Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016 | 01:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yes, Tomas has now owned three of my past cars including the 993RS. Like you Im a good bloke to buy cars from LOL!
Old 11-22-2016 | 01:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca, I've spec'd my 718. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHU9IRZ1 Now I just have to work out how to order it. Hint....

Figure it will be about $88,350 landed, based on your rule of thumb.
Old 11-22-2016 | 02:45 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Macca, I've spec'd my 718. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHU9IRZ1 Now I just have to work out how to order it. Hint.... Figure it will be about $88,350 landed, based on your rule of thumb.
John, are you going full circle? (Cayman R flick experience). You should try the RS60 manual shift some time. Intoxicating.
Old 11-22-2016 | 03:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
John, are you going full circle? (Cayman R flick experience). You should try the RS60 manual shift some time. Intoxicating.
Need to keep you honest when Lola gets passed over for the road trips! I basically see this as a cheap way of owning a brand new Porker. Has to be different from the 964 and commuter friendly, which is why I'd go PDK again.
Old 11-22-2016 | 03:59 AM
Pel
Pro

Good choice with the seats, when I look at this, you could spec with a manual and be similar money to a ropey old air cooled car off TM, two years warranty, still offering a real driver experience. The whole argument for old cars goes out the window.
Old 11-22-2016 | 04:16 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pel
Must be a 996 thing, if I leave the keys in the ignition of the GT3 the battery goes flat also.

I was in Pukehina last week, great spot.

Good to hear the kit worked out, more cost and faulty module aside, sounds like your enjoying it, I miss that car.

Macca, I shared a garage with Thomas & Scott for the day, great guys, gotta say I was most taken by the old 968CS, what a mint car!
No, it's a Porsche thing - keeps all the computers and can bus etc powered on if you leave the key in.
Old 11-22-2016 | 04:40 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Macca, I've spec'd my 718. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHU9IRZ1 Now I just have to work out how to order it. Hint....

Figure it will be about $88,350 landed, based on your rule of thumb.
81 quid for an extra 10L in the fuel tank seems like a good option John?
Old 11-22-2016 | 04:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Looks good John. Really like the colour. The standard wheels actually look good and for $800 can probably be sprayed matt black once landed if you wanted. I specced a similar one this morning for mid 70s (manual, standard seats no extra leather but graphite metallic blue paint - red and black interior). When I last ran the calculations the exchange was 0.584, now its 0.566. Your car landed and on road is approx 92K NZD. There is 15K NZD of options on that order. Personally Id drop the seats and wait of the exchange rate to get the car into the mid 80s. For mid 80s you can probably own this for little more than what you will get for teh project car. Mad really when you consider this is maintenance free motoring fior 2 years. Change the pads, fluid and put the car on 221 and I suspect it will be putting in 1.15s or 16s all day long

Last edited by Macca; 11-22-2016 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2016 | 05:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Looks good John. Really like the colour. The standard wheels actually look good and for $800 can probably be sprayed matt black once landed if you wanted. I specced a similar one this morning for mid 70s (manual, standard seats no extra leather but graphite metallic blue paint - red and black interior). When I last ran the calculations the exchange was 0.584, now its 0.566. Your car landed and on road is approx 92K NZD. There is 15K NZD of options on that order. Personally Id drop the seats and wait of the exchange rate to get the car into the mid 80s. For mid 80s you can probably own this for little more than what you will get for teh project car. Mad really when you consider this is maintenance free motoring fior 2 years. Change the pads, fluid and put the car on 221 and I suspect it will be putting in 1.15s or 16s all day long at HD. PM me if you want a hook up when/if you are ready to go.
Ok, redone. A pox on anyone that orders sports buckets http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6Y6M40
Old 11-22-2016 | 02:40 PM
shiraz
Racer

Great news. I think we have all seen the images. The roads in and out of Kaikoura are munted and will probably stay that way for a considerable time so I hope he's one of the lucky ones that can make a living while they sort it out.
Finally have power again, met yesterday with govt minister, road north may take 12 months or more.
some parts of the coast have had up to 4 m uplift. Everything is out water
Old 11-22-2016 | 02:56 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Good to hear that things are improving on the east coast. I feel for you guys - I expect the lower population count will mean it gets less focus than a densely populated area (although that may not be the case?), and as you say complete repairs will take a significant amount of time. Not good timing given the number of businesses/people that rely on the summer tourist trade.
Old 11-22-2016 | 04:19 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shiraz
Finally have power again, met yesterday with govt minister, road north may take 12 months or more.
some parts of the coast have had up to 4 m uplift. Everything is out water
Judging by the Southern Alps, and the I guess the tendency is for the land to rise, but I suppose we should all still be grateful that there weren't 4m drops instead.

Ok, redone. A pox on anyone that orders sports buckets http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6Y6M40
Nice. Didn't check your second order but dual xenons and rain sensitive wiper (with autodim mirrors) would tempt me if she is also to be a commuter as you say. Park assist, the car looks nicer without it, but if it saves a bumper sometime (anyone else ever driving?) maybe worth it?

Last edited by 996tnz; 11-24-2016 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2016 | 04:29 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nzskater
Good to hear that things are improving on the east coast. I feel for you guys - I expect the lower population count will mean it gets less focus than a densely populated area (although that may not be the case?), and as you say complete repairs will take a significant amount of time. Not good timing given the number of businesses/people that rely on the summer tourist trade.
I suspect they'll open the inland route reasonably quickly for general traffic in an out. And they'll fix some less threatened local stretches of the coastal routes before too long. But they would probably want most of those overhanging hillsides on the riskier stretches to be tested by at least one winter's worth of rain before deciding what to do with them. So probably years at best to drive it end to end again, all going well? If the seabed uplift coincided with the most slip prone areas, at least it would provide more potential space for the road to skirt those areas? But unlikely to be the case in most places I suppose.
Old 11-23-2016 | 02:00 AM
shiraz
Racer

getting a bit frustrated online, have tried several times to post to no avail.
Hope they don't ruin inland road for driving ( a bit selfish, I know). Had meeting with S Joyce yest, today was A Little ( sorry for pun). Tomorrow J Key. North road to Blenhein will likely be more than a yr, Sth to Chch likely a couple months rather than long wait.
cheers - D
Old 11-23-2016 | 03:33 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Need to keep you honest when Lola gets passed over for the road trips! I basically see this as a cheap way of owning a brand new Porker. Has to be different from the 964 and commuter friendly, which is why I'd go PDK again.
Go take one for a drive JMc - you may not like it. A few people in the club got to drive the new boxter and didn't like it. I didn't get to drive it so can't speak.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?