Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022 | 08:36 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Was sitting with my SA today and reviewing a production notice provided him by Porsche of what options could delay or stop a sale for the GT4RS

PTS was on the stop sale list for GT4RS.
YELLOW deviating stitching was also stop sale.
Leather option was on 4 week delay for all allocations after 9/22.

There may be others but those were the ones I noted.
Yep. I think the yellow thread started about 2 months ago.

PTS until after Jan allocations.

Didn’t know about leather, but not surprising.
Old 08-22-2022 | 08:52 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by ExMB
You keep pushing paying ADM. Why? Is it because you paid it to your VIP client resell allocation?
I'm not pushing ADM. I'm not happy about ADM. I'm just realistic. I've told my story. I've waited 12 years to spec a Porsche GT car. I paid ADM on the 4RS (nothing to the VIP). I'm just not as hung up on it as other people. Life is short, ADM is a means to an end and getting the car. I have paid over before and I always get my ADM back sometimes double and more. Did you pay ADM?

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 08-22-2022 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2022 | 09:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
It’s crazy but you can be sure someone will pay it somewhere. So you know your build number is roughly at about 300k? They haven’t committed to selling you the car at msrp? Would you seriously walk at 25 over?
Honestly, I just don't have an appetite to go over $300k for a Porsche until it's a special NA car (CGT, 997 4L, etc). I'll be flying out to my dealer when my Touring comes in (sometime in Sept/Oct) so I'll chat with them about the GT3RS at that point and give them my build. My GT builds tend to be fairly loaded (PTS, leather, PCCBs, etc) so they'll make good money on all the boxes that I've checked but if they want my Touring in exchange for the GT3RS that may give me pause because the GT4RS will be my main track duty car. Plus with the GT3RS that means I'll have 5 cars with only a 3-car garage and I only have so much time to drive all of them hence my willingness to go over MSRP for the GT3RS is limited.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Mr. Adair (08-22-2022), Odin (08-28-2022)
Old 08-22-2022 | 09:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raymort
Yep. I think the yellow thread started about 2 months ago.

PTS until after Jan allocations.

Didn’t know about leather, but not surprising.
I hope they don't pull the full race-tex option. But yeah, in my head I'm mentally ready for my GT4RS to come in a year after I ordered it (May 2022) like how my Touring is turning out to be.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Adair (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022 | 10:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I'm not pushing ADM. I'm not happy about ADM. I'm just realistic. I've told my story. I've waited 12 years to spec a Porsche GT car. I paid ADM on the 4RS (nothing to the VIP). I'm just not as hung up on it as other people. Life is short, ADM is a means to an end and getting the car. I have paid over before and I always get my ADM back sometimes double and more. Did you pay ADM?
The thing is that the economy will continue to soften as the Fed will look to break inflation and that will result in a recession which will have downward pressure on car prices across the board.
Old 08-22-2022 | 10:19 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Perception, perception. It doesn't matter whether people pay MSRP or not because you always put a spin on it one way or the other. There are posts to the contrary already. There is no way to satisfy your curiosity. Learn to live with it.
Old 08-22-2022 | 10:46 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The thing is that the economy will continue to soften as the Fed will look to break inflation and that will result in a recession which will have downward pressure on car prices across the board.
I think your right but I also think supply chain and lack of cars is a big factor. There is still more GT car buyers than cars. And dealers will continue to maximize every sale until they get more bread and butter cars to help make their number.
Old 08-22-2022 | 11:04 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by ExMB
Perception, perception. It doesn't matter whether people pay MSRP or not because you always put a spin on it one way or the other. There are posts to the contrary already. There is no way to satisfy your curiosity. Learn to live with it.
Sorry, I never really understand what the hell you are trying to say? There is nothing to learn to live with. I enjoy the topic. I enjoy the process. I hope you acquired your cars at MSRP. If you didn’t that’s fine too.

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 08-23-2022 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2022 | 11:45 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I think your right but I also think supply chain and lack of cars is a big factor. There is still more GT car buyers than cars. And dealers will continue to maximize every sale until they get more bread and butter cars to help make their number.
I do agree with you that supply chain issues is keeping prices higher than they would have been otherwise for both new and used cars and why we have inflation as high as we do. Also, as the Fed keeps bumping rates higher and higher along with QT auto loan rates will go up and lenders will tighten up lending standards so all of the marginal buyers will begin to get prices out, including Porsche buyers. This will take some time to play out but I think we'll start seeing it in the last few months of this year and more so next year. I think the ADMs on the GT3RS will be high initially, probably $100k to $150k, but that'll come down quickly as it's not a driver's car.
Mr. Adair (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022 | 12:15 AM
thuggo
Rennlist Member

I do agree with you that supply chain issues is keeping prices higher than they would have been otherwise for both new and used cars and why we have inflation as high as we do. Also, as the Fed keeps bumping rates higher and higher along with QT auto loan rates will go up and lenders will tighten up lending standards so all of the marginal buyers will begin to get prices out, including Porsche buyers. This will take some time to play out but I think we'll start seeing it in the last few months of this year and more so next year. I think the ADMs on the GT3RS will be high initially, probably $100k to $150k, but that'll come down quickly as it's not a driver's car.
You are off on the 3RS...starting thinking 250k++
Old 08-23-2022 | 12:20 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

I will differ to you on these topics of finance and lending! You have more experience! I buy my cars different than most in that I have set aside a cash slush fund to buy these cars. It’s why I have to go car to car. Probably not the smartest use of the money but my returns on these cars have been better than my retirement plan so far.

I agree Porsche has taken the new RS to the point where the majority of non track GT guys just won’t stomach that beast as a road car.

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 08-23-2022 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2022 | 12:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thuggo
You are off on the 3RS...starting thinking 250k++
That may be the initial ask, but I don't think there's anyone stupid enough to pay $500k-$550k for a GT3RS and ADMs will be below $100k next year as the economy goes into the crapper next year.
welikethetrack (08-25-2022)
Old 08-23-2022 | 12:43 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I will differ to you on these topics of finance and lending! You have more experience! I buy my cars different than most in that I have set aside a cash slush fund to buy these cars. It’s why I have to go car to car. Probably not the smartest use of the money but my returns on these cars have been better than my retirement plan so far.

I agree Porsche has taken the new RS to the point where the majority of non track GT guys just won’t stomach that beast as a road car.
You live why what my stepdad would tell me...never buy a car unless you can pay cash for it....which is smart. I finance my real estate car (Macan now and soon to be Taycan) because I can deduct the interest against my business income and I've financed most of my other cars because I want to remain liquid by asking as a mini iBuyer for my real estate clients but I'll probably limit the financing to 50% on the incoming GT cars as I don't want to have a huge car payments.

I've tracked every GT car that I've owned and have used them around town but the new GT3RS is a bit much to take the girlfriend out to dinner in or meet a client for lunch with. I see it as the ultimate Porsche streetable track weapon that I would drive to the track, on the track, and home from the track. If I can't get the GT3RS for MSRP, I'll probably look at picking up a Speciale to scratch the Ferrari item.
Mr. Adair (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022 | 08:07 AM
Daniels34
Intermediate

These posts are now 50%+ only about ADMs and cost… boring!

What if each individual in their market would just accept that the all-in prices to be paid are what they are?
How will all complaints help any of us enjoy their cars more?

I would love to talk GT4RS specifics again.

Personally, I love the new style of the GT3RS side decals and look to create a GT4RS version of those
Furthermore I will install Blackvue cameras front and rear again as I have on my 981 GT4

which upgrades will you choose?

wondering if some engine tuners will offer the hot cams and ECU mapping of the GT3RS for the GT4RS?
The following 5 users liked this post by Daniels34:
ExMB (08-23-2022), Itzkirb (08-23-2022), KLCC 88 (08-23-2022), Odin (08-28-2022), Porsche2014 (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022 | 08:41 AM
Porsche2014
Instructor

There is a separate allocation thread wherein people have been discussing ADM ad nauseum for the last year...
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...on-thread.html
ExMB (08-23-2022)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS