HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 694 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by go.illini
Call it sloppy 6ths?

In my opinion, more owners is more probability for abuse and missed/delayed maintenance.
That's a lot of owners...
Old 09-15-2016, 11:42 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by go.illini
Call it sloppy 6ths?

In my opinion, more owners is more probability for abuse and missed/delayed maintenance.

One owner was 10 days, another 1 month, and a third 5 months. Not uncommon for some to not keep long. Agreed, quite a few here.

Sweet car. Worth investigating.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:36 AM
STG
Race Director

2014 C2S PDK

X51 Powerkit
SC
PSE
SPASM
PDCC
Sport Design Package

I'd like to get info on service history, tire, pad, rotor changes, etc. It should have original rotors if just street driven. If so, it's a great sign.

Very performance orientated build. Would want to conclude whether tracked a lot or just a street driver. If a well taken care of street car, a definite BUY! Sweet build

If anyone is near by and wouldn't mind seeing it in person and reporting back please do so.

http://www.townebmw.com/used/Porsche...ecfc3e00a9.htm

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...&partner=CCO_0
Old 09-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
2014 C2S PDK

X51 Powerkit
SC
PSE
SPASM
PDCC
Sport Design Package

I'd like to get info on service history, tire, pad, rotor changes, etc. It should have original rotors if just street driven. If so, it's a great sign.

Very performance orientated build. Would want to conclude whether tracked a lot or just a street driver. If a well taken care of street car, a definite BUY! Sweet build

If anyone is near by and wouldn't mind seeing it in person and reporting back please do so.

http://www.townebmw.com/used/Porsche...ecfc3e00a9.htm

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...&partner=CCO_0
Question for you - I don't see PSE on the build sheet, and the button for PSE is where the spoiler button normally is. Is that typical for a car with the duck, or mean PSE was added after. Is SC standard on the S, as I don't see it on the build sheet - my memory appears to be fading.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:53 AM
STG
Race Director

SC and PSE are part of the X51 Powerkit Package when a factory build. Same as the GTS.

SC is an option on all models except the GTS which has the X51 too.

PSE button is top right with Sport Design and Aerokit Cup packages.

Only unique thing about the GTS is that it's the only model available in rear drive with the wide body rear. Also, centerlocks and the cosmetics like Alcantara. Other than that, an S model with the X51.

Last edited by STG; 09-17-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:28 PM
STG
Race Director

X51: Good for +30HP over the Carrera S, or in other words, a GTS.

http://suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991X51.html

By the way, check out Suncoast for some great OEM Porsche goods! Super website
Old 09-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
SC and PSE are part of the X51 Powerkit Package when a factory build. Same as the GTS.

SC is an option on all models except the GTS which has the X51 too.

PSE button is top right with Sport Design and Aerokit Cup packages.

Only unique thing about the GTS is that it's the only model available in rear drive with the wide body rear. Also, centerlocks and the cosmetics like Alcantara. Other than that, an S model with the X51.
As always - a fountain of knowledge! Seems like a few more X51s are showing up.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:02 PM
mdow
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread over the last 6 month or so and am finally ready to pull the trigger! I found a CPO 2014 C2S Cab that I am interested with the following options:

23k Miles
PDK, SC, Premium Package Plus, 14 way seats, BOSE, PDLS, Park Assist Front & Rear

Only things missing are full leather which would've been nice but isn't a deal breaker, and PSE which I will need to add myself. The original MSRP was 129k, dealer has it listed at 90k.

Was hoping to get some feedback as to what a reasonable first offer would be. This car is out of state so I will need to get it shipped cross country.

Last edited by mdow; 09-18-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:45 PM
STG
Race Director

^^^ With 23K miles, I wouldn't pay more than $85K for sure. Low 80's would be a lot better.

With them asking $90K, might take some time or something more to get them to get that low.

I always like to find cars that are fairly priced to start. Many cars I've found, I'd pay asking or even with a small discount. Some dealers price way too high thinking they can get it in the market they're in, or are into the car for a lot. Smart dealers price to sell without playing a lot of games.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dalema
As always - a fountain of knowledge! Seems like a few more X51s are showing up.
Yeah, unusual amount of X51's lately. Not the norm for sure. I only see a couple a year. Not very common!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:59 PM
mdow
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ With 23K miles, I wouldn't pay more than $85K for sure. Low 80's would be a lot better.

With them asking $90K, might take some time or something more to get them to get that low.

I always like to find cars that are fairly priced to start. Many cars I've found, I'd pay asking or even with a small discount. Some dealers price way too high thinking they can get it in the market they're in, or are into the car for a lot. Smart dealers price to sell without playing a lot of games.
Thanks STG, that is very useful info. My only concern is that I don't want to low ball them to the point where they don't take me seriously. This particular vehicle is at a pretty big dealer and the guy I'm working with has been mentioned in the HFS thread a couple of times.

Other than higher mileage and lack of full leather/PSE it checks pretty much all of my boxes including my first color choice.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by mdow
Thanks STG, that is very useful info. My only concern is that I don't want to low ball them to the point where they don't take me seriously. This particular vehicle is at a pretty big dealer and the guy I'm working with has been mentioned in the HFS thread a couple of times.

Other than higher mileage and lack of full leather/PSE it checks pretty much all of my boxes including my first color choice.
I think your offer would be very reasonable. Tell the sales guy you're a HFS buddy, and I'm sure he'll work with you as best as he can. If he's one that's been mentioned here, you should be in good hands.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:33 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 694 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Yeah, unusual amount of X51's lately. Not the norm for sure. I only see a couple a year. Not very common!
I am so happy I found mine here!
Old 09-18-2016, 11:20 AM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by mdow

Not sure discussing your pricing strategy in a public forum is the best approach. Especially if the guy is potentially reading this!

As for being concerned about low balling.....these guys will low ball you all day on a trade and won't hesitate to high ball you on sale. Go with what you think is fair and reasonable and be ready to walk when you need to.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:39 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know where the dealer is located, but given the prices of the convertibles, 80k would be the right price IMHO

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991