Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 08:20 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by SK991.2
Anyone think it is possible to order GT4RS withe the race tex dash as a CXX option? I don't care for the crazy price on all the CF parts of WP but would like a RACE TEX dash instead of leather?

Probably no....PAG has this thing of not allowing you to change or modified things via CXX if what you request is available as part of an option.
But you can always try
Old 05-09-2022, 09:18 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I think you took the comment too seriously as I know James was just teasing you...a little bullying?
But love your over-reacted snob reply without knowing anything about those people, including me....currently have and F80 ZCP M3, so yeah....I can clearly opinion about it and like it for what it is.
No, he was being a tool and so are you. Own it. Don't ruin a decent thread by being an insecure (k)***.

If neither of you can't understand the difference between a true track capable road car and a badge - thats your problem not mine.

If neither of you can be informed or civil why are you here?

Last edited by groundhog; 05-09-2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:24 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
No he was being a tool and so are you. Own it.
Whatever......
Old 05-09-2022, 09:39 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

Whatever......
LOL as expected - don't ruin a good thread.

This is a thread about the 4RS.

Last edited by groundhog; 05-09-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:43 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
LOL as expected - don't ruin a good thread.

This is a thread about the 4RS.

Exactly.....lets get back on track
Old 05-09-2022, 11:54 AM
blackmist27
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 41 Posts

My SA called me yesterday to tell me that my allocation is official for the GT4RS. woohoo! however, he also said I have till the end of July to send him my build code and NOT to make any chances since supply issues will most likely mean I wont get what I asked for. which is fair... the world is changing... what can you do?
My question now is around color. I was 100% going to PTS the car before the price hike. Now, I am questioning it. I mean, when you add the ADM over the MSRP, this gets very expensive very quick. I know its "just $10k more" but it never seems to end. The other thing, is I cant seem to decide on color. IF I PTS, I am kinda considering these colors:
  • Smyrna green
  • Fjord green
  • oak green metallic
  • Olive green
  • cobalt blue metallic 944
  • other thoughts?
I know its subjective but anyone with PTS experience talk about their selection process? I am pretty on the fence on PTS vs. the stock colors... any one have any advice?
Old 05-09-2022, 11:58 AM
KLCC 88
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmist27
My SA called me yesterday to tell me that my allocation is official for the GT4RS. woohoo! however, he also said I have till the end of July to send him my build code and NOT to make any chances since supply issues will most likely mean I wont get what I asked for. which is fair... the world is changing... what can you do?
My question now is around color. I was 100% going to PTS the car before the price hike. Now, I am questioning it. I mean, when you add the ADM over the MSRP, this gets very expensive very quick. I know its "just $10k more" but it never seems to end. The other thing, is I cant seem to decide on color. IF I PTS, I am kinda considering these colors:
  • Smyrna green
  • Fjord green
  • oak green metallic
  • Olive green
  • cobalt blue metallic 944
  • other thoughts?
I know its subjective but anyone with PTS experience talk about their selection process? I am pretty on the fence on PTS vs. the stock colors... any one have any advice?
As you mentioned PTS is very subjective therefore get what you like and not let others sway your decision. There's so many choices on PTS that pick one (due to time constraint) and run with it. Congratulations!!.. get you spec in asap and lock down your allocation.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:04 PM
blackmist27
Instructor

Originally Posted by KLCC 88
As you mentioned PTS is very subjective therefore get what you like and not let others sway your decision. There's so many choices on PTS that pick one (due to time constraint) and run with it. Congratulations!!.. get you spec in asap and lock down your allocation.
thank you!
My question isnt necessarily about "tell me the best color..." I guess I am asking about thoughts on color based on experience. for example, did you think it would come out one way, then regretting it after getting the car? how did it effect resale value? is it worth it? anything I should consider before making a decision?
Old 05-09-2022, 01:02 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

thank you!
My question isnt necessarily about "tell me the best color..." I guess I am asking about thoughts on color based on experience. for example, did you think it would come out one way, then regretting it after getting the car? how did it effect resale value? is it worth it? anything I should consider before making a decision?

IMHO thinking about resale and rarity......unless you go with a light blue (like Gulf) I personally wouldn't go with a blue since Shark and Gentian are so close to the vast majority of PTS blue colors. But that's my opinion and I'm not a blue car guy.
Now greens I really love them and look gorgeous on any Porsche...again, IMO on a GT car (except maybe a GT3T) I would go with a solid color but your options looks good for metallic.
How about adding Jet Green Metallic or Porsche Racing Green on that list?

Old 05-09-2022, 01:08 PM
blackmist27
Instructor

I really like P. Racing Green. but when I search for the color on a actual car, I only find very few pics. its hard to tell. I do like the idea of a metallic... also I fully agree that make of the PTS colors are close to the stock offerings. also a LOT of pts cars have been coming out in like British racing green or equivalent. makes me want to to steer away even though I love the looks because its not that rare any more.
Lets also not forget that this particular car will most likely get lots of PTS builds because of its significance in the Porsche line up. so it might be more rare to not PTS... haha
Old 05-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Mdiesel64
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Does anyone happen to know what finish is on the stock wheel selection for the 4RS? I know you can opt for silver at no additional charge but there's no insight as to what it is if not silver. Is it a dark grey?

Do real world photos even exist of that wheel? All I can seem to find are the magnesium wheels in blue, and black, aside from the one Irish Green example with silver wheels.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:35 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64
Does anyone happen to know what finish is on the stock wheel selection for the 4RS? I know you can opt for silver at no additional charge but there's no insight as to what it is if not silver. Is it a dark grey?

Do real world photos even exist of that wheel? All I can seem to find are the magnesium wheels in blue, and black, aside from the one Irish Green example with silver wheels.

Default color is the dark grey (Satin Platinum)....like on the GT4s.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:36 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64

Does this help? Likely platinum is the standard wheel colour.

The following 2 users liked this post by 993RR:
908/3fan (08-21-2022), Booth9999 (05-13-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 01:39 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

I really like P. Racing Green. but when I search for the color on a actual car, I only find very few pics. its hard to tell. I do like the idea of a metallic... also I fully agree that make of the PTS colors are close to the stock offerings. also a LOT of pts cars have been coming out in like British racing green or equivalent. makes me want to to steer away even though I love the looks because its not that rare any more.
Lets also not forget that this particular car will most likely get lots of PTS builds because of its significance in the Porsche line up. so it might be more rare to not PTS... haha

Yes....PTS might be requested a lot on the 4RS, but with so many colors you do have a lot of choices.
Also, even with the announced PTS capacity expansion I still see the program having difficulties....maybe 2023 they will have the whole new process worked out.
The dark greens are always popular....at the end pick the color that you love, even if it's a popular choice.
The following 3 users liked this post by jmartpr:
blackmist27 (05-09-2022), Booth9999 (05-13-2022), KLCC 88 (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 01:45 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Default color is the dark grey (Satin Platinum)....like on the GT4s.
Originally Posted by 993RR
Does this help? Likely platinum is the standard wheel colour.

Platinum is not an option for the GT4RS wheels; its dark silver which appears from photos on Rennlist to be a shade between brilliant silver and platinum

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS