Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 05:36 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by CathalMacIarnain
Good for you! What did you actually receive in April? My thoughts are if you now have V200, then back in April you would have just been a deposit/and or order which most dealers take with zero guarantee of anything. If you received V200 yesterday, then really this is a May allocation and possibly news that dealers in Canada got word? Which is odd because no one I have spoken to in Canada has given any out. Assume this has to be Pfaff then.
I guess maybe the key is what build code they actually got when they put their money down?

Also maybe how much money was put down? Because there's a big different between the 1000$ waitlist deposit vs the 10% of the cars value deposit. I would think if a dealership is taking 10% of the value of the car, then they know for a fact they are getting an allocation and have guaranteed it to you.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:57 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 916 Likes on 366 Posts

Dealers have been starting with V170 allocations at times since March rather than starting at V200 now. Both are guaranteed spots but it's something they're doing differently while they sequence all these production slots. V170 is a build slot, V200 is a build slot with a production date. Both are guaranteed allocations and V170 will go into V200 at some point.

Good for you! What did you actually receive in April? My thoughts are if you now have V200, then back in April you would have just been a deposit/and or order which most dealers take with zero guarantee of anything. If you received V200 yesterday, then really this is a May allocation and possibly news that dealers in Canada got word? Which is odd because no one I have spoken to in Canada has given any out. Assume this has to be Pfaff then.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:55 PM
wam22
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Is your dealer selling out of region? My dealer (one of the few Premier dealers in the country) said they are not allowed to sell out of the region right now. Maybe that doesn't apply to non-Premier dealers.
There isn't a rule from Porsche saying they can't sell out of their region, but they risk their status of being a premier dealer if they sell too many outside of their region. As far as being a premier dealer, it is better to sell in your region at less of a markup than shipping it at a huge ADM.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:57 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 916 Likes on 366 Posts

Gotcha. They don’t do ADM for new sales there only straight MSRP so guess they’re trying to keep customers local and loyal. Makes sense.

Originally Posted by wam22
There isn't a rule from Porsche saying they can't sell out of their region, but they risk their status of being a premier dealer if they sell too many outside of their region. As far as being a premier dealer, it is better to sell in your region at less of a markup than shipping it at a huge ADM.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:01 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Gotcha. They don’t do ADM for new sales there only straight MSRP so guess they’re trying to keep customers local and loyal. Makes sense.
I wish California had dealers like that. So many rich people here they know they can ask ADM and people will pay it, local or not.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:38 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 57 Posts

Porsche of Ocala is a Premier Dealer and they want an ADM for a GTS. I've read on these forums that a Premier Dealer can't charge an ADM on new cars, but they do.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:42 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallCapTrader
Porsche of Ocala is a Premier Dealer and they want an ADM for a GTS. I've read on these forums that a Premier Dealer can't charge an ADM on new cars, but they do.
Just out of curiosity, what ADM are they asking on a GTS?

I had been talking to a dealer in the New England area for the last few months on a GT4/Spyder allocation. In January 2022, they had a Spyder allocation available at 20k ADM. They got another Spyder allocation last week but are now looking for a 50k ADM!
Old 05-04-2022, 09:00 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

I don’t think there are any rules. Pretty sure they could say Sex witn your wife if they wanted and Porsche wouldn’t care.
The following 4 users liked this post by Rasputin.:
rusmani (05-04-2022), SmallCapTrader (05-04-2022), wam22 (05-04-2022), welikethetrack (05-05-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:06 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Just out of curiosity, what ADM are they asking on a GTS?

I had been talking to a dealer in the New England area for the last few months on a GT4/Spyder allocation. In January 2022, they had a Spyder allocation available at 20k ADM. They got another Spyder allocation last week but are now looking for a 50k ADM!
I believe it was $10K for a BGTS. $50K ADM for a Spyder is absolutely bonkers imho
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:09 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

I believe it was $10K for a BGTS. $50K ADM for a Spyder is absolutely bonkers imho
$10k isn't terrible on a BGTS.

I truly hope no one pays a $50k ADM on a Spyder, but with the way the market is (and in New England, where there's plenty of money floating around), I suspect they'll get that number or something close to it.
josephr25 (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:42 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

“Premier Dealer” is an PCNA annual award to 25 US dealers…don’t think it has anything to do with ADM.

US website states right on the bottom Dealer set pricing.
wam22 (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 10:19 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Default No love so far

I haven't posted much, mostly questions, but thought I'd share an update to go along with all the other recent scenarios. All I can see is no overall pattern anyone can learn from.
I've been waiting for an allocation for a dealer that sells for MSRP since August 2021. Not the longest wait from what I've read here, but with the boat sinking and now the parts issues from the Ukraine war, I started looking at alternatives in the event I don't get an allocation at all.
Tomorrow, the PPI on the 2019 GTS will complete and I'll travel to see the car, and unless there's a real surprise, buy it. About 3200 miles.
Before I committed (still can walk but loan, deposit, etc in place) I called my SA; told him last thing I wanted to do was miss an allocation because I didn't check.
In Jan he told me "don't get one short term, I'll get you an allocation for this year. May not be beginning of summer but won't be end of year". If he's truthful, they've had none since August. When I spoke to him today, he didn't talk against me getting an interim car, but ... I think he wanted me to have him help me find it.
I asked him if what he told me early April that he'd get more news on 2023 builds late June/early July.
His respose p"araphrased: with boat sinking and now especially the war, things are the worst they've been since before the engine recall. VW is iffy on parts, Porsche is building 6 month and 1 year contingency plans." No details on this; expect it's mostly overall sales goals.
I'm staying in line for the GT4 (no longer considering a GTS4.0 since with a mild tune the 2019 GTS will be faster and too close to bother upgrading, and I happened upon a very nice spec. But I'm nearing retirement, in bucket list mode, so time to replace my 2006 M3 with a bit faster track and weekend machine versus risk nada.
I will say my SA tried to steer me away from this GTS. I started another thread in the general forum on any issues with a Canadian car (originally) now in the US from a warranty standpoint. He said officially it's Porsche NA not US and Canada as companies, but most dealers would balk, AND said he wouldn't be able to retail the car as too many folks don't like it.
However, I called the Porsche dealer near the selling/generic dealer I'm buying from to ask about this and schedule a PPI; service mgr said "warranty is fine, valid here, no flags, does have a vent recall we can fix for you"
Upshot: don't know how trustworthy the SA is. But this is what he conveyed. I do expect parts are a looming issue this year.
Even if true, hoping any of y'all who are close get your committed vcode soon!

ADS
Old 05-05-2022, 12:59 PM
CathalMacIarnain
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I confirmed an additional Canadian dealer has received their Spyder allocations this week, and mentioned Spyder production will be done after these allocations are filled. That is another dealership confirming the Spyder is done this year. I have not heard the same for the GT4 from any of them.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

I confirmed an additional Canadian dealer has received their Spyder allocations this week, and mentioned Spyder production will be done after these allocations are filled. That is another dealership confirming the Spyder is done this year. I have not heard the same for the GT4 from any of them.
All weak information, no name or locations or quantities... Spyder done but not the GT4... sure, OK
Old 05-05-2022, 01:22 PM
CathalMacIarnain
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
All weak information, no name or locations or quantities... Spyder done but not the GT4... sure, OK
Why would I take the time and post here if not to help out others? What do you think my purpose would be by slinging a story? Like I am trying to throw you off the scent or something LOL? Very curious to hear your answer.

In any event, for the non- doubters and conspiracy theorists out there, my posts are what I heard from the dealer GMs I spoke with. I assume most other Canadian dealers would be getting word this week if not today then re: allocations, as cannot imagine Porsche Canada staggers out notifications.

Last edited by CathalMacIarnain; 05-05-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker