out the rabbit's foot or whatever good luck charms anyone has. Europe is really stumbling on the pandemic front, with France, Italy, Poland, and others back-stepping towards more shut-downs -- or the term I find most annoying -- "lock-downs". Germany is dancing on the edge, and none of us wants to see the automotive sector suffer the effects. The Tier 1 suppliers do seem to have rebounded from the cross-border supply issues that were problematic a month or so ago. Then there's the chip issue..... ugh, what else?!

Let's hope conditions improve rather than deteriorate. Best wishes to the people who are making the cars we are so much looking forward to receiving.
I've been thinking the same; however, the AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved so let's hope that people get back on track and start getting it so everyone can and everybody can start getting back to normal.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order