Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:41 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Well I signed up for notifications on that $225k GT4 but got nothing about interest in it increasing so it looks like there were no takers. Ad has now been removed- shame, looked like a fair deal for a new car at about list price.

Actually, is anyone aware of any sales of used GT4 at list or above?

Of course there is James88 fully loaded example but that was reportedly under original list.

I do recall one was listed on carsales in SA that had a lot stickers on it but it looks awfully similar to the one now selling at Duttons in VIC- Racing Yellow with black wheels, sofas, SC, full leather with yellow stitch and alcantara wheel/gear lever. No rego plate makes it looks like it is from interstate, kms are consistent and while most of the stickers have been removed, the same black wrap that goes over the top and bottom of the wing is on both cars. All seems rather coincidental!

What do folks think? Equal or premium pricing for used GT4 in AU is pretty thin? The other 5 GT4 on Carsales seem to have been there for a while. I expect GT4 should still hold its price well... so depreciate slower than say an equivalently priced 911 Carrera but looks like price is going down and not up. Reports that the next 718 GT4 will be NA will not help.

Last edited by DR1VEN; 07-29-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:42 AM
Quack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
Well I signed up for notifications on that $225k GT4 but got nothing about interest in it increasing so it looks like there were no takers. Ad has now been removed- shame, looked like a fair deal for a new car at about list price.

Actually, is anyone aware of any sales of used GT4 at list or above?

Of course there is James88 fully loaded example but that was reportedly under original list.

I do recall one was listed on carsales in SA that had a lot stickers on it but it looks awfully similar to the one now selling at Duttons in VIC- Racing Yellow with black wheels, sofas, SC, full leather with yellow stitch and alcantara wheel/gear lever. No rego plate makes it looks like it is from interstate, kms are consistent and while most of the stickers have been removed, the same black wrap that goes over the top and bottom of the wing is on both cars. All seems rather coincidental!

What do folks think? Equal or premium pricing for used GT4 in AU is pretty thin? The other 5 GT4 on Carsales seem to have been there for a while. I expect GT4 should still hold its price well... so depreciate slower than say an equivalently priced 911 Carrera but looks like price is going down and not up. Reports that the next 718 GT4 will be NA will not help.

Given the number of delivered cars (~140 iirc) for Australia ended up being higher than the allocation originally quoted for Australia (around 70 cars) I think the speculation bubble has well and truly burst. But I don't think that depreciation will be bad at all - the car will remain in demand on the second hand market

That said when I rang Porsche Centre Brighton earlier today to find out if they had received my car from the docks yet (should be arriving at the dealership on Monday or Tuesday next week! Yay!) my sales guy told me they had a person call that morning looking for a GT4 allocation. He told him that in fact they had a car coming in next week, but he was pretty sure that I wouldn't be cancelling my order! (Damn right!)
Old 07-29-2016, 12:54 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Presuming the 991.2 GT3 does come in a manual it's my opinion that this will cause both the GT4 and 997 GT3 values to drop.

I'll put my hand up and say if the 991.1 GT3 had been available with a 6MT I'd have wanted one of those over the GT4.

I'll also say that I'm eternally grateful it wasn't as I absolutely love this car and would now not consider giving it up for a 991.2 GT3. But I would have been blind to that had I not owned it, and I think there will be plenty of new market goers who were like me thinking the Cayman was inferior to the 911 and will look at 991.2 6MT's before GT4's once it gets released. I was genuinely a 997 GT3 market hunter before deciding to buy the GT4 instead, simply because I couldn't find one in the spec I wanted over a 12 month period.

So it's my opinion the values will drop with the new GT3. But that doesn't concern me as I don't plan on shifting mine anytime in the foreseeable future! (Any future GT4 models released will test that however depending on what it turns out to be).
Old 07-29-2016, 08:25 AM
Quack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Some good points there Snowie. I admit if I hadn't got a GT4 allocation then I was going to order a 991.2 GT3 manual.

I'm very glad to hear that the GT4 is an absolute cracker and worth getting.

I too have no plans of changing from the GT4 anytime soon.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:50 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting comments re GT3 (991.2) vs GT4; i have money down on the new GT3 allocation, and have heard the same rumours of it being a 4.0 and manual, which is something many longed with the 991.1.

however there are some issues as i see it, the GT3 especially if its a 4.0 I think is just too fast and "busy" as it is, hampering that with a manual box i fell will be a step back, with way too much going on when tracking the car, a PDK would be a better suited way to extract performance out of it. Where the GT4 being genuinely slower and an MR platform i think is better suited for the manual box.

and then there is the $150k or so delta between the two of them, not an insignificant amount...!

also went to check out the car last night...

Old 08-07-2016, 12:43 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any of you guys interested in doing a group buy for some ClearPlex windscreen protection film?
Old 08-08-2016, 02:54 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

what did you guys pay for insurance I am getting quoted 2400 for agreed value or 1700 for market with nrma as they are usually pretty good but this looks a bit rough
Old 08-08-2016, 03:25 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by No Heel No Toe
what did you guys pay for insurance I am getting quoted 2400 for agreed value or 1700 for market with nrma as they are usually pretty good but this looks a bit rough
I ended up going with Porsche insurance. I didn't have much choice, they were the cheapest of the 2 who would insure me. $3k per year.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:36 AM
Tilpa
Intermediate

$ 2050 from NRMA - agreed value. I shopped around and this was the best I could turn up
Old 08-08-2016, 07:49 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

This is pretty cheap. On my GTS I went with Porsche, as Allianz wouldn't insure my car due to the value of the options. I am paying $2500 PA with a 2100 excess from memory.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:01 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for the info guys, seems like Tilpa has won it, i would gladly take 2050 for agreed value, i got 5 cars insured with them and 60% no claim and nrma wont match that. i may just take 1700 and risk market value
Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks for the info guys, seems like Tilpa has won it, i would gladly take 2050 for agreed value, i got 5 cars insured with them and 60% no claim and nrma wont match that. i may just take 1700 and risk market value
If you pick an insurance company that does new for old you can just get market value for the first few years and change later. I forget my premium with aami but it's sub 2000 with new for old for two years.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:25 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
If you pick an insurance company that does new for old you can just get market value for the first few years and change later. I forget my premium with aami but it's sub 2000 with new for old for two years.
AAMI does not have choice of repairer, l wouldn't risk to let them decide who repairs it.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:01 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by James88
AAMI does not have choice of repairer, l wouldn't risk to let them decide who repairs it.
They have the worst reputation in the insurance industry too. They are cheap for a reason.

I wouldn't touch them.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
They have the worst reputation in the insurance industry too. They are cheap for a reason.

I wouldn't touch them.
My experience has been good, but everyone has to make their own decision.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s