Notices

NZers Track Tour Spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Good choice. I may even look for a font I can print onto vinyl and put on the ducktail.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes that would be excellent.
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Yes that would be excellent.
Saved that to my camera roll. Now I find a printer. Shouldn't be hard
Old 05-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Any Interest for a Post Track Tour HD run on 21st September?

Tony has just given me the September dates and this could work out well for everyone to pit to use their new found bravado/skills!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Sounds doable. As does the 7th to get our eye in and shakedown the car. Don't want a breakage in Manfield. It's a long way home .....
Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. The file I send is a microsoft font file. You can double click it on a PC and it will install itself as a font. When you open work it will appear in the font drop down and you can type any word you wish using it. When I save it to jpeg it comes out no larger than 16kb as its just pure font...You may just need to send the font file to the embroider. They can open it on PC and print sraight off of it to their machines I should thing...
Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Just a thought. Maybe someone here can organise having a dozen window screen banners produced for our RennSport Gruppe inaugural September Track Tour. Red vinyl with white lettering below would look really good on most of the cars IMHO and make us look like an organised group for the three days!

Could someone take over this task? Im sure we would all be happy to pay for these to give our group something to stand out with....the 50th Anniversary of the 911 logo is another worth considering....
Attached Images   
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca, I'm going to look for decals for my car anyway so can research. BTW: Do banners interfere with tall driver line of sight?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi John. No they shouldn't. The only cover the area at the top of the window that is tinted by the factory in any case. They actually proved handy on the sunny days we had on the targa by cutting down the glare....
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Gents. Going to have to start shaking the tree for those who have not yet paid their deposit for the September Track Tour. We need to get a minimum of 10 deposits into Tony's account by next Friday or it likely wont happen. Im heading to Rennsport next weekend in Sydney so would like to get this nailed before I leave. Ill post this on the CarreraSport board as soon as I have a list from Tony of who has ponied up but I guess you all know who you are that haven't yet paid.....
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Chaps

Been watching the N.I track tour with envy. I haven't signed up due to work commitments on those days but I'm working on changing things around.

Are the numbers restricted and is there a cut off date to join up?

Dave
Old 05-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

David.

You are welcome to join. The numbers are restricted (12-15 max) but we still have spaces available and there is no real cut off date now the first 11 have placed their deposits and secured the Taupo Track.

We will plan on using the Playday at HD on Sat 7th as an ICEBREAKER for those like me who have very little track time under their belt. Its not part of the Tour but may be of interest.

Ive been asked a few times about thes eats in the last week and discovered the manufacturers site is no longer up although a crowd in the UK seem to have the whole range of seats on their site. I dealt direct with Chloe the export manager (email below). If you do a goodle on Border Seats youll find the UK site.

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/...s/cat_359.html

They finish the seats in carbon, GRP and Kevlar (yellow weave). Try emailing them direct....

border@border.com.tw

I went with SP5 as they were a tad wider and taller and I needed something for a 200 pound person with a "generous" waist LOL!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
David.

You are welcome to join. The numbers are restricted (12-15 max) but we still have spaces available and there is no real cut off date now the first 11 have placed their deposits and secured the Taupo Track.

We will plan on using the Playday at HD on Sat 7th as an ICEBREAKER for those like me who have very little track time under their belt. Its not part of the Tour but may be of interest.

Ive been asked a few times about thes eats in the last week and discovered the manufacturers site is no longer up although a crowd in the UK seem to have the whole range of seats on their site. I dealt direct with Chloe the export manager (email below). If you do a goodle on Border Seats youll find the UK site.

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/...s/cat_359.html

They finish the seats in carbon, GRP and Kevlar (yellow weave). Try emailing them direct....

border@border.com.tw

I went with SP5 as they were a tad wider and taller and I needed something for a 200 pound person with a "generous" waist LOL!
Thanks Macca, I'm hoping for the best as I would love to join in.

Also good info on the seats - thanks
Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Update all.

11 Contributions recieved. All present and correct! Thanks to all...

We now have a deposit in on Taupo A1GP track for 13th September. Locked and loaded.

Im working through some logistics with Tony. Taupo to Manfield is 2.45 hrs direct drive. Those of us not "behold-ant to the man" will probably rock up in Taupo Thursday 12th afternoon and stay the night. I believe Tony will be doing this, as will myself and a few others. Others in the group will likely joinh us at the track no later than 8.30am on the morning direct from Auckland.

My thoughts is we stay overnight in Taupo as many will have already driven 3 hrs in the morning to get there and by the end of the day will be well buggered!

What preferences (if any) and budget would people wish to see in their Taupo digs? I usually get a special at the Hilton for $200 (maybe cheaper share twin) and use the underground car park. Wairaki is also an option but the other end of town. We will likely have a fairly early night as we will be heading out 6 am the next morning to Manfield. Taupo nightlife is fairly non existent from memory unless your into tinny houses or drink a keg night at the Barrel! Figure well either eat at restaurant or head to town for some Indian.

I dont want to make the whole booking thing a lengthy democratic event because like most type A personalities I get bored quickly LOL but please sing up with your contributions now or suffer the wrath of my "good taste"!

For Manfield accommodation I think we will be looking a bit lower rent although I know a nice place in Palmy if we want to avoid Fielding for the after match?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

+ 1 on the Hilton.

Not sure about the Manfield leg accommodation. I spent three unremarkable years at Ohakea Air Base and my first thought is can we start on the way back to Auckland before we settle down for a brewski? Trouble is some will be going further south and how far could we get in a reasonable time?

Quick Reply: NZers Track Tour Spring 2013