Sponsored by:

Delivery delays

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 01:50 PM
foxj0001
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Delivery delays

Ordered my TTS Nov 2021. Build completed early Jul 2022. Sat at Emden Port until mid Aug. Arrived Benicia CA port 2 Sep. Sitting there at PCNA Port Facility since then.
Sales guy keeps me informed, checks status frequently, no insight provided to him other than “Port handling - Quality action”.
I know that all Taycans are getting the big firmware upgrade (not just new ones) and there was a huge bolus of new cars on the same boat as mine (70 new vehicles for my dealer alone; another 30-40 cars for them arrived 2 weeks ago).
I have read elsewhere on RL that these is some issue with a batch of 12V batteries though info seems vague. Is there some other build aspect that has PCNA sitting on these cars, or is it simply a matter of inadequate resources to process so many cars in one big load?
Having waited almost >10mo to get the car already, another week or so seemed ok at first but this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. First world problem, of course! Must keep in perspective…
Old 10-05-2022, 04:56 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 65 Posts

I feel your pain. Mine has been sitting at the factory for the past 4 weeks now, completed but it does'nt move.
The following users liked this post:
quinn_nature (11-19-2023)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:51 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 111 Posts
Default 12volt

My dealer had my car for a couple of weeks because the 12 volt did not meet specs. Had to get one from Germany on ship as they are not allowed on airplanes. Car to me was fine but they would not release it till new battery.
Old 10-06-2022, 03:42 PM
jkoya
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Taycan CT sat at the Port of Benicia for 2 months before finally being released at the end of May. Dealer didn't know what the delay was and I contacted Porsche Cars North America and they told me to contact the service department of the dealer ! There were many rumors of what the delay was, but never did find out the true reason. Dealer and PCNA were no help. The only one who may know the real reason for the delay is the Volkswagen-Amports facility at Benicia.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:49 PM
foxj0001
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 26 Posts

Which seems to be a more secure communications portal than anything the US Federal Govt operates!
Old 10-09-2022, 05:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

My Taycan GTS got pushed back another 2 weeks from late Nov to mid Dec PEC LA delivery. I hope this is the last delay.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:35 PM
CTB
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

usctrojan, same here. Delivery date pushed from 11/04 to now 11/25 through my dealer in NJ. This is my second vehicle to sit at the port in Emden for three months between manufacturing complete and getting on a vessel. Just frustrating.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:29 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

GTS ST was supposed to be built in August, with a lock in July. Been consistently pushed back with nothing looking promising... I'm about ready to give up! My wife's RS5 sportback seems better every day, and I don't need to worry about range!
Old 10-10-2022, 04:59 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by CTB
usctrojan, same here. Delivery date pushed from 11/04 to now 11/25 through my dealer in NJ. This is my second vehicle to sit at the port in Emden for three months between manufacturing complete and getting on a vessel. Just frustrating.
Mine has been en route to Emden since 8/31 and now is supposed to be on a ship on Nov 4th.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:17 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

The big question is: Why?

-Some says 12V batteries needs to be replaced (?) creating shipping delays
-Some says that the port if full (and a huge mess) so Porsche dont moves cars until boat is ready to receive (no port staging)

When I sold my daily driver a few weeks ago, I kinda gambled I was gonna receive my Taycan before winter (mid-November).
I'm currently bridging the gap with summer car&motorcycles. I think I messed up!!
Old 10-10-2022, 12:01 PM
j.w.s
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Production of my GTS is slated to begin on 28 October and complete 4 November of this year. Then its says it will both arrive Emden and be "on vessel" (whatever that means) on the same day (11 November) and will arrive Benicia, CA USA on 9 December.

Of course given all of the not-very-german-sounding schedule troubles others are reporting, I wonder which of the steps above are real and which are nonsense, or will magic happen and both the shipping delays and battery shortage be sorted out by the end of this month.

Last edited by j.w.s; 10-10-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:06 PM
whan
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Popping in here from the Taycanforum, but there are multiple discussions on that about the 12V battery and other delays. Mainly delays are due to a lack of supply of 12V auxilary batteries. My car was one of the last 2022s starting production 7/19 and finishing after the factory shutdown on 8/18. It finally appeared to make it to Emden today, even though there were 2 west coast bound boats that were available between my car finishing production and today
Old 10-10-2022, 02:28 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whan
Popping in here from the Taycanforum, but there are multiple discussions on that about the 12V battery and other delays. Mainly delays are due to a lack of supply of 12V auxilary batteries. My car was one of the last 2022s starting production 7/19 and finishing after the factory shutdown on 8/18. It finally appeared to make it to Emden today, even though there were 2 west coast bound boats that were available between my car finishing production and today
Thanks for sharing this
Old 10-10-2022, 07:59 PM
spicyypenguin
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxj0001
Ordered my TTS Nov 2021. Build completed early Jul 2022. Sat at Emden Port until mid Aug. Arrived Benicia CA port 2 Sep. Sitting there at PCNA Port Facility since then.
Sales guy keeps me informed, checks status frequently, no insight provided to him other than “Port handling - Quality action”.
I know that all Taycans are getting the big firmware upgrade (not just new ones) and there was a huge bolus of new cars on the same boat as mine (70 new vehicles for my dealer alone; another 30-40 cars for them arrived 2 weeks ago).
I have read elsewhere on RL that these is some issue with a batch of 12V batteries though info seems vague. Is there some other build aspect that has PCNA sitting on these cars, or is it simply a matter of inadequate resources to process so many cars in one big load?
Having waited almost >10mo to get the car already, another week or so seemed ok at first but this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. First world problem, of course! Must keep in perspective…
Almost exactly the same situation as yours.

I ordered a Taycan GTS back in November 2021, built in July 2022, sat at Emden until early August - arrived at Benicia on 09/02 and has been there ever since.

My dealer initially thought it was being held due to the 12V battery issue, he then updated me 2 weeks ago saying that it did indeed finally receive the battery and was undergoing "Quality Action" (receiving software updates). He seemed a bit confused about the whole situation though and said that Porsche usually keeps vehicles missing batteries in Emden. My car wasn't being held due to the Burmeister amp shortage either, so he didn't really have any more insight into further reasons behind the delay.

TYD says it's expected to arrive at the dealer (in WA) this Friday, the SA also says there's no other additional information on his end but he's seeing an ETA of this Friday as well. I'm a bit skeptical of that date but will post here if I get any additional updates.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:33 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

OP:
So let me get this right. You ordered 11/21 for a MY2022 and as of 10/5/22 still without your car. I certainly hope someone is going to make this right. I hope you are leasing because thats one hell of a depreciation hit for a car you couldn't drive.
I remember how upset I was when my car sat in RI for two weeks after it landed. At the time it was a shortage of TPMS. What you are going through is simply nuts.

Quick Reply: Delivery delays