Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987.2 Spyder FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 02:20 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

I think I got it, as far as NA production goes. If there were 891 total NA Spyders, 750 of them being 2011's, and mine was 43rd of the 2012's, then mine should be NA Car No. 793/891. In terms of color, I THINK it is NA Aqua Blue Car 27/27. Or, are there only 26 aqua blue cars now according to SCMike's observation of a double VIN posting for 2011 Aqua Blues?

Last edited by alemaniac; 10-11-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: punctuation. I'm OCD.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:19 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by alemaniac
I think I got it, as far as NA production goes. If there were 891 total NA Spyders, 750 of them being 2011's, and mine was 43rd of the 2012's, then mine should be NA Car No. 793/891. In terms, of color I THINK it is NA Aqua Blue Car 27/27. Or, are there only 26 aqua blue cars now according to SCMike's observation of a double VIN posting for 2011 Aqua Blues?
820 Total Spyders and 26 or 27 of them in ABM, very rare cars when you consider the size of our market.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:40 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Got it. I couldn't find the total NA number in this thread, so I referred back to the one that Eduardo started. I guess that total number is no longer accurate. Going out for a drive now ...
Old 10-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

numeric shifter&cable combo on sale now after RENNLIST code a tad over 1k
Old 10-12-2020, 02:32 PM
will007
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 30 Posts

For SC Mike -- Here is my Sales Sticker -- May 2011 was the sale date. I am the third own. Hope it helps you in your quest.

Last edited by will007; 10-12-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:45 PM
will007
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 30 Posts

Vinanlyics includes the destination charge -- it is the total price that is on the window sticker. Verified with my car.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:32 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by will007
For SC Mike -- Here is my Sales Sticker -- May 2011 was the sale date. I am the third own. Hope it helps you in your quest.
Thanks for the info - great specs on your car, esp. that natural leather red interior (I once special-ordered a now long-gone 981 Cayman with the same natural red interior - knock-out!). Your car is an interesting example of the "transitional" pricing on the early Spyders. You have: the original cheaper base price ($61,200 vs. $61,800), the more expensive heated seats price (raised from $510 to $525), and the more expensive sport exhaust price (raised from $2500 to $2810). The sport chrono package prices vary for PDK/manual, no-PCM/PCM with navi, and for sport chrono plus combinations, and more gets expensive for later Spyders - yours does seem to have the lowest price for sport chrono at $960. And of course there is that very handsome price for the very handsome interior! With all these variables (some of which are time dependent), I am starting to despair about ever being able to reproduce the fine details in my missing window sticker. My only hope is to find someone with a window sticker from a Spyder with roughly the same production month as mine, with roughly the same main option combinations. AAArghhhhh.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:47 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by will007
Vinanlyics includes the destination charge -- it is the total price that is on the window sticker. Verified with my car.
You are 99.99% correct! In all my recent hair pulling excursions into the archives, I did find one vinanalytics MSRP that clearly did not include the destination charge (by comparison with the preserved window sticker for that car), plus another vinanalytics MSRP that was not even remotely close to that on the window sticker (but that car had a couple of identical window stickers with a couple of different dealer IDs, with one sticker suggesting that the Spyder was some sort of factory demo car - a very early serial number, must be a car with an interesting "back story"). All that led me to doing an alternative window sticker calculation scenario, assuming that what I thought was my car's MSRP was actually missing the destination charge, but that too led to a dead end (no final price consistency). Another reason to just give up this entire exercise (unless some magical window sticker appears on the internet). But thanks for the info!!!
Old 10-12-2020, 10:09 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Default Aqua Blue Spyder Roster

17 July 2021 UPDATE: VIN typo coorection - just noticed that the VIN for the 2012 #6 Spyder (Canadian) has an incorrect digit. The last-5 digits should be: 45143

I probably should apologize for droning on and on about Aqua Blue Metallic Spyders, but I have one (745248), so that's my excuse. Elsewhere, I have been beating a dead horse in an attempt to reproduce my car's missing window sticker, during which process I have been looking at a lot of data. One thing I did for myself was to put together a "roster" of all the North American ABM Spyders, calling out some of their more significant options (all this was based on the work done earlier in this Spyder FAQ Thread by RLer JSF101 in collecting all the Spyder Build Sheets). Perhaps some of the other ABMers might be interested in this compilation, so I am attaching it here. Please let me know of any errors or omissions. And I am still looking for that bleedin' missing 18th 2011 ABM car! There are several interesting conclusions that can be drawn from this "roster", but I leave that as an exercise for the reader.

Last edited by SCMike; 07-17-2021 at 04:23 PM. Reason: VIN typo correction
The following users liked this post:
JSF101 (10-14-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 01:57 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Originally Posted by SCMike
I probably should apologize for droning on and on about Aqua Blue Metallic Spyders, but I have one (745248), so that's my excuse. Elsewhere, I have been beating a dead horse in an attempt to reproduce my car's missing window sticker, during which process I have been looking at a lot of data. One thing I did for myself was to put together a "roster" of all the North American ABM Spyders, calling out some of their more significant options (all this was based on the work done earlier in this Spyder FAQ Thread by RLer JSF101 in collecting all the Spyder Build Sheets). Perhaps some of the other ABMers might be interested in this compilation, so I am attaching it here. Please let me know of any errors or omissions. And I am still looking for that bleedin' missing 18th 2011 ABM car! There are several interesting conclusions that can be drawn from this "roster", but I leave that as an exercise for the reader.

Ok this clears some things up for me. I don’t have the only NA ABM PDK with black interior and LWBs. But I do have the only one of such with PSE. And, it looks like mine was the third ABM car produced as a MY2012, not the last. Finally, would love to see pics of that that ABM with cocoa interior. Great chart and nice work SCMike!

**Edit: I see why I thought mine was the last ABM built for NA, I was actually looking at the Warranty Start date on the Vinalytic and not the Prod Date. I am wondering if that means mine was the last new NA ABM sold then?

Last edited by alemaniac; 10-13-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:14 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alemaniac
Ok this clears some things up for me. I don’t have the only NA ABM PDK with black interior and LWBs. But I do have the only one of such with PSE. And, it looks like mine was the third ABM car produced as a MY2012, not the last. Finally, would love to see pics of that that ABM with cocoa interior. Great chart and nice work SCMike!

**Edit: I see why I thought mine was the last ABM built for NA, I was actually looking at the Warranty Start date on the Vinalytic and not the Prod Date. I am wondering if that means mine was the last new NA ABM sold then?
I do believe that you do win the prize for the last new ABM sold in NA. I also have a "unicorn" - the only ABM sold in NA that came with Option 693 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer (yuk, yuk). I'm not sure why the original owner thought that he needed to listen to CDs when he had a permanent flat-six symphony playing just behind his right shoulder. I will have to dig up some old CDs and load up that Changer Unit that lives in a recess in the frunk. From the compilation, I was surprised that a sizeable majority of the original owners did not spec the Sport Exhaust System. For me, that is one of the favorite features of my Spyder.
The following users liked this post:
alemaniac (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 08:25 PM
alemaniac
Racer

I do believe that you do win the prize for the last new ABM sold in NA. I also have a "unicorn" - the only ABM sold in NA that came with Option 693 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer (yuk, yuk). I'm not sure why the original owner thought that he needed to listen to CDs when he had a permanent flat-six symphony playing just behind his right shoulder. I will have to dig up some old CDs and load up that Changer Unit that lives in a recess in the frunk. From the compilation, I was surprised that a sizeable majority of the original owners did not spec the Sport Exhaust System. For me, that is one of the favorite features of my Spyder.

That disc changer definitely stood out to me when you mentioned it earlier. Now, I know why! The only one! Nice.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:54 PM
d90spyder
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

SCMike, nice work digging up the data on the Spyders. I agree with you on ABM - absolutely beautiful color. Does anyone know who now owns Eduardo’s old ABM Spyder? It was a great spec from what I recall...LWB, full red leather interior, and PSE.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:19 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Car 45181 sounds like the 6-speed sibling to my PDK, whoever has that one. Curious if it also has SC and PCCB.

**Edit: I scrolled up. Looks like it has SC but not the PCCB. But, to be fair, my PCCB was added after the point of sale.

Last edited by alemaniac; 10-13-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:53 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 214 Posts

Didn't know that fun fact. I don't think I ever used the CD changer, even once. I used my Iphone for tunes, although rather sparingly.

Quick Reply: 987.2 Spyder FAQ