Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Boxster S Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
Is the windshield on the Spyder on more of an angle then the standard Boxster?

Cayman nice color on the wheels...

I opted for the 19" Carrera II wheels on the car and I am planning on having them done in flat black
The Spyder's windshield is exactly the same as the Boxster and Boxster S. Only the side windows are lower profile to match the lines of the car and to fit the new lowerer profile roof.

Flat black wheels would look nice on your car! much better than the gloss ones.

The wait is starting to be more painful the closer I get. I have 29 days before estimated completion.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayman
The wait is starting to be more painful the closer I get. I have 29 days before estimated completion.
28 days now.

But who's counting, right?

Phil
Old 02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingArt
28 days now.

Phil
You getting a Spyder Phil? Nice, that's the way to do it!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
You getting a Spyder Phil? Nice, that's the way to do it!

Not me, - Cayman- is getting the Spyder. Remember?

His Spyder is being built in 28 days.

I've still got my '04 BoxS. I love that car. I'm gonna keep it. Working on modding it now. Did I mention I love it?

Actually, come to think of it, the Spyder coming out kind of helps a guy see Boxsters in a new light. (no pun intended) Makes me dig my Box even more. Hell, even the guys on the GT3 forum are loving the spyder!

I love Boxsters!

Phil

Last edited by RollingArt; 02-03-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Hey Phil

I just sold my '00 Boxster S. Could not justify having three cars in the garage/on the drive at present. Four if you include my wifes LR3. I too loved my Boxster, it was full of options, full leather etc, very special car. Two things I didn't like, being a 986 I had to run a BK bar for track events and second was the plastic rear window. OK so you don't have the latter, have you ever tracked it?

Also I got the Carrera so that I could ferry my young family around on the weekends and even to school on some days. Works as intended!

Plan is to get a Boxster in about three years, hopefully somebodies ex Spyder with full red leather!!
Yes I know I'll be back up to three cars but we should also be settled in a new larger home by then and justification will be easier.

I did have the privalage of driving both my Boxster and 911 back to back for a few months. I look forward to the day when I can again do that.

And you are correct, the Spyder is casting the Boxster in a very good light. Hell it's basically a GT3 roadster.

Bruce
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RollingArt
28 days now.

Phil
LOL... I have a countdown widget on my computer and iphone too!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

What about delivery countdown? so it's built how long before you get it...or butt in seat indicator
Old 02-06-2010, 06:15 AM
00r101
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on boat schedules. Figure 1 - 2 months. Mine was built in early April of '08 and delivered May 31.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

What about delivery countdown? so it's built how long before you get it...or butt in seat indicator
I would, but there are so many variables involved that will sway actual delivery time. Estimated completion is my only real date would could be off too. I like butt in seat indicator idea though
Old 02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

24!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cayman

Below are stages for the order and the associated code, note some time references that will allow for further projections to support the butt in seat indicator:

Order accepted (PCNA code: ACPORD) Your order has been accepted by PCNA.
Order amended. Some of you may see this in the status window. This code means that your order replaced an existing, stock order. This is done when possible, to speed the production of your Porsche. In other cases this reflects a change in the original order.

Manufacture date (PCNA code: MFGCNF) Your order has been assigned a production number by PCNA.

Planned production (PCNA code: PLPROD) Your order has been assigned for production by PAG. No additional changes to your order are possible at this stage.

Final production phase (PCNA code: PRDLST) This is the last checkpoint before your Porsche is considered completed.

Completed production (PCNA code: IMPINV) Your Porsche has completed production, has been invoiced and is ready for shipment.

Shipped from PAG (PCNA code: ONVESL) Your Porsche has been shipped from Germany, for arrival at port in about 20 days.

Arrived PDI (PCNA code: IMPPRT) Your Porsche has arrived at the Porsche PDI center (Pre Delivery Inspection).

Shipped from PDI (PCNA code: INVSHP) Your Porsche has been assigned to a transporter for delivery to your dealership in about 2 days.

Arrived at dealership (PCNA code: DLRARR) Your long wait is almost over. It will take us up to 48 hours to inspect, detail and arrange for you to pick up your new Porsche.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Cayman

Below are stages for the order and the associated code, note some time references that will allow for further projections to support the butt in seat indicator:

Order accepted (PCNA code: ACPORD) Your order has been accepted by PCNA.
Order amended. Some of you may see this in the status window. This code means that your order replaced an existing, stock order. This is done when possible, to speed the production of your Porsche. In other cases this reflects a change in the original order.

Manufacture date (PCNA code: MFGCNF) Your order has been assigned a production number by PCNA.

Planned production (PCNA code: PLPROD) Your order has been assigned for production by PAG. No additional changes to your order are possible at this stage.

Final production phase (PCNA code: PRDLST) This is the last checkpoint before your Porsche is considered completed.

Completed production (PCNA code: IMPINV) Your Porsche has completed production, has been invoiced and is ready for shipment.

Shipped from PAG (PCNA code: ONVESL) Your Porsche has been shipped from Germany, for arrival at port in about 20 days.

Arrived PDI (PCNA code: IMPPRT) Your Porsche has arrived at the Porsche PDI center (Pre Delivery Inspection).

Shipped from PDI (PCNA code: INVSHP) Your Porsche has been assigned to a transporter for delivery to your dealership in about 2 days.

Arrived at dealership (PCNA code: DLRARR) Your long wait is almost over. It will take us up to 48 hours to inspect, detail and arrange for you to pick up your new Porsche.
Thanks for the info...
I wish shipping took the 20 days you quoted... that would be true if I were on the east coast. Since I'm in Oregon I'll be adding a few days going through the Panama Canal. Also the ship departure is dependent on where I sit on filling the ship... Hopefully I'm at the end of the list with less wait. To be honest since this is a launch of a new model and there is a bunch of them being shipped along with other models, I think the wait getting on the ship will be minimal compared to a few months ago when allocations were non-existent. Once my Spyder gets to San Diego I have to wait for Port PDI and then hitch a ride up to Oregon. From Factory Completion, I have been told 6-8 weeks. So mid to late April
Old 02-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Is Paint to Sample available on the Boxster Spyder yet, and can you delete the side decals?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Paint to sample is not available for the initial model year...side decals can be removed at the dealership...I am having that done
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Riz
Is Paint to Sample available on the Boxster Spyder yet, and can you delete the side decals?
I've heard Paint to Sample will be available come August.

Quick Reply: Boxster S Spyder