Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder value

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cetro
$68k is there bottom price. What you guys think?
If this is the Basalt Black car, that I think you are looking at (about 45 min north of us), then I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on it. With all those options, I'm guessing the MSRP at about $80k new. Add CPO, and that car won't last long at that price.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 AM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Medtech, most likely we are talking about the same car. Have you seen the car or know the history of it?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

MSRP on the Basalt was fairly high as medtech noted, my guess is about $75K. Personally I wouldn't put too much value into the PCM or the timer on the dash but the rest is very nice.

Basalt is a fairly rare color on the Spyder as well, nearly as uncommon as the blue. It gives the car a very upscale look IMHO and truly highlights the cars lines, especially outdoors. Here's another shot which I have posted numerous times already but it really captures the color and Spyder curves.
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

$68 with cpo is effectively getting the car for $66, so it's not as bad but still a little on the high side. If it has the options and color you want I would paying a little extra as I don't think there are that many cars with buckets/6mt/pse/shifter/nav combination.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:00 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tapeworm
I just picked up my Spyder two weeks ago, it was a 2012 with 6,600 miles and I paid just under $62,500 - but added $2,000 to get it CPO'ed. It has the 'bad seats', but these were exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want to own a car I will never drive with the roof on that didn't have heated seats. I also have kids, who I want to be able to occasionally put in a car seat. I think the sport bucket seats are a bargain and was tempted to buy a car with them just to resell the seats, but in the end, having proper heated seats and keeping it stock was important. The only option I would not go with was the PDK, it's extra weight you can't ever remove and I wanted the driver involvement.

Now as soon as I put a Lithium battery in the front, I will make up for the extra weight of the comfy, heated seats....
Tapeworm, what options did your car come with?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Tapeworm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the car, still listed on their site!

http://www.jaguarlandroverchattanoog...CB2A87CS745120

I was looking for 1) manual 2) Sports (heated) seats 3) PSE 4) AC 5) PCM. AC and PCM I maybe could have lived without, but honestly, it's not that much extra weight and I wanted handsfree phone / USB music, maps etc...

Putting any sort of child booster in the sport bucket seats is completly wrong, it's listed at least 10+ times in the manual *not* to do this, and your insurance company would likely not cover this, so you coul get in big trouble if anything happened... This is just something I didn't want to live with. Even if one day, I buy a couple of GT3 buckets @$5000, the price of the car was still a good buy for me.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Tapeworm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, it's not clear what the options are from their regular site, here is the exact list:

• 640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
• 342 - Heated Seats (Front)
• 376 - Manual Sport Seat (right)
• 375 - Manual Sport Seat (left)
• P77 - Sport Seats in Leather
• 672 - PCM with Navigation Module
• 665 - PCM 3
• P23 - PCM with Navigation Module
• 268 - Rain Sensor
• 267 - Automatically Dimming Interior
• HNL - Fabric Door Opening Loop
• 501 - Full Body Cover
• XDA - Wheels Painted Black
• XLF - Sport Exhaust System
• 490 - Sound Package Plus
• 870 - Universal Audio Interface
• 810 - Floor Mats
• 619 - Bluetooth(R)
• 573 - Automatic Climate Control
• ROOF - Manual Two Panel Roof
• P12 - Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor

There is no real difference between 11's and 12's, except I don't have a spoiler button. I figure in a few years it's worth extra to have one model year newer and I saw plenty of 11's priced higher.

Andy
Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Here is the car, still listed on their site!

http://www.jaguarlandroverchattanoog...CB2A87CS745120

I was looking for 1) manual 2) Sports (heated) seats 3) PSE 4) AC 5) PCM. AC and PCM I maybe could have lived without, but honestly, it's not that much extra weight and I wanted handsfree phone / USB music, maps etc...

Putting any sort of child booster in the sport bucket seats is completly wrong, it's listed at least 10+ times in the manual *not* to do this, and your insurance company would likely not cover this, so you coul get in big trouble if anything happened... This is just something I didn't want to live with. Even if one day, I buy a couple of GT3 buckets @$5000, the price of the car was still a good buy for me.
Why do you say that? When my kids are sitting in the seat the Passenger Airbags automatically shuts off just like it would on the regular sport seats. I would also argue that the additional bolsters in the seats help keep the kids in place. What the manual says is that a baby seat should not be placed in the sport bucket and I would very much agree with this. There's no way to latch the baby seat and more importantly the combination of the baby seat and a small child may be enough to keep the airbag on.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Why do you say that? When my kids are sitting in the seat the Passenger Airbags automatically shuts off just like it would on the regular sport seats. I would also argue that the additional bolsters in the seats help keep the kids in place. What the manual says is that a baby seat should not be placed in the sport bucket and I would very much agree with this. There's no way to latch the baby seat and more importantly the combination of the baby seat and a small child may be enough to keep the airbag on.

High five to my boy Afshin!

1) If you like your sport heated seats, that's great. I just personally hate them with an absolute passion. I had them in my car from the factory and could not sleep at night when I realized what an idiot I was for getting a car that was optioned with those seats

2) Insurance company? What does using a child seat have to do with any insurance? 'improper seats' are not going to cause an accident. Big trouble? Because they won't cover _____? I'm going to sue myself?

3) If you're going to go by the Porsche manual, they tell you that you can only use their grossly overpriced Porsche branded child seats safely in their cars. This means you can get into trouble with your insurance police for not using Porsche branded child seats. I'm not hearing anyone crying foul for not using Porsche branded child seats.

4) The manual states that the sport buckets cannot be used with a latch system because there are no latches. Booster seats do not use the latches. You'll learn this when your kids get a little older.

5) Did you pay the money to have the latch system fitted onto your sport heated seats? Did you pay the money to install the key switch into the door jam to turn off the airbag? The Porsche lawyers want you to do this before your sport heated seats are Porsche lawyer approved for child seat use. The reality? There are seat occupany detectors that measure weight and will turn off the airbag when the occupant is less than 80 pounds. The latch system is nice, but is not needed to safely install a child seat. There are alternative ways (ie seatbelt) to secure a child seat, which is acceptable by the manufacturers of seats

Everyone loves to get excited when it comes to the 'children', but let's sit back, think, use some common sense, and not let the lawyers run our lives.

Again, if you like your seats, that's great. I would agree that a baby seat won't work in the buckets. If that's you're play, then take the ball and run with it. I'm just throwing out my interpretation, and people can decide what they want to do.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you see the Basalt Black one in the classifieds for $64k and certified until 2016. Nicely optioned.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Craig I did see that, but wanted more options.

I just found and purchased the silver 2012 with 1800 miles . Now the waiting begins
Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

I just found and purchased the silver 2012 with 1800 miles . Now the waiting begins

Congrats!!!!! You wont regret it.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I just found and purchased the silver 2012 with 1800 miles
We know 'it' well. Good buy...The Oregon Trail sometimes leads to a Sunset!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

did you get this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...item3f1e427603
Old 11-03-2012, 11:57 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
We know 'it' well. Good buy...The Oregon Trail sometimes leads to a Sunset!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
So... cryptic. You are like Gandalf, the gray of rennlist, Ed.

Quick Reply: Spyder value