Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2024, 05:11 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by bobcooper
My worse case end date moved up a couple months ago. Car is now at the dock waiting to leave. Est arrival is 10/13-12/24. It did go out to mid February

im shooting for thanksgiving
It should follow the early dates usually but some folks do get stuck in Emden or at their Port of Entry. Getting stuck is not the norm though.
Old 09-26-2024, 09:22 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

So it finally docked in Davisville this morning but after only like 7-8 hours it’s already on its way to Jacksonville, FL (9/29 arrival). I wonder if they’ll just unload my car and the rest of the load there to mitigate the risk of being stuck at Freeport, TX.

Last edited by Purekoryo; Yesterday at 02:00 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM
JGeorge
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OKCabriolet. Odd - I got an allocation early July, September 2 start production, September 13 finished, September 17 arrived at Emden. The car left the port of Emden today (I believe on the Marvelous Ace) scheduled for arrival October 5-9 Halifax or Davisville. It was built at the Volkswagen Osnabruck factory, not at Zuffenhausen. Cayman S by the way.

Last edited by JGeorge; Yesterday at 12:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JGeorge
OKCabriolet. Odd - I got an allocation early July, September 2 start production, September 13 finished, September 17 arrived at Emden. The car left the port of Emden today (I believe on the Marvelous Ace) scheduled for arrival October 5-9 Halifax or Davisville. It was built at the Volkswagen Osnabruck factory, not at Zuffenhausen. Cayman S by the way.
Wow! awesome for you. Nothing special about my build so I don't know why my dates are so spread out. I don't even have any special Manufaktur items selected on my build. Maybe it is something do do with my selection of Vanadium Grey paint?
The whole process has been long and is very different to me, first Porsche and all. I'm just glad I'm able to get one and that it is in work. With Winter coming on, if it actually arrives in Feb or March of next year, I'm good with that.

Just realized October rolls around next week, you should see your car in the next couple of weeks or so. Congrats!
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
Kram71
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

My car is on its way.

Last edited by Kram71; Yesterday at 06:03 PM. Reason: My car may be delivered soon :)
The following users liked this post:
breny4104 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
JGeorge
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OKC - so far things have been as per app predictions. Even though it is on the ship - I am not holding my breath that it could be stuck in port upon arrival for a few weeks or more before dealer delivery.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 137 Posts

I'd NOT pay off my car before it gets there. At least in my case, since I'm paying cash. If you're financing it, then it's less risky, but I still wouldn't do it. It's just not right. You can help them in other ways, like with service and parts, but I actually won't sign anything until I also test-drive the car, to make sure nothing is (seriously) wrong. That has happened to me TWICE already, and I don't want to start ownership with big repairs. But that's just me. You'd also be losing those days of warranty, since the in-service date is when you sign the papers.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

JGeorge,

Hopefully not, it's so close. But I understand that the pending strike may delay things.
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM
Kram71
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Kram71; Yesterday at 06:02 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
bobcooper
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Car is on the boat and in transit….everything went quick once build started
The following 2 users liked this post by bobcooper:
breny4104 (Yesterday), Kram71 (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.