Notices

I wonder if Porsche dealers have gone too far?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2024 | 08:28 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
I would never deal with a Porsche Stealer. They quoted $2,600 plus tax for the ghost horn issue which has a $4 part/20-minute labour fix. However, several friends and I are finding the GTA independents' service is getting worse particularly now that Henry has retired. Don't know what others have experienced.
On your 993? Was that the beeps when you go over any slight bump? That's a common one that I had as well.
Old 07-31-2024 | 08:38 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I work with 2 good P-car dealers. One better than the other in terms of no games and overall ease of doing business. The other has games pushed down by management, but we can get over them without subscribing.

The one with the games called me some months ago and asked if I wanted an allocation (don't recall if 4RS or 3RS) but I have to buy the watch. He said that's what management wants now. I wasn't in the market anyway, but told him won't buy the watch if I was.

The only other brand I deal with now is GMC. The selling dealer has been great, got a discount when other GTA dealers would not budge at all. The local service dealer is generally great. One snafu on an accessory install where they didn't own their sh*t before handing it back to me. They did offer to resolve, but by the time that happened the manufacturer of the part helped me and I did it myself with less headache.

I'd love to hear more from non-enthusiast Porsche customers, to see if their buying experience is similar. I do know of two such people who were buying Porsche SUVs, local dealer strung them along for allocations. One got fed up of waiting months with no end in sight and the other finally got one. This was around pandemic times, so that could be an explanation.

I had a dealer tell me last week that they can't accept the digital PCA card for parts discount. Management said no, has to be physical card. Now I think he was mistaken but seemed very certain on the direction from above.

Quality service is on a decline for sure, as a cross industry trend. But there are still some good experiences to be had.

Last edited by SToronto; 07-31-2024 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2024 | 09:11 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

I've had great experience with two GM Chevrolet dealerships when purchasing my C8s and full size SUVs. Since 2020, I've run through a few cars thanks to the pandemic and GM has really upped their game in the service department and sales for said vehicles. My Porsche purchase was superb and no games but was referred to the dealership so that could be why.

I go in with low expectations and leave satisfied because I really don't need to spend more time dealing with folks I hope to hardly see. A close buddy can be a ***** and he always complains about his car buying experiences because he thinks he should be treated like god...well I reminded him you're just another number so really tame down your expectations. If the car is clean, detailed, paperwork in order then on your way....but he seems to think he should be paraded around like some mortal who feels the dealership staff need to praise him for his purchase. LOL. I'm dead serious.
Old 07-31-2024 | 09:19 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

From my personal experience I rank as follows:

BMW
Porsche
Audi
Old 07-31-2024 | 09:27 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by .2PDK
From my personal experience I rank as follows:

BMW
Porsche
Audi
That that bad to good or good to bad?
Old 07-31-2024 | 09:33 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Well, my car has arrived at the dealership, so I should have another data point within the week. I don't expect anyone to kiss my ***, but I do expect to be treated fairly and without any games. Buy a watch to get a car? That person can KMA!

I'd say that Audi has been my best sales/service experience lately. The neighbour that I mentioned above said the same thing (he is on his 7th Audi). We both agreed that we love the Porsche product but hate the Porsche sales/service experience.
Old 07-31-2024 | 09:33 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I've had great experience with two GM Chevrolet dealerships when purchasing my C8s and full size SUVs. Since 2020, I've run through a few cars thanks to the pandemic and GM has really upped their game in the service department and sales for said vehicles. My Porsche purchase was superb and no games but was referred to the dealership so that could be why.

I go in with low expectations and leave satisfied because I really don't need to spend more time dealing with folks I hope to hardly see. A close buddy can be a ***** and he always complains about his car buying experiences because he thinks he should be treated like god...well I reminded him you're just another number so really tame down your expectations. If the car is clean, detailed, paperwork in order then on your way....but he seems to think he should be paraded around like some mortal who feels the dealership staff need to praise him for his purchase. LOL. I'm dead serious.
I will say this is the only GMC I have purchased, while sales was good as I mentioned, the finance person was horrendous. She wasn't new there and made the experience crappy at the end, tainted the great work of the sales team if I comment on overall dealership experience. Delivery had a small delay. She kept insisting that my insurance coverage start on the day of delivery to be valid. It was valid 2 days before delivery date for 12 months as they do. She could not comprehend that if it was valid 2 days before delivery and expires a year later, it's valid on delivery day which falls in between. No exaggeration, she made it hell until I called GM Financial and complained about it. She seemed stunned that I did that. The sales team too seemingly left it alone for her to resolve.

You are probably right on referrals, because they don't want to taint the relationship of the referrer. I've referred a couple people who purchased new Porsches recently, they were pleased with the experience. Think good dealer and referral.

That's funny on your friend. No doubt there are people like that. I know one too, it's usually narcissistic people.
Old 07-31-2024 | 10:23 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Onami
Well, my car has arrived at the dealership, so I should have another data point within the week. I don't expect anyone to kiss my ***, but I do expect to be treated fairly and without any games. Buy a watch to get a car? That person can KMA!

I'd say that Audi has been my best sales/service experience lately. The neighbour that I mentioned above said the same thing (he is on his 7th Audi). We both agreed that we love the Porsche product but hate the Porsche sales/service experience.
I love my Audi manager. So agreed with above.
If I would rate my experiences it would be.
Lexus/Toyota
Audi
Acura

Old 07-31-2024 | 10:27 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
That that bad to good or good to bad?
lol i was about to post exactly the same question ... looks like Porsche is in the middle of the pack either way ...
Old 07-31-2024 | 10:29 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Onami

congrats .. wondering if they will have it covered and do the big reveal !! saw that once while at the dealership , the customer was very excited and impressed.
The following users liked this post:
Onami (07-31-2024)
Old 07-31-2024 | 10:31 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche

unfortunately people like your close friemd tend to be Porsche buyers.

I want to see as little people as possible.. where do i sign , give me the keys, bye....
The following 2 users liked this post by theiceman:
CamsPorsche (07-31-2024), Greg981 (07-31-2024)
Old 07-31-2024 | 10:32 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
That's funny on your friend. No doubt there are people like that. I know one too, it's usually narcissistic people.
Yup and he's on his 3rd marriage...wonder why?! LOL.

I will say GM still has its share of country bumpkins that likely only have highschool education and get into these finance roles and can't comprehend anything. I've seen it previously at family run or rural dealerships...
Old 07-31-2024 | 10:34 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I love my Audi manager. So agreed with above.
If I would rate my experiences it would be.
Lexus/Toyota
Audi
Acura
i have never bought a new audi but i have owned many .. I am VERY impressed with any Audi dealership when i go in... the guy knows me from like a year ago when i went in, always comes and greets me, then leaves me alone with my son to look around.
I don't feel pressured or uncomfortable ever.. cant say that for every dealership.
The following users liked this post:
RealityGT (07-31-2024)
Old 07-31-2024 | 12:05 PM
JasonKM
Racer

as soon as my car was off the Certified Pre-Own warranty I stopped going to dealerships. Just don't have the patience with the service people, although some have been great in the past.
I had a completely horible experience with service at Downtown Chrysler jeep over the past year. I working with PCA Canada on a goodwill warranty claim. The PCA rep called me numerous times to inquire if the dealer was getting back to me because they could not get a return call. The dealer was never calling me back, let alone PCA. I joked with PCA about how they let their dealers behave considering they don't call PCA back. It was soo bad it was comical. Even one time the Jeep was in for service and I get home and there is a bolt at the base of the windshield. Definitely a factory fastener so I reach out numerous times by phone, text and email about this. They never respond so since I could not trust their work I redid the service in the driveway and the bolt was from the engine cover. Yet they send a text asking me to score them perfectly on PCA survey. Just crazy!!!
Old 07-31-2024 | 12:09 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
congrats .. wondering if they will have it covered and do the big reveal !! saw that once while at the dealership , the customer was very excited and impressed.
I think they do that with every new car/suv. I know they did it with my Macans. My wife's Lexis had a big red bow on it

Quick Reply: I wonder if Porsche dealers have gone too far?