Notices

NZers Track Tour Spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I've approached Redline Signs for an indication of windscreen banner costs etc. Shane from Chicane mentioned them. Thomas will come back by email. Questions are what design and how many? To date I've sensed something simple is best unless we have budding design talents out there. Also in numbers it would be best to cover a couple of uses each. I don't think these will be that expensive. The bigger hassle is commissioning and pick up.
Good work John. Also drop Steve R an email as I was with him on the weekend and we discussed the banner. He said he has a crowd that do his CarreraSport ones. Might be worth checking that option out too...

I was thinking red background with white words "Rennsport Gruppe" in the Porsche script as previously posted to keep these all generic and simple and keep the costs down. Probably get two printed for each participant (25 run all up). I think red/white should work for most cars (heck out my avatar for a dark car) and they are a temporary and disposable fixture in any case...
Old 05-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John, Just as I wrote the above Steve emailed me. I've asked him for a ballpark on those banners.

Steve has just reserved a further 2 spots for the SI tour, one for a Canadian client of his who usually journeys over for events and the other for Chris B (944 race car) who is part of Rennsport Gruppe. That's 7 up for the Porsche guys and I suspect the full 10 place allocation will be full in the next 24 hours...
Old 05-28-2013, 02:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John, Just as I wrote the above Steve emailed me. I've asked him for a ballpark on those banners.

Steve has just reserved a further 2 spots for the SI tour, one for a Canadian client of his who usually journeys over for events and the other for Chris B (944 race car) who is part of Rennsport Gruppe. That's 7 up for the Porsche guys and I suspect the full 10 place allocation will be full in the next 24 hours...
So that would make one place left. Peter, get in quick.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

It appears there is alot of pent up demand for this event as Tony + Gary were trying to organise this last year but it fell over on a few technicalities....

An email went out to the entire Payday database today (yesterdays was only to those who had expressed interest last year and in more recent times) and at this stage it looks like Bike transportation to SI will be $750 per bike but that car transportation cost/availability is yet to be determined. Im guessing it may be twice this at least...more reason to drive it and make a road trip of the event....
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

When you get older, you realise that some things are a long time coming around again. This is one of those things. I have the health, means and car to do it. Carpet down.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

&@"" spell check. Carpe diem.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

&@"" spell check. Carpe diem.
Thank god for that!

For a while there, rather than latin I thought perhaps you were intending to buy a chest wig or a merkin (someone here is bound to google that one!) or grow a tache to reinforce your new found Porsche liberation!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

No need for additional hair. Nature has been generous except on my head. I have however ordered a race suit. Hopefully I will have that this Saturday. Will also look at helmet options. I have a 10 year old one. It's fine but want to look at more upmarket versions. Something lighter and maybe thinner.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:12 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm paid - and crossing my fingers that I made it in time...!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I'm paid - and crossing my fingers that I made it in time...!
Fingers crossed for you as well. Surely they can do more than 10 people in our group.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Peter. Best of British! Hopefully you'll make it...

The limitations are due to Prestigio maximum session limits for insurance purposes. We technically have the same challenge for our NI track tour. Steve is working this through with Tony and Mike at Prestigio and hopefully we will have the limit lifted to 12-15 participants soon. However at this time the agreement between Playday and Prestigio officially sits at 10 cars maximum per session....

John, given natures generosity you should consider saving money on the race suit and take a leaf out of famous artist Junko Yakasaki from Japan who has exhibited clothing woven to the body with body hair. Body hair is quite flame retardant as you know (but can get a bit smelly when burnt).

P.S. On the helmet the SI Tour dictates that you need a helmet approved for MSNZ especially for the Levels track. I believe this is snell 2005/2010 or similar. Helmets are usually only acceptable for a maximum of 10 years from manufacture so youll definitely need a new one. Stick with opne face for comfort IMHO. If on a budget look to Bell Mag. If feeling a bit richer try Stilo as posted earlier in this thread...
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

I'm not sure whether red will stand out against black if we use the Porsche font. Need someone to show me the look.

As for use I hadn't expected people to keep these on the car after the run, but we can take that possibility into account.

I'll use mine for the runs and keep a number to allow for a new one if I decide I don't like the look on a DD.
Works for Porsche...
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2013, 05:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy

Works for Porsche...
Sure does. Let's see what the others can come up with. If it's all printed then we can have a number of combinations.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nope - too late. Bummer! I have said to put me on waiting list and that I'd consider the other car group if available.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy

Works for Porsche...
Works for me - no prizes for guessing why...

Quick Reply: NZers Track Tour Spring 2013