Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Dub911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Easy - STOP what you are doing right now. Back out. You better love it all, but concessions should not be on the interior color, too hard to change that! I have Luxor Beige and I enjoy it, but it goes well with my exterior and interior trim. Follow that intuition!
Agreed, and my intuition tells me that this is not the car for me. Its especially difficult because it has everything else going for it.

On the other hand, if there's even a chance that it could grow on you, at least give it a day or two before you make an irrevocable decision.
I have given it a lot of thought and have been actively trying to like it, which is not a good sign.

I have luxor beige. It's a great color (especially with the red contrasting stitching the original buyer ordered). Black floor mats keep the one area that would likely get dirty clean. Not a color I would have ordered had I built the car myself, but after living with it for a few months now, it stays nice and cool, the car is very bright inside, and I love the contrast for the red gauges, seatbelts, and stitching over it; it would be hard to go back to basic black at this point, I really like it! I might swap to a black steering wheel at some point as well, just easier to keep clean.
It definitely has its pluses and I can see why some people like it. Its just not to my taste. I'm a very white/grey/black guy in general. I was trying to get past that because of all the other pluses the car has when I starting reading about the reflection issue, overblown or not (I always wear polarized sunglasses when driving anyway) i'm fairly sure that would bother me too.

I always say (and this is from dealing with very picky customers, people who really do get into the "paralysis by analysis"): don't let the perfect be the enemy of the very good. The perfect may never come along. Getting 97% of the enjoyment of a great car that might not have exactly the color you want is much better than missing out and getting 0% enjoyment on a mythical perfect car.
I also subscribe to "don't let perfect be the enemy of good" in general, but in this case its overridden by the knowledge that the color will remind me that I made a concession with my dream car every time I drive it. If it was only a weekend car I might be able to look past it, but this will be a daily driver and I plan on doing some long trips in it too.

When I started my search, I almost compromised what I really wanted for a good deal. But, when I thought about driving my car every day, I knew that I would always wish I had gotten exactly what I was looking for. It took some more time, but now every time I get in my car, I'm completely happy. If you're not 100% into the interior, don't do it. Wait for the build you really want.
You hit the nail on the head, thank you.

Lots of 991s out there for sale - I would keep looking...
I am going to do that. I have been waiting for a 911 my whole life, I can wait a while longer for the right one.

Hey DUB, I understand what you are going through - better to stop now and cut your losses than have buyers remorse for the next n years! I nearly pulled the trigger on a Racing Yellow 991 TTS - the color kept me awake at night - I bailed. I now have a Carmine Red 991 GTS with, yes, the grey/black Alcantara/Leather, but with the GTS interior red stitching etc. To me black is just too black, but some contrasting stuff looks great, belts, dials...etc
I tried to reason myself into with "hey, you can always drive it for a year or two, then sell it!" as if that's a better solution than cutting my losses now and looking for the car I really want now, not nyears from now.

In other thoughts .... Let's leave the buying dilemmas for the main boards. Multiple posts on what color interior should I settle with is better suited on another thread. Not trying to be rude, but we'd like to stay somewhat focused here. I see 100 post threads on the main board about the most trivial buying decisions. At that point, everyone has an opinion and knows best.
Understood, my apologies.

The responses have been really helpful with organizing my thoughts on this choice and most confirmed what I already knew, hold out for the car you want. Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated.

I'm going to continue my search and hopefully I will find the right 991 for me in the near future.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:46 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

2015 GTS Cab just listed in RL marketplace: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post13541897
Old 08-20-2016, 07:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by 77tony
2015 GTS Cab just listed in RL marketplace: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post13541897

Another one bites the dust??

First the 50th, now the GTS?

Great looking GTS CAB from a great seller and Rennlister!

Last edited by STG; 08-20-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:14 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
Another one bites the dust??

First the 50th, now the GTS?
Hi George, Something rare and unexpected came up that I'm now bidding on. Also my wife and I will be doing a lot of traveling the next 10 months and doesn't look like I'll get to drive the GTS until May 17. T

Last edited by 77tony; 08-25-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:00 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 77tony
Hi George, Something rare and unexpected came up that I'm now bidding on. Also my wife and I will be doing a lot of traveling the next 10 months and doesn't look like I'll get to drive the GTS until May 17. T
GLWS! I'm sure this car will make someone very happy. Plus dealing with an enthusiast will be an easy buy.

Plus, as Tony mentioned the CPO warranty transfers on private sales. A great bonus!

I can't believe some of the ads and unresponsive sellers with some of these other FSBO listings. Refreshing seeing a proper listing here!

Last edited by STG; 08-20-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:34 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

This is a gorgeous 991! One of the few I've seen that I'd be interested in trading up for (don't tell my wife!). It's less than 20 minutes from where we are, so if anybody is interested in a walk-around and sniff, let me know. I might just go look at it anyway, just because it's so unique...

Originally Posted by r00t61
Here's an individualized one for ya:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...14729849&Log=0

2014 C4S in Gulf colors:

Old 08-21-2016, 01:04 PM
ericlterps
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
This is a gorgeous 991! One of the few I've seen that I'd be interested in trading up for (don't tell my wife!). It's less than 20 minutes from where we are, so if anybody is interested in a walk-around and sniff, let me know. I might just go look at it anyway, just because it's so unique...
Can anyone run a car fax on this? I'm extremely intrigued by this as well. I'm hunting for a gts but this may convince me otherwise. Price seems much higher than other 2014's - yes I know rare color high msrp blah blah. I'm a good student of this magical forum so I still know it's a little rich. What's a fair number?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:38 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

At low end of the 991 price range, this C2S has lots of nice options. You would have to do your due diligence.
It's not far from our summer home here in Chicagoland. ..
Old 08-22-2016, 01:49 AM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
GLWS! I'm sure this car will make someone very happy. Plus dealing with an enthusiast will be an easy buy.

Plus, as Tony mentioned the CPO warranty transfers on private sales. A great bonus!

I can't believe some of the ads and unresponsive sellers with some of these other FSBO listings. Refreshing seeing a proper listing here!

Thank you for the kind words STG T
Old 08-22-2016, 02:01 AM
no401k
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
At low end of the 991 price range, this C2S has lots of nice options. You would have to do your due diligence.
It's not far from our summer home here in Chicagoland. ..
I believe this was sold 3-4 weeks ago...
Old 08-22-2016, 11:48 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ericlterps
Can anyone run a car fax on this? I'm extremely intrigued by this as well. I'm hunting for a gts but this may convince me otherwise. Price seems much higher than other 2014's - yes I know rare color high msrp blah blah. I'm a good student of this magical forum so I still know it's a little rich. What's a fair number?
991 GTS seem to run in the mid-teens. He's had it for sale for a while, and has dropped his price. It's hard to sell at this level because of buyers wanting to trade etc. In my mind this one is worth near $100k, if the CarFax is clean and it checks out to be as represented.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Samson911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Any thoughts on this white GTS?

http://www.mbob.com/details/?vin=WP0AB2A91GS122811

I know that it's not CPO, but it's a pretty nice build with a ducktail.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:33 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson911

If you like PDK and a ducktail that seems like a reasonable number assuming you can get a few grand off more.

Duck tails are a love it or hate it thing...car could be cheap cause of it or cars will super quick if that's a must have.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:46 AM
gasrgoose
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson911

For me it's the perfect build and a car I'd still have in 30 years. Last year naturally aspirated GTS, PDK, White, alcantara, Sport design steering wheel, etc. I'd buy it if i was in the market and could afford it. For now I'll just have to stick with my 981 CS and keep looking at the pics of this car.

There is also a 2015 White ducktail GTS listed for $115,900 with 4981 miles and is a CPO In Greensboro, NC. It's a manual transmission with more options. I'd buy the 2016 though.

Last edited by gasrgoose; 08-23-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:58 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by gasrgoose
For me it's the perfect build and a car I'd still have in 30 years. Last year naturally aspirated GTS, PDK, White, alcantara, Sport design steering wheel, etc. But the vin decoder doesn't show the aero kit which clearly the car has?? I can't get the dealer link to work though. I'd buy it if i was in the market and could afford it. For now I'll just have to stick with my 981 CS and keep looking at the pics of this car.

There is also a 2015 White ducktail GTS listed for $115,900 with 4981 miles and is a CPO In Greensboro, NC. It's a manual transmission with more options. I'd buy the 2016 though.

It has the "Sport Design" package listed which includes the ducktail.

The "Aerokit Cup" package would be the duck/wing combo spoiler.

http://www.autoipacket.com/packet-sh...TOKEN=99226367

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991