Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2022 | 08:01 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I think I just got an allocation. Supposedly finalizing it this Thursday.

I remember some people saying there's a specific code I should get that verifies that it is truly an allocation and not just me being put on the waitlist. Was is a V200? Or something like that that? Can someone confirm?

You will get a V200 code and a delivery date with your name on it. Until then it is just a demand for an allocation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucent:
Daniels34 (06-19-2022), F1-DNA (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:03 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

If there are lots of people who have been waiting years for an MSRP allocation, what will happen next year when they find out they won't be getting an allocation at all? Will ADMs on 718 GT(S)'s spike to insanity levels when FOMO kicks in?
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:09 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Local GM said no allocations expected for this week, maybe next. Chicagoland.
My impression is that those allocations were distributed at the same time across the dealerships.
My SA said no allocations this week either except they got a couple RS in. He was told later this month. Not the same state as you. So don’t fret boys if you didn’t get a call from your SA
unclemat
Pro

Originally Posted by Lucent

You will get a V200 code and a delivery date with your name on it. Until then it is just a demand for an allocation.
There is also evidently V210 which is like "soft freeze". I am at V210, and TYD shows "freeze date reached", but it ain't V250 yet.
Lucent
Instructor

Originally Posted by SmallCapTrader
If there are lots of people who have been waiting years for an MSRP allocation, what will happen next year when they find out they won't be getting an allocation at all? Will ADMs on 718 GT(S)'s spike to insanity levels when FOMO kicks in?
Aftermarket sales will be very interesting as we get closer to the end of NA production for sure. If you were able to get in at MSRP, or even a reasonable ADM you are likely looking at excellent value increase over the next few years. But who knows, maybe the oil tap will be reopened and it is all moot.
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:12 PM
nd01
Track Day

Originally Posted by eshney
I am sure the ADM at my dealer is less than that for a GTS. You can me PM me and I can ask my SA.

I am also in Texas. Where are you located in TX?
Thanks, I don't actually think I can send a PM, but that's ok. I'm near Austin. I've talked to a dealer in Houston and Dallas as well. Houston was willing to put me on the list, but I would be number 20. And the Dallas dealer only services the Dallas metro area.
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:13 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Awesome thank you for this. I'll be sure to make sure I ask for a code. It looks like what I'm looking for is a V200, or at the very minimum a V100. If I get a V170, it seems like that's basically just waitlist.

My broker told me that it should be an August freeze date with an October delivery date. If they know (or estimate) that much already, chances are I'll be getting a V200? Here's hoping! Will update Thursday .
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:25 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Awesome thank you for this. I'll be sure to make sure I ask for a code. It looks like what I'm looking for is a V200, or at the very minimum a V100. If I get a V170, it seems like that's basically just waitlist.

My broker told me that it should be an August freeze date with an October delivery date. If they know (or estimate) that much already, chances are I'll be getting a V200? Here's hoping! Will update Thursday .
Unless you have your name on a valid V200 order you have nothing but hot air to get your deposit. Once you are at V200 they can, and should give you a printout from their tracking system showing the official schedule. Others can jump in with better detail, but I think V250 (Config Lock) typically shows up ~30 days after the V200 date unless you fell into an existing allocation that forces you to lock sooner. If they are telling you an August V250 I would think they are anticipating the release of an allocation. There are no guarantees when that will happen. Did you pay ADM? That would likely speed you up.
The following users liked this post:
Daniels34 (06-19-2022)
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:32 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Unless you have your name on a valid V200 order you have nothing but hot air to get your deposit. Once you are at V200 they can, and should give you a printout from their tracking system showing the official schedule. Others can jump in with better detail, but I think V250 (Config Lock) typically shows up ~30 days after the V200 date unless you fell into an existing allocation that forces you to lock sooner. If they are telling you an August V250 I would think they are anticipating the release of an allocation. There are no guarantees when that will happen. Did you pay ADM? That would likely speed you up.
Interesting, so you believe that with the August lock date so far out, that this is still just waitlist? I was assured by my broker that this wasn't the case and that he only gives allocations that are allocations and not just me being put on the waitlist for one. I mean we'll see come Thursday
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:37 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Interesting, so you believe that with the August lock date so far out, that this is still just waitlist? I was assured by my broker that this wasn't the case and that he only gives allocations that are allocations and not just me being put on the waitlist for one. I mean we'll see come Thursday
Until you see a V200 with your name on it, a commission number, and a schedule I would be skeptical. You might get a V70 in your name, but that is just a demand for an allocation. The dealers can, and will play games as they get allocations by giving them to the highest paying customers. I really think the practice of saying, "Oh, you are 2nd on the list" is bunk. They are not bound to follow a set list.

Edit to say: A could be totally wrong, and these are just my opinions based on watching the process for almost a year while waiting for my GTS order. YMMV and I truly hope it does.

Last edited by Lucent; 05-02-2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:40 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Until you see a V200 with your name on it, a commission number, and a schedule I would be skeptical. You might get a V70 in your name, but that is just a demand for an allocation. The dealers can, and will play games as they get allocations by giving them to the highest paying customers. I really think the practice of saying, "Oh, you are 2nd on the list" is bunk. They are not bound to follow a set list.
Oh yeah I def agree there. That's why I'm going to make sure this is an actual allocation and not a waitlist. If they don't give me at least a V100 code then I'll withdraw
Lucent (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:42 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Oh yeah I def agree there. That's why I'm going to make sure this is an actual allocation and not a waitlist. If they don't give me at least a V100 code then I'll withdraw
Backing out is always an option. But these cars are so cool!!! You sure you want to do that. When I finally saw my GTS pictures at completion it made the whole ordeal worthwhile. In three weeks I will be driving it. :-)
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:48 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Backing out is always an option. But these cars are so cool!!! You sure you want to do that. When I finally saw my GTS pictures at completion it made the whole ordeal worthwhile. In three weeks I will be driving it. :-)
I am because I already have a deposit in a few other dealerships who claim I'm next in line (whatever that means) so backing out of this dealership isn't a big deal
Lucent (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:51 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don’t know what a V100 code is.

As others have stated V200 is an actual allocation.

V070 is meaningless.

When I put down a deposit I walked out with a Porsche Retail Build sheet with V200 Delivery date determined on it
Xxyion (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022 | 08:56 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I don’t know what a V100 code is.

As others have stated V200 is an actual allocation.

V070 is meaningless.

When I put down a deposit I walked out with a Porsche Retail Build sheet with V200 Delivery date determined on it
Ah I was just after the chart that someone else linked. States that a V100 means the order is put in and can still be changed. But I guess if I get anything less than a V200 then I'm walking.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker