Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 12:10 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,275 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
Maybe I am mistaking but I don’t understand why people are upset at Porsche for the ADMs… my understanding is this is a dealer problem and they are the ones charging the ADMs.

My dealer never charges ADMs on GT cars or other highly sought after cars but you will pay full retail. They will also ask you to sign a contract saying they have the first buy out option if you decide to sell the car within a certain time period.

My buddy from another job, who I had lost contact with for several years, turned up to be an SA at the dealer where I bought my CPO, from him, informed me that "at his dealership", 100% of the ADM goes to the GM's pocket. If I was in a position to by a car with a $50k-$100k markup, I'd hesitate, given that distribution. That said, if it was my only option, and the $100k wasn't a concern financially, given it'd be my "only" chance to get a car like that from new, with the window rapidly closing, "gotta do, what you gotta do".

My local Porsche dealer, where I've had a deposit on a 718 GT4 since 4/2019, and still waiting, has historically been an "at most MSRP" dealer...been window shopping there since the 90's. I was recently informed that "if I ever get my allocation, I may have to pay $20k ADM, because of the market...maybe not as much as $20k, because I've been on the list for so long, but don't be surprised." Either way, I'd probably be paying "some" markup.

Last edited by colnagoG60; 08-22-2022 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:41 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
^ This. Porsche is the best value in sports cars right now and it’s not even close. The width of the offerings and the quality of the vehicles is unsurpassed for the money. Every category.

So the new GT3RS is the best value.....at a 250k ADM?
Old 08-22-2022, 12:55 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
They will also ask you to sign a contract saying they have the first buy out option if you decide to sell the car within a certain time period.
I've also heard of some dealers asking buyers to sign something like this, but I also heard this does not mean anything in reality. First buy out option at what price? It has to be below market value in order for the dealership to make money?

Old 08-22-2022, 01:32 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
I've also heard of some dealers asking buyers to sign something like this, but I also heard this does not mean anything in reality. First buy out option at what price? It has to be below market value in order for the dealership to make money?
Allocations also come from trading in a pretty new car at MSRP where the dealer is making the markup on the used sale. So like the other guy said, you can get the gt cars at MSRP but it will be usually conditioned on your customer behavior. Either you have a top notch relationship with the dealership GM, or they will get their money elsewhere with your cars. The House always wins. They will not just walk away from a market premium ADM because they like our pretty faces.

Last edited by tdlondon; 08-22-2022 at 01:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Adair (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 02:01 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by tdlondon
Allocations also come from trading in a pretty new car at MSRP where the dealer is making the markup on the used sale. So like the other guy said, you can get the gt cars at MSRP but it will be usually conditioned on your customer behavior. Either you have a top notch relationship with the dealership GM, or they will get their money elsewhere with your cars. The House always wins. They will not just walk away from a market premium ADM because they like our pretty faces.
I guess what I was trying to ask is if you sign that agreement and then end up "flipping it" elsewhere what can the dealer do? Could they sue you? In all my allocations I have never seen such an agreement, but I've heard about them. Always thought it was an urban legend type of thing

Mr. Adair (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 02:06 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Keep in mind he is in Canada. Different than US.

There are dealers here that make you sign such a document. Two terms a) You will not sell the car within 12 months from delivery b) If you receive an offer to buy your car, you present the offer to the selling dealer. Selling dealer has 72 hours to match the offer. If they don't agree, then yours to do what you want provided condition A is met.
Itzkirb (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 02:13 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

I guess what I was trying to ask is if you sign that agreement and then end up "flipping it" elsewhere what can the dealer do? Could they sue you? In all my allocations I have never seen such an agreement, but I've heard about them. Always thought it was an urban legend type of thing
Ferrari dealers, who do not charge ADMs on any new car sale, sometimes include a right of first refusal on the car for a specified time period that you agree to

So within that time period if you want to sell your car, based on the contract you signed, you give it back to them at MSRP and they then charge and bank the premium on the now "used" car

If you break the contract you signed and flip the car, I guess they could sue you but the punishment is you likely won't be getting new cars from that dealer or Ferrari in general moving forward

Trading in your car back to the dealer after the term period also still helps the dealer make money, they note that and will likely do more in their power to help you get the new allocations as they come

A reward system for the loyal clients.. Personally I like Ferrari's system but the downside/flip side of that is it's very hard to get the allocation you want as a newcomer, even if you *are* willing to spend an ADM. You'll need to slog through the lesser wanted new cars and/or used cars to get that one you really really want and even then sometimes it is not promised

Whereas with Porsche if you have the means and willingness, you can walk in and buy any allocation you want...

Damned if you do damned if you don't?
The following 2 users liked this post by sampelligrino:
Itzkirb (08-22-2022), Mr. Adair (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 02:16 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 658 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
So the new GT3RS is the best value.....at a 250k ADM?
I would say by in large my statement excludes ADM. That said, many models are still best in class after ADM even. I think you need to take it car by car when referring to ADM. At MSRP no question. I think intended use plays a huge part as well. You bring up a great question. At $229k msrp plus $250k you get the new 3RS at $479K. Tell me which car is better for it's intended use at that price? That why Porsche is Porsche right now. Off the top of my head is there a NA car that out performs it at the price? Add in turbos you get the Pista's and the McLaren's which are quicker but Pista's start at 630K and 720s's go for 300-440K coupe vs Spider which are simply the best value going but after 5 straight laps at your local track I'm certain you would have an issue. That's why 2RS's are so amazing..

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 08-22-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:46 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
My buddy from another job, who I had lost contact with for several years, turned up to be an SA at the dealer where I bought my CPO, from him, informed me that "at his dealership", 100% of the ADM goes to the GM's pocket. If I was in a position to by a car with a $50k-$100k markup, I'd hesitate, given that distribution. That said, if it was my only option, and the $100k wasn't a concern financially, given it'd be my "only" chance to get a car like that from new, with the window rapidly closing, "gotta do, what you gotta do".

My local Porsche dealer, where I've had a deposit on a 718 GT4 since 4/2019, and still waiting, has historically been an "at most MSRP" dealer...been window shopping there since the 90's. I was recently informed that "if I ever get my allocation, I may have to pay $20k ADM, because of the market...maybe not as much as $20k, because I've been on the list for so long, but don't be surprised." Either way, I'd probably be paying "some" markup.
I sure hope this is absolutely false. If true, I would be shocked. I can't see the dealer principal being ok with that. Porsche Mpls was selling a TON of GT cars all over the country at MSRP for a decade. Just giving the allocations to VIPS, good people and even out of state. When that ended (about 5 years ago) the rule was still MSRP but the cars stay in the state and must be local and come back to the dealer. Then they tossed MSRP out the window and joined the club and added a flat ADM by model and insisted on "extra" packages. The tide turned when they stopped being able to get bread and butter models to sell. Salesman left to other dealers for more income etc. supply chain is still killing them.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:30 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

I would say by in large my statement excludes ADM. That said, many models are still best in class after ADM even. I think you need to take it car by car when referring to ADM. At MSRP no question. I think intended use plays a huge part as well. You bring up a great question. At $229k msrp plus $250k you get the new 3RS at $479K. Tell me which car is better for it's intended use at that price? That why Porsche is Porsche right now. Off the top of my head is there a NA car that out performs it at the price? Add in turbos you get the Pista's and the McLaren's which are quicker but Pista's start at 630K and 720s's go for 300-440K coupe vs Spider which are simply the best value going but after 5 straight laps at your local track I'm certain you would have an issue. That's why 2RS's are so amazing..
Only complete brain dead morons would ever pay an ADM of $250k on the 992 GT3RS. Will the initial ADM be high? Sure, but it'll sink as the economy going into recession and more cars are produced. The 991.2 GT3RS ADMs faded very quickly and the 991.2 GT3 Touring outperformed it by a wide margin. My build is around $300k for the GT3RS so if I can't get one at MSRP, I'm not buying it.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:53 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Only complete brain dead morons would ever pay an ADM of $250k on the 992 GT3RS. Will the initial ADM be high? Sure, but it'll sink as the economy going into recession and more cars are produced. The 991.2 GT3RS ADMs faded very quickly and the 991.2 GT3 Touring outperformed it by a wide margin. My build is around $300k for the GT3RS so if I can't get one at MSRP, I'm not buying it.
It’s crazy but you can be sure someone will pay it somewhere. So you know your build number is roughly at about 300k? They haven’t committed to selling you the car at msrp? Would you seriously walk at 25 over?
Old 08-22-2022, 06:46 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts
Default Potential Build Delays

Was sitting with my SA today and reviewing a production notice provided him by Porsche of what options could delay or stop a sale for the GT4RS

PTS was on the stop sale list for GT4RS.
YELLOW deviating stitching was also stop sale.
Leather option was on 4 week delay for all allocations after 9/22.

There may be others but those were the ones I noted.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:30 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 831 Posts

It’s crazy but you can be sure someone will pay it somewhere. So you know your build number is roughly at about 300k? They haven’t committed to selling you the car at msrp? Would you seriously walk at 25 over?
You keep pushing paying ADM. Why? Is it because you paid it to your VIP client resell allocation?
Old 08-22-2022, 08:32 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Was sitting with my SA today and reviewing a production notice provided him by Porsche of what options could delay or stop a sale for the GT4RS

PTS was on the stop sale list for GT4RS.
YELLOW deviating stitching was also stop sale.
Leather option was on 4 week delay for all allocations after 9/22.

There may be others but those were the ones I noted.
Jesus the 4RS is turning into a massive **** show.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:33 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by colnagoG60
FWIW, I went to my local BMW dealer, and was told I could put in an order for an "M" car now, and it should pretty much go right through for start of production, with delivery in 3-4 months...no ADM. They were previously charging $5k-$10k I believe. This while standing in front of a new M5 which he was also willing to let go at sticker, possibly below.
I got offered a spot for the new M4 CSL. I got a GT4RS coming instead, just because you can get one, doesn't mean you should. The M4 CSL will be just like the M4GTS before it, depreciation nearly as fast as it's 0-110 times.
The following 2 users liked this post by cafe_racer:
168glhs1986 (08-23-2022), Mr. Adair (08-23-2022)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS