Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Leong. Also consider the Dundon a motorsports headers under development for the GT4. I have done Tonnes if research for the GT3, spent months on it, these really are a hand crafted piece specifically developed on the jig and the dyno for the car. Nothing against CG as I've had their stuff before but the DMS stuff is just another level and the guy who designs and builds them a true engineer who experiments on the dyno and uses science to extract the best he can from the system. When you see them in the flesh your draw drops, I've been modifying Porsches for years and they are the most impressive I've seen having played with Fabspeed, dachX, CG etc. 123 stainless throughout equal length with much higher quality valves and fittings than the OEM. I can hook you up a favourable price. Just saying...
You're probably right (as usual). And if I had a budget for the car I would have spent it all already. I'm also considering tidying up the bodywork from Targa before the next one. And the rotors which I will need to do before November. Leaving engine/exhaust mods till next year would be wise move for so many reasons.

Part of the reason for the budget blowout is that I've signed up for Porsche Level 4 and 5 at Queensland Raceway in November, so if there are any of you Aussie GT4 owners wanting to do that, it'd be great to see you there. Always great to have some friendly GT3/GT4 rivalry
Old 07-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Leong72
You're probably right (as usual). And if I had a budget for the car I would have spent it all already. I'm also considering tidying up the bodywork from Targa before the next one. And the rotors which I will need to do before November. Leaving engine/exhaust mods till next year would be wise move for so many reasons. Part of the reason for the budget blowout is that I've signed up for Porsche Level 4 and 5 at Queensland Raceway in November, so if there are any of you Aussie GT4 owners wanting to do that, it'd be great to see you there. Always great to have some friendly GT3/GT4 rivalry
Fair enough. It's a fair investment (10k NZD for most of these high end systems). Let me prototype it first. You can't do everything in your first year of ownership. Let me know if you go with the brembo upgrade and RE10 pads. They (pads) are much easier on the rotor and the stock rotors will last longer with them. Take my advice and leave any tidy up until after the 4 day Targa and NITT and do it in the downtime in Dec. I made this mistake already in 2012. It will just be wasted money as you will likely crack another screen and get plenty more stone chips...
Old 07-16-2016, 06:44 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Hey! 15% off, that's not fair!
Funniest part is if it wasn't for you this wouldn't be happening. It's being organised by Alvin whom I only met the day we caught up for coffee.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:33 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Funniest part is if it wasn't for you this wouldn't be happening. It's being organised by Alvin whom I only met the day we caught up for coffee.
In which case I think the right thing for each of you to do is to each transfer me 5%
Old 07-17-2016, 08:38 PM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Brad, Just curious is the sound inside the car much louder with the headers?

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I am interested in headers but I was going to wait until I put some kms on the car and also DMS to do their catted version.

On another note, car got delivered on Friday, only put ~40km on it and dropped it off on Saturday for a full wrap and glass coated. Very impressed with the car so far and haven't had a chance to open it up.

More ****ty phone pics.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Charlie. Very similar spec to what I had planned back in the early drama days when the Blue (and the Carmine Red and the fancy white) all got cancelled for a few months. Along with the LWBS.

Thankfully for me they all came back before my order was 100% locked away. That said I'd still be more than happy if I had ended up with white/platinum. It's a great combo IMO.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:17 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Congratulations Charlie, looks awesome, just the way I ordered my original allocation (externally) and then things changed... :-)
Old 07-18-2016, 01:29 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

never get tired of white. Classic
Old 07-18-2016, 01:39 AM
cp993
Advanced

Congratulations Charlie, looks excellent. You will not be disappointed. its just the most fun car to drive....

best wishes
Chris
Old 07-18-2016, 02:33 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cp993
Hi Brad, Just curious is the sound inside the car much louder with the headers?

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris,

With sports exhaust on, you do get a bit more growl/rumble at mid throttle. Light throttle is no different to stock. Full throttle at high rpms is a lot louder - heads turn. It's a pretty special noise also.

With sports exhaust off you would not know the headers were fitted (in terms of sound) unless you were full throttle and high rpms.

Hope that helps.

Btw - congrats Charlie, lots of fun driving ahead!
Old 07-18-2016, 05:01 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good one Charlie. If you are going to track it get some Clearplex on your screen. I got a rock strike at the weekend and it saved my screen from a bullseye for sure, just a couple of minor pits I reckon when it comes off.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:45 AM
cp993
Advanced

Hi Chris,

With sports exhaust on, you do get a bit more growl/rumble at mid throttle. Light throttle is no different to stock. Full throttle at high rpms is a lot louder - heads turn. It's a pretty special noise also.

With sports exhaust off you would not know the headers were fitted (in terms of sound) unless you were full throttle and high rpms.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Brad really appreciate the info. I might wait a little while but think eventually I will change to the CG headers. I was worried as my wife loves the car and if it was louder I am sure she wouldn't feel the same, as she hated my 930 because it was too loud in the car....
Old 07-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Quack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Charlie. Your car looks unreal! The GT4 really does look special in white, despite the "crappy" phone pics (look pretty darn good to me)
Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Looks great Charlie. Very similar spec to what I had planned back in the early drama days when the Blue (and the Carmine Red and the fancy white) all got cancelled for a few months. Along with the LWBS.

Thankfully for me they all came back before my order was 100% locked away. That said I'd still be more than happy if I had ended up with white/platinum. It's a great combo IMO.
Thanks mate. I loved the GT4 in white, plus i have the option of doing a coloured wrap if I get bored and then having the option of going back to white if I get bored of a loud colour.

Originally Posted by James88
Congratulations Charlie, looks awesome, just the way I ordered my original allocation (externally) and then things changed... :-)
Thanks mate. Your car combo is great, especially with the PCCBs.

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
never get tired of white. Classic
Thanks mate

Originally Posted by cp993
Congratulations Charlie, looks excellent. You will not be disappointed. its just the most fun car to drive....

best wishes
Chris
Thanks Chris, only put a few kms on it before it went in for a wrap but already feels like a very special car, can't wait to open it up.

Hi Chris,

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate, thats the plan

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
Good one Charlie. If you are going to track it get some Clearplex on your screen. I got a rock strike at the weekend and it saved my screen from a bullseye for sure, just a couple of minor pits I reckon when it comes off.
I am getting a full wrap and glass coat on top, will also glass coat the wheels, calipers and front windscreen so that should protect it.

Originally Posted by Quack
Congrats Charlie. Your car looks unreal! The GT4 really does look special in white, despite the "crappy" phone pics (look pretty darn good to me)
Thanks mate. I use to do a bit of photography so I am a little picky with my pictures, but unfortunately my wife is overseas and has taken my camera and some of my gear with her so no decent pics will come for a few weeks until she returns.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s