Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The DB9s are nice. There's quite a few on TMand I can see imports gravitating below 100k over time. A lot of at for the money. I have a hankering for a Vantage V12 perhaps one day when they have depreciated.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:36 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I heard the ANZ will no longer allow you to use existing equity to fund new rental properties...??

I might have to give the bank a call to test this rumor? If this is correct and people can't use their new found paper wealth to fund the next property, this will slow things down.

In saying this, I understand 45% of all houses don't have mortgages and apparently a large chunck of the new rental purchases are the same too? I guess this underwrites property not really falling in value during down turns as
most people are unencumbered or owe burger all?

If you can't use equity to fund property deals, I wonder how all theses houses that need building will get funded??
I'm not aware of that. I sit on the same floor as the Retail Credit team who set the rules. I'll check tomorrow.

As you know I'm not a great fan of excessive leverage. I was caught out in the '87 crash and I watched my boss lose $1m in a week with the tech crash at the turn of the century.

My slice of the pie was gained through hard graft in countries most wouldn't spend a week in let alone years. I value it as such and won't bet the pot on a circle of people passing around properties. The minute the music stops the values will gap down. Buyers don't gradually reduce bids when they smell blood. Quality well situated property will retain bids. Rubbish builds in south sides of gullies won't. I suspect that is why the Banks are pulling their horns in. Sorry for cliches ridden post it saves thinking of other ways to put it.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
I'm not aware of that. I sit on the same floor as the Retail Credit team who set the rules. I'll check tomorrow. As you know I'm not a great fan of excessive leverage. I was caught out in the '87 crash and I watched my boss lose $1m in a week with the tech crash at the turn of the century. My slice of the pie was gained through hard graft in countries most wouldn't spend a week in let alone years. I value it as such and won't bet the pot on a circle of people passing around properties. The minute the music stops the values will gap down. Buyers don't gradually reduce bids when they smell blood. Quality well situated property will retain bids. Rubbish builds in south sides of gullies won't. I suspect that is why the Banks are pulling their horns in. Sorry for cliches ridden post it saves thinking of other ways to put it.
People have short memories. That's why we have cycles. It can also come from external events like a liquidity Crisis for the Chinese etc. the world is a much more volatile place than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Over time, in the major markets interest rates can only rise. In the meantime they may stay lower till longer or oil and inflation kick up. I suspect there will be an over correction in smaller markets like NZ where we over do it then need to retrace quickly....
Old 07-23-2016, 10:07 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
John. I don't think you will need to advertise the 964 for sale. I imagine a deal will be lined up long before it comes to that.
I hope so. The rest of the seat recover set arrives next week, which is the last of the parts order bar the inevitable small items that will crop up. That means I can concentrate on getting the interior finished. Then it's a week for the B6 and I can start the test drives while I iron out every item that isn't perfect. Maybe a few months of driving then it can go to a new home. Personally I like the idea of an enthusiast who appreciates the condition and work done to buy it but you never know. I understand the mileage will put some people off, but assuming it continues to drive well then it's just a known factor not a bargaining chip.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:05 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Is anyone needing some Castrol React SFR? The stuff is getting hard to find with supplies in NZ seeming to dry up....

I found a SI based supplier who can do a trade price $99 plus GST delivered but needs order minimum 6 bottles. I use 1 per car per year so could take 2-3 but need a co conspirator?
Yep I'll take one. Got another coming from CM.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:42 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Paul, I just asked the question. ANZ is still allowing equity as a contribution although that may not have always been the case in the last few months.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Yep I'll take one. Got another coming from CM.
Hi mate. Thanks. Unfortunately we are still 3 bottles short of their minimum and I'm pretty helpless to manage multi unit logistics from offshore. I think at this stage we may have to give it a pass. It's a PITA that's it's becoming harder to source and more expensive. Retail is over $150 I believe....
Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Completely off topic, but anyone brave enough to have a stab at what the markets will do when Trump gets in?
Old 07-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

It's hard to know whether they will laugh or cry!
Old 07-26-2016, 07:54 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Completely off topic, but anyone brave enough to have a stab at what the markets will do when Trump gets in?
it will get increasingly volatile in the lead up before the actual election.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:34 AM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings from Germany (family holiday), found this interesting article online:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/car...g-drivers.html
Old 07-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shiraz
Greetings from Germany (family holiday), found this interesting article online: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/car...g-drivers.html
Very interesting! Hope the family trip is going well Dave...
Old 07-27-2016, 09:12 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Greetings from Germany (family holiday), found this interesting article online:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/car...g-drivers.html
I have followed Rob for a bit. Sound really interesting. Haydon Paddon went to him last year before a tarmac rally. Be worth the price whatever that might be for a day with him I reckon.
check this out
Old 07-27-2016, 11:00 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apparently there is a NZ new, midnight blue 964 Turbo 3.6 about to come up for sale at $500K+. Unbelievable to think sellers couldn't get a bite at $120k around 4 years ago.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 964X33
Apparently there is a NZ new, midnight blue 964 Turbo 3.6 about to come up for sale at $500K+. Unbelievable to think sellers couldn't get a bite at $120k around 4 years ago.
I'm asking 750k for my NZ new midnight blue 993...;-)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?