Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Shi
In Ontario Canada, the aftermarket options are written into the same bill of sale as the car so if you refuse to buy those before signing the purchase agreement, there will be no car for you... same as trade in value
Even better if it's written in for trade in values. It's black and white, you find them the buyer at that wholesale price. They probably give you the regular excuse of needing to clean the car, prep the car, spend money on advertising etc, you just tell them you got a buyer at that price, saving them all the cost. More than likely the trade in value will go up after, rinse and repeat, as long as you got someone willing to take the car.

I actually did exactly that a couple times. Got a low ball trade in offer, I didn't say anything and when the time comes to pick up the car and sign the contract, I bought my buddy over with a check in hand to buy my old car at their low ball price. They objected but can't really do much about it. Few years later they tried that again. And again I got someone to take the car. I told them did you guys not learn anything? Next year I went back and finally they smarten up play fair and gave much better trade in value.

It's too bad you guys have HST, so there aren't differences in tax savings like here with separate GST and PST. Stuff like that if written onto the contract means they are taxed at the much higher bracket so no one do that.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:43 PM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Even better if it's written in for trade in values. It's black and white, you find them the buyer at that wholesale price. They probably give you the regular excuse of needing to clean the car, prep the car, spend money on advertising etc, you just tell them you got a buyer at that price, saving them all the cost. More than likely the trade in value will go up after, rinse and repeat, as long as you got someone willing to take the car.

I actually did exactly that a couple times. Got a low ball trade in offer, I didn't say anything and when the time comes to pick up the car and sign the contract, I bought my buddy over with a check in hand to buy my old car at their low ball price. They objected but can't really do much about it. Few years later they tried that again. And again I got someone to take the car. I told them did you guys not learn anything? Next year I went back and finally they smarten up play fair and gave much better trade in value.

It's too bad you guys have HST, so there aren't differences in tax savings like here with separate GST and PST. Stuff like that if written onto the contract means they are taxed at the much higher bracket so no one do that.
Cool, thx for sharing the tips!
Old 10-23-2021, 07:45 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

The key is getting down to their level and play dirty with them, actually be even dirtier, and at every opportunity try to pull the rug from under them.

also use timing to your advantage. End of month always better than middle or beginning of the month. An extra sale to pad the monthly number.

Last edited by Whoopsy; 10-23-2021 at 07:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SToronto (10-26-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 07:50 PM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

The key is getting down to their level and play dirty with them, actually be even dirtier, and at every opportunity try to pull the rug from under them.
what if they ban you from dealing business with them again? Will it ever happen? We only have so little dealerships in Canada...
Old 10-23-2021, 10:49 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stephen Shi
what if they ban you from dealing business with them again? Will it ever happen? We only have so little dealerships in Canada...
Haha what is there to ban with? You didn't cheat them, you negotiated pricing with them fairly.

You asked for one number, they gave you another lower number. With excuses like the car isn't in demand, your car isn't worth much, they need to spend money to refresh it, advertise it, etc. All you did was to find a buyer for them to buy the car as is, at the price they say it's worth, without them spending a dime to clean it up or advertise it, you saving them money in fact and did them a favour. 🤷🏻‍♂️ You can sweeten the deal by telling them they can have a pure profit of say $1000 doc fee for signing an extra 2 pieces of paper which takes all of 30 seconds.

And if they say the car is actually worth more than that price, then you can ask them why the hell they don't give you a higher price to start with? You are only using their numbers, their tactics, on them.

Old 10-23-2021, 11:27 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,071 Posts

also use timing to your advantage. End of month always better than middle or beginning of the month. An extra sale to pad the monthly number.
That all works with normal supply levels like last fall when around 100 GT4s were searchable in typical online databases.

When the number is in the single digits nationwide there won’t be any “pulling the rug out from the dealer”…lol.

Historical paradigm/folksy wisdom is a long way off.
Booth9999 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 11:43 PM
odie_33
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching the video again (the one with GT3 top and GT4 RS bottom) and.... did that RS rev to redline at 9000rpm???
Old 10-24-2021, 12:11 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Yes
Old 10-24-2021, 01:07 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
write congressman and say what exactly? Put a stop to capitalism?
Write whatever comes to mind, unless there's a 5 figure check attached to your name, they don't give a flip what your special interest is. Especially when it doesn't match their interests.
Congress is bought and paid for and unless you've paid ... fuggedaboutit.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:40 AM
GT4 RS
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Yes, only difference is here you can pay to skip the line of people before you and get the car before the guy who deserves it based on previous Porsche ownership. American dealers don't value long-term relationships and UK dealers clearly do.
Yes you're correct, with our OPC's long-term loyalty is everything, and they'll do as much as they can to retain it.
Very competitive market here, with new car discounts on basic 718's and 911's etc. but only for the best customers.
List for all GT products.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:49 PM
Avaley
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

135k start msrp before ADM is my guess. how much do the MR packs go for? I would think a 160k GT4 RS MR might give the 992 GT3 a run for its money.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:10 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by Avaley
135k start msrp before ADM is my guess. how much do the MR packs go for? I would think a 160k GT4 RS MR might give the 992 GT3 a run for its money.
465 for the RS and 160kish STARTING for the GT3.

I think the GT4 RS starts at 125k, surprises to the upside on performance and I also wish they made a Spyder RS, but the RS cars are just too pure of track cars when you are already adding decals instead of badges to save weight XD
You upped it by 10 k from last year. What changed your mind?

Last edited by ExMB; 10-24-2021 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:34 PM
Avaley
Advanced

Originally Posted by ExMB
You upped it by 10 k from last year. What changed your mind?
I'm blown away by the performance and 9k rpm + price of the GT3.

I think availability will be an issue with all the supply chain mess and the demand of this car will be insane. I think ADM's will be silly and we won't be seeing many of these in the states sadly.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:35 PM
Avaley
Advanced

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Speedster does have 992 GT3 engine however

JC
J i bet you are excited to see what you can develop for the GT4 RS. I think JCR GT4 RS will be 550 hp and pushing 400 ftlbs of torque. Take my money and I'll be in line...

Straight hyper car territory once you start unrestricting exhaust and when ECU is tuned... perhaps 6:50 full ring time?

Last edited by Avaley; 10-24-2021 at 11:36 PM.
BrntRubber (10-29-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 11:55 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm blown away by the performance and 9k rpm + price of the GT3.

I think availability will be an issue with all the supply chain mess and the demand of this car will be insane. I think ADM's will be silly and we won't be seeing many of these in the states sadly.
I have been sitting at 4th on one dealers list for the past year but to expect to have a adm if the other 3 guys turn it down...... but no word yet on how big the adm will be.

Best hope is hopefully a 3 year of the gt4rs to really have a legit chance.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS