Notices

NZers Track Tour Spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Dave - that's great. I didn't lock it in as the girl I spoke to didn't know about it. But looks like that is a good thing.

I think Macca/John and I were good for one and Paul/ChrisB were looking for AN Other to make up a room and Doug just volunteered for that over on the Europacific site. Not sure about Matt's plans? MichaelD is coming down On Fri morning I think so would only be 1 night. PeteM and his partner have booked direct. So just leaves Dave, Matt, Neil, SteveR and Jamie by my calcs plus MichaelR if he's coming as well and any other of Steve's guys.

So looks like:

Macca/John/PeteH - 1 x 3 bed, 2 nights
Chris/Paul/Doug - 1 x 3 bed, 2 nights
PeteM - booked
Dave, Matt, Neil, Steve + team, Jamie, MichaelD - still to sort.

All have e-mails accessible through the Europacific memberlist if we want to chase them down quickly for those that aren't on Rennlist
Ok,
At this stage I will have Mark (the Hilton man) book us in for 4 x 3 bedroom apartments for the nights of 12 and 13 sept. that should at least secure a good chunk of accom and we can mop up the extras when everyone confirms. 12 beds is a good start. Is this the correct forum to reach all track tourists? Will try to book on the basis of no money changing hands yet and a dose of goodwill that we will turn up but we should tie this down soonish to keep our end of the deal

Macca
Pete H
John
Chris
Paul
Doug
Dave
matt
Neil
Jamie
Michael D
Steve and team

So thats 12 plus Steve's unknowns

Let me know what I've missed, I've not met most of you gentlemen so can't picture who might be sleeping in the carpark!

Everyone on for the two nights?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get in touch with Neil, SteveR and Michael D to see if they are interested in rooms and for how many nights. Jamie's on here regularly so sure he will advise.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK I've e-mailed the other guys with details. Will let you know who else is in. May pay to see what deal they can do on standard 1 brms if the numbers don't work out exactly - internet rate was $199.

I suspect once we open up the day to the Taupo only guys there could well be a few more keen to take up the option.

Appreciate you sorting this.

I see Doug has posted over on the Europacific site that his son is a graphic designer and may be able to assist with designing an RG logo. So anyone with creative ideas post them up or send directly to Doug (you can e-mail him via the Europacific memberlist.)
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 360 Posts

Agree, that fits in very well with the Porsche Club day on the Saturday so there should be quite a few more doing that. Mind you we don't need anyone extra to get us out there. Really looking forward to this, it's my Porsche Parade. Next Year will be the icing on the cake.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I'll get in touch with Neil, SteveR and Michael D to see if they are interested in rooms and for how many nights. Jamie's on here regularly so sure he will advise.
Good stuff,
Thanks for that.
My running list of guys and beds sounds about right then.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Good stuff,
Thanks for that.
My running list of guys and beds sounds about right then.
Neil will be there for 2 nights but as he will get in v late on Thurs has asked for a single room.

Steve and Daniel would like a twin room also for 2 nights (subject to amendment if Steve's wife comes along - he'll confirm this week.)

So looking like 3 x 3 brms plus a single and a twin. Then another single (MichaelD) for just one night?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Ok, give it a couple of days then we will lock in.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

It's unlikely that I can get away from work on the Thursday as well so will only need one night at the Hilton Friday night (how much will that be?). I'll be fine for Manfield as home is only an hour away. Anyone wanting to head south for a bit is welcome to stay if they want. You could visit Southwards Car Museum if you have never been there http://www.southwardcarmuseum.co.nz/
Old 05-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Hi,
Cool as, I better get your first name, I can't quite connect the tags to the names yet. So that would be a single room? I don't know the rate but it will be less than advertised.
In a couple of days pending confirmation from the few outstanding, I will put out a list of who and what. That will be it for the core group. I want to hit him up once without lots of changes.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:57 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
Hi,
Cool as, I better get your first name, I can't quite connect the tags to the names yet. So that would be a single room? I don't know the rate but it will be less than advertised.
In a couple of days pending confirmation from the few outstanding, I will put out a list of who and what. That will be it for the core group. I want to hit him up once without lots of changes.
To be honest I didn't quite understand the rooms/rates posted earlier. I don't mind being in a unit with multiple rooms or a single room whatever works. Just don't book me in the penthouse otherwise I'll have to sneak Macca's credit card when he's not looking.

I've PM'd my name and contact number.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:23 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Dave, thanks for herding the cats on this. I'm Michael D and I'll be driving to Taupo Friday morning so just need the 1 night. Happy to share an apartment with others if there are any rooms still going, otherwise a single will be great thanks.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Hi Dave, thanks for herding the cats on this. I'm Michael D and I'll be driving to Taupo Friday morning so just need the 1 night. Happy to share an apartment with others if there are any rooms still going, otherwise a single will be great thanks.
No worries, working out ok so far.
Unconfirmed is;
Steve R and Daniel (pending the decision on Steve's wife)
Jamie
Michael R

Correct me if I'm wrong. Final list coming and a day or two.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:21 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Just a thought. Maybe someone here can organise having a dozen window screen banners produced for our RennSport Gruppe inaugural September Track Tour. Red vinyl with white lettering below would look really good on most of the cars IMHO and make us look like an organised group for the three days!

Could someone take over this task? Im sure we would all be happy to pay for these to give our group something to stand out with....the 50th Anniversary of the 911 logo is another worth considering....
I've approached Redline Signs for an indication of windscreen banner costs etc. Shane from Chicane mentioned them. Thomas will come back by email. Questions are what design and how many? To date I've sensed something simple is best unless we have budding design talents out there. Also in numbers it would be best to cover a couple of uses each. I don't think these will be that expensive. The bigger hassle is commissioning and pick up.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
I've approached Redline Signs for an indication of windscreen banner costs etc. Shane from Chicane mentioned them. Thomas will come back by email. Questions are what design and how many? To date I've sensed something simple is best unless we have budding design talents out there. Also in numbers it would be best to cover a couple of uses each. I don't think these will be that expensive. The bigger hassle is commissioning and pick up.
I don't want mine too loud as its a daily driver so will go with a black banner red writing if that fits in with what you are planning?
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure whether red will stand out against black if we use the Porsche font. Need someone to show me the look.

As for use I hadn't expected people to keep these on the car after the run, but we can take that possibility into account.

I'll use mine for the runs and keep a number to allow for a new one if I decide I don't like the look on a DD.

Quick Reply: NZers Track Tour Spring 2013