Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 08:02 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
3rd. But I doubt that means anything...
That's right. The waiting list is an interesting concept in this context. Not sure I would trust the position I have regardless of what the dealer tells me. Unfortunately, the reality is you may never see a car. Have you thought about engaging a broker or striking out on your own to find an allocation?
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 08:07 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I'd say I'm pretty in the middle. The sport seats in Porsche's are honestly amazing and would be my go to if I was ordering a 911 or non-GT 718. But my GT4 I bought specifically for track use and I'd rather get the official Porsche LWBS instead of "cheapening" the interior of a GT4 by buying a set of Recaro's
+1. The GT4 won't be my daily so I'm less concerned about having ultra comfy seats. I sat in a 992 at PEC-ATL in 2019 drove a GT4 with the LWBS and I knew I had to have them. It certainly requires more effort to get into and out of the car when compared the Sport Seats Plus or the Adapative Sport Seats Plus, but it's worth it. GT car = LWBS IMHO.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:39 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
+1. The GT4 won't be my daily so I'm less concerned about having ultra comfy seats. I sat in a 992 at PEC-ATL in 2019 drove a GT4 with the LWBS and I knew I had to have them. It certainly requires more effort to get into and out of the car when compared the Sport Seats Plus or the Adapative Sport Seats Plus, but it's worth it. GT car = LWBS IMHO.
Agree! I drove in my friends 981 GT4 and she has the LWBS and as soon as I sat in them I knew I wanted them for myself. I found them extremely comfortable so that was a very nice bonus.

My girlfriends boss has a 981 Boxster GTS that he let me drive around the block a few times and those had the 18-way adjustable seats and it was easily the most comfortable I'd ever been in a car. That test drive solidified my decision to get the GT4 as it felt just like my S2000 just a lot more refined and more room to push the car. If I were getting a GTS4.0 I'd strongly consider the comfy seats as it would make for such a nice weekend cruiser.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:42 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

3rd. But I doubt that means anything...
What was the agreed on sale price? When I talked to my local SA about getting an allocation for a GT4 and it being my first Porsche, he was very upfront in telling me that while I could put my name down on the waitlist for an MSRP allocation, the chances of me actually getting one at that price were basically next to non. He told me that if I were willing to pay 20k ADM he could guarantee me a car. A bit of a big promise considering at the time we weren't even sure if there would be a 2023 MY but low and behold he had an allocation for me in June. I ended up passing on it as I had secured one through Ben at an out of state dealership but I wanted to make sure I secured one rather than wait for local.

Point Is, if you are willing to pay some ADM I'd be willing to say you'll see an allocation sooner than later.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 10:05 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
That's right. The waiting list is an interesting concept in this context. Not sure I would trust the position I have regardless of what the dealer tells me. Unfortunately, the reality is you may never see a car. Have you thought about engaging a broker or striking out on your own to find an allocation?
What was the agreed on sale price? When I talked to my local SA about getting an allocation for a GT4 and it being my first Porsche, he was very upfront in telling me that while I could put my name down on the waitlist for an MSRP allocation, the chances of me actually getting one at that price were basically next to non. He told me that if I were willing to pay 20k ADM he could guarantee me a car. A bit of a big promise considering at the time we weren't even sure if there would be a 2023 MY but low and behold he had an allocation for me in June. I ended up passing on it as I had secured one through Ben at an out of state dealership but I wanted to make sure I secured one rather than wait for local.

Point Is, if you are willing to pay some ADM I'd be willing to say you'll see an allocation sooner than later.
I'm in Canada where ADM isn't a thing as with the US. But the same charades are played: we are "encouraged" to have highly optioned cars. I'm even doing PTS to get the damn thing... Moreover, it seems 718 allocations in Canada have been extremely sparse since January 2022. I'm hoping the rumors are true and we're getting more this month and next. I doubt we'll see many in the Fall for MY23. Wouldn't even surprise me if 718 production wraps up by end of Dec '23.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:56 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

I'm in Canada where ADM isn't a thing as with the US. But the same charades are played: we are "encouraged" to have highly optioned cars. I'm even doing PTS to get the damn thing... Moreover, it seems 718 allocations in Canada have been extremely sparse since January 2022. I'm hoping the rumors are true and we're getting more this month and next. I doubt we'll see many in the Fall for MY23. Wouldn't even surprise me if 718 production wraps up by end of Dec '23.
Offer to buy pre paid maintenance and/ or extended warranty.

Might bump you up the ‘list’.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:37 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Ah dang that really sucks. I wonder if PTS isn't enough. And its weird to think that because it does add 12k to the build. But (and I could be wrong) I think PTS are its own allocations? Like I'm pretty sure the allocation I got for my GT4 I can't just all of a sudden say I wanna switch my color to PTS.

That being said I wonder what is considered a highly optioned car? My build for example takes it from the 106k MSRP (US) and its currently sitting right now at around 125k. I wonder if that would be enough. To be honest I have A LOT checked. Got the PDK and LWBS as well as a premium color (Python Green) and leather interior.

That being said I have heard that Canada hasn't gotten any 2023 MY allocations at all. So I wonder if that's the main holdup. Sucks that you've been on the list for a year.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:09 PM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

I'm also patiently waiting for more Canada allocations. I'm supposedly next on the GT4 list so lets see. Not getting my hopes up. Located in the GTA.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:04 PM
JBM718GTS
Instructor

Received 299 Likes on 104 Posts

Ah dang that really sucks. I wonder if PTS isn't enough. And its weird to think that because it does add 12k to the build. But (and I could be wrong) I think PTS are its own allocations? Like I'm pretty sure the allocation I got for my GT4 I can't just all of a sudden say I wanna switch my color to PTS.

That being said I have heard that Canada hasn't gotten any 2023 MY allocations at all. So I wonder if that's the main holdup. Sucks that you've been on the list for a year.
I've got a MY23 GT4 allocation, which was granted in April 2022, and I am in Canada! They do exist, just few and far between. Mine is the only one the dealer has for all of calendar year 2022 so far.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:53 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JBM718GTS
I've got a MY23 GT4 allocation, which was granted in April 2022, and I am in Canada! They do exist, just few and far between. Mine is the only one the dealer has for all of calendar year 2022 so far.
I got one too in late-June (CGTS, Halifax)
Old 07-14-2022, 11:02 AM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Just got word that Porsche Canada will not be receiving any more 911 or 718 allocations for the rest of the calendar year.

GG.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:16 AM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

Just got word that Porsche Canada will not be receiving any more 911 or 718 allocations for the rest of the calendar year.

GG.
I hope that's not true. That means my dealer got no 2023 allocations at all. That can't be right...?

Where did you hear this?
Old 07-14-2022, 11:29 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 99 Posts

Massive parts shortage is what I’ve heard.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:58 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

GG.
That does't surprise me. A dealer I spoke with said the same thing about a month ago. Tough times to be trying to buy a new Porsche in this country, and this will keep the used market values at ridiculous levels.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:08 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
I hope that's not true. That means my dealer got no 2023 allocations at all. That can't be right...?

Where did you hear this?
From my sales rep, and another dealership's GM as well.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker