Notices

NZers Track Tour Spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think people will need to work together to book their accommodation at the Hilton. Its a litle outside of my remit.

Ill put a reservation in for a 3 bedroom apartment for yourself, myself and Peter if that's ok with you guys. Thursday night we can always get takeaways and spend some time preparing the cars. Dont worry John you wont be the bride LOL! We will be staying Thurs and Fri night.

Perhaps the others can group together during the next HD day and block book apartments in groups of two or three.

Its probably a good idea for us to use Tonys suggestion in Fielding. Id imagine a few of the other Playday drivers will be staying there. Ill look into costs.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I think people will need to work together to book their accommodation at the Hilton. Its a litle outside of my remit.

Ill put a reservation in for a 3 bedroom apartment for yourself, myself and Peter if that's ok with you guys. Thursday night we can always get takeaways and spend some time preparing the cars. Dont worry John you wont be the bride LOL! We will be staying Thurs and Fri night.

Perhaps the others can group together during the next HD day and block book apartments in groups of two or three.

Its probably a good idea for us to use Tonys suggestion in Fielding. Id imagine a few of the other Playday drivers will be staying there. Ill look into costs.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Gents. Ive indicated to Tony most of us will be interested in an ICEBREAKER at the HD Playday on the 7th September. Im sure at least 8 out of our group will want to attend if nothing else to shake down our cars and have any last minutes adjustments made over the following days and preceding the track tour. I recommend we take it easy on the day, primarily concentrate on tyre temps, camber, sway bars and shocks (if adjustable). No broken gear....
Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Appreciate that thanks - I'm in for the 2 nights.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Gents. Ive indicated to Tony most of us will be interested in an ICEBREAKER at the HD Playday on the 7th September. Im sure at least 8 out of our group will want to attend if nothing else to shake down our cars and have any last minutes adjustments made over the following days and preceding the track tour. I recommend we take it easy on the day, primarily concentrate on tyre temps, camber, sway bars and shocks (if adjustable). No broken gear....
Sounds good. Not sure I have much left to break but you never know
Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Sounds good. Not sure I have much left to break but you never know
Its me breaking the car I'm most worried about truth be told! Its all very easy on a dry track over summer and all so very different in the rain on a cold Septembers day....
Old 05-23-2013, 04:06 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Its me breaking the car I'm most worried about truth be told! Its all very easy on a dry track over summer and all so very different in the rain on a cold Septembers day....
You just need three words Four Wheel Drive
Old 05-23-2013, 04:13 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
You just need three words Four Wheel Drive
How about these three - Famous Last Words LOL!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

How about these three - Famous Last Words LOL!
Better than Did Not Finish .....
Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I note no comments from Peter on this subject LOL!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
I'll drive from Hamilton to Taupo on the Friday morning. Hilton sounds fine -- I am tempted by Matt's generous offer, but it's probably easier to stick together, especially with the early start Saturday. Somebody will probably need to wake me up...

I don't have a preference for Palmy. I've only been there once, for a weekend when I was young. I remember just 2 things about the trip: our accommodation was like a prison, and it was bitterly cold the whole time. As long as they don't charge by the hour I'll trust your judgement Macca!
I was born down there - bloody cold and windy!! Mind you I now live in taupo. Hermmmm.......
Old 05-23-2013, 03:56 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I note no comments from Peter on this subject LOL!
Based on recent posts for me its 'Keeping Fingers Crossed...'
Old 05-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Based on recent posts for me its 'Keeping Fingers Crossed...'
Sorry Pete. I was being a bit obtuse. Was referring to the C4 in the wet....
Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi folks

A business associate has an interest in the Taupo Hilton and I was chatting yesterday suggesting that we might stay there. He will make sure we are looked after, just mention "Porsche group" arriving 12-13 sept when booking. Good idea Macca, sort out who and What at the next HD event.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Dave. Thats great. Well definitely do that. Peter - could you email Hilton for a quote and if you have to pay up front PM your account details and Ill get the money to you this weekend. Im sure John will do likewise....

Quick Reply: NZers Track Tour Spring 2013