Notices

I wonder if Porsche dealers have gone too far?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024 | 10:34 AM
On_Your_Left
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
Tesla has it figured out. Every interaction I've had with them is amazing and most of it is through text or email. Although I don't have one of their cars anymore, I really appreciate the way that system works. You spec the car, click buy, and wait for it to arrive. No getting locked in a room with the "finance girl" trying to upsell on all kinds of overpriced unnecessary stuff. No ADMs, No VIP lists, No buying taycans to get allocations, No getting bounced back and forth between the dealer and Porsche Canada.
Their sales is fine. Their service is a dumpster fire of breathtaking proportions. I had a model S for 4+ years, and I will never ever buy another Tesla as long as I walk this earth.
Old 08-01-2024 | 11:03 AM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregster
im not sure its a leadership problem…
OT - China is an economic train wreck. No work, major homeless problem, rioting over many issues both economic and geopolitical. Massive queues at us and other embassy, anyone with money is desperate to get out with it. China's misery will make the countries leadership make bad and dangerous decisions, it's a threat to the planet. 🙏 for ✌️ if you believe in a higher power.
Old 08-01-2024 | 11:43 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by On_Your_Left
Their sales is fine. Their service is a dumpster fire of breathtaking proportions. I had a model S for 4+ years, and I will never ever buy another Tesla as long as I walk this earth.
I only had one interaction with service for a recall, so my experience isn't vast, but it went ok. No loaner or shuttle like Porsche, but a free Uber. Tesla didn't come back cleaned, but the job got done, so I can't complain.
Old 08-01-2024 | 01:32 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by damage98MO
OT - China is an economic train wreck. No work, major homeless problem, rioting over many issues both economic and geopolitical. Massive queues at us and other embassy, anyone with money is desperate to get out with it. China's misery will make the countries leadership make bad and dangerous decisions, it's a threat to the planet. 🙏 for ✌️ if you believe in a higher power.
Open to other views?

American in China

Canadian in China

Australian in China

Last edited by lowbee; 08-01-2024 at 02:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RealityGT (08-01-2024)
Old 08-01-2024 | 01:57 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by repcapale
Ah it all depends. I have had zero issues with the dealership here so far.

Having a good SA is also important.
Same here. Especially after moving my business from Pfaff... I would absolutely put them in the negative category but have had nothing but good experiences with PCNT. My sales and service advisors are both fantastic and there is no BS with minimum options etc.

Unfortunately, they don't get the same volume of allocations which is a shame... but I'd rather wait than deal with the games + thievery at some of the other GTA dealers.
RealityGT (08-01-2024)
Old 08-01-2024 | 07:21 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
My worst experiences have been at BMW and Range Rover. I've never walked into dealerships had felt invisible.

Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus have been great to our family. GM and Ford are....they are what they are lol It works.
I will say, the best service I have ever gotten is at the local Lexus dealer...no fuss, no pushing, always friendly, nothing shady. They are definitely an S tier dealership. The Porsche ones I've dealt with have been okay, even good, but not all warm and fuzzy.
Old 08-02-2024 | 02:56 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lowbee
Always! I'm possibly misinformed, my info was also from YouTube, people on the streets, recorded scenes of civil unrest and homeless camps with smartphone and uploaded. Those issues are hardly unique to China. We only have to look in our back yard. That said, we live in a constitutional democracy, with free and fair elections. The same can't be said for many nations, China included. Anyway, thanks for the links, the street walk video showed a very busy market, looked fun and made me crave street food. But it's just one view in a maelstrom of streams and sources.
Back to Porsche only for me. Geopolitics are far too much for my old brain.
Old 08-02-2024 | 05:29 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

If you want to talk about bad… I can recount my Stellantis dealer experience from back in May. Holy Ffffff it was literally something you read about on Jalopnik bad
bcrdukes (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024 | 08:45 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Gregster
If you want to talk about bad… I can recount my Stellantis dealer experience from back in May. Holy Ffffff it was literally something you read about on Jalopnik bad
Must have been an Alfa Romeo.
Old 08-03-2024 | 01:27 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

The market is changing, people are not spending like they used to.

All that money Trudeau gave away during covid is long long gone.

Old 08-03-2024 | 01:45 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
The market is changing, people are not spending like they used to.

All that money Trudeau gave away during covid is long long gone.
but Trudeau and the Liberals care about Canadians!!!!
Old 08-03-2024 | 03:23 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by moab
but Trudeau and the Liberals care about Canadians!!!!
Only some Canadians - themselves. Certainly not the millions of millennials who will lose huge sums of their inheritances to the higher capital gains tax.
Old 08-03-2024 | 03:34 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Only some Canadians - themselves. Certainly not the millions of millennials who will lose huge sums of their inheritances to the higher capital gains tax.
He cares for the common person. Just like this clown:

Old 08-03-2024 | 03:57 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

It seems to me that these threads tend to wander off into political discussion that lead exactly nowhere. I thought it was about dealers going too far.

The usual discussion is that Canada is a terrible place going bankrupt and presumably everyone is going to leave if it's that bad, or that we are already in debt and cannot reverse out in a flash.

Whatever.

When there is election we can each exercise our right to vote and then we will live with the consequences until we vote again. The only other options are to mount a revolution or to leave. Neither of these options is realistically what I am intending. I can live in the US or the EU at will, so am not trapped in Canada. I am personally not a Trudeau fan and will vote accordingly but in the end this is a pretty decent place to live, There is a lot of misinformation here about the terrible Canadian health care/ wonderful US health care which is just hysterical nonsense. I am married to am American and spend lots of time at the AZ home, lots of friends the US. Of course, if you are prepared to pay you can get good health care in the US, but I am very well aware many people who are delaying retirement so they can benefit from Medicare for instance. Of course wealthy people or those with great medical coverage from their jobs do fine ( until they leave). Fact is Canadians live longer than Americans so somethnig must be working.

Canadian health care is far from perfect and worse than it used to be. No doubt. However it is far from the comparative disaster that some will portray. Certainly non critical surgery can be a long wait.

As for Trudeau, he was elected in a normal election. In my own view he has not been a success, and therefore will likely suffer the consequences but we need to temper expectations for the next government.

The accumulated debt will not go away, the interest on that debt will not magically disappear, and there are some massive demographic challenges coming. Lots of old people like me and few millennials who may righty resent the burden of nonproductive retirees who will doubtless need medical care for instance. Pension funds will be stressed with fewer contributors . We will need to find better answers to encourage enterpreneurs to stay once a company reaches critical mass. I have been on the boards of quite a few companies in the tech sector which were small caps and in most cases we did deals with US companies to take them to the next stage of growth.

Anyway , have the dealers gone to far?.....that is the question.
The following 5 users liked this post by RDMcG:
Bud Fox (08-04-2024), Greg981 (08-04-2024), Nate Tempest (08-04-2024), Onami (08-03-2024), Vise (08-05-2024)
Old 08-03-2024 | 05:55 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Originally Posted by moab
He cares for the common person. Just like this clown:
I should know better than to surf this site before dinner...
The following 2 users liked this post by .2PDK:
bcrdukes (08-03-2024), damage98MO (08-04-2024)

Quick Reply: I wonder if Porsche dealers have gone too far?