It's Official: Lewis Hamilton is a COMPLETE IDIOT

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Now can Rosberg outdrive Hamilton? That would be interesting.
I could certainly be wrong, but I doubt Rosberg will be able to outdrive Hamilton.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Money and management aside, I think Lewis is like the kid leaving home to get out from under his parents wings - he may fly or crash and burn..
Good analogy. The other option other than fly or crash and burn is "cast adrift in mediocrity" between 4th and 12th place race after race with a car that is not a front runner.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wonder if Senna, who Hamilton always compares himself to, ever gave a $hit what Prost thought of him. This is all you need to know about Hamilton and his level of maturity.

Hamilton hits out at Button on Twitter

8 October 2012

Lewis Hamilton has been forced to apologise to outgoing McLaren team-mate Jenson Button after accusing him of being disrespectful. The outburst came on Twitter following Sunday’s Japanese Grand Prix.

Hamilton and Twitter have accompanied each other in several news stories already this year, not least after the 2008 World Champion was posting profanities and then tweeted telemetry information after qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix.

'I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn’t' - Lewis Hamilton

On Sunday, he believed Button had stopped following him on the social networking site.

‘Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, that’s a shame,’ Hamilton typed. ‘After three years as team-mates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn’t. Funny thing is, we are STILL team-mates! All good tho, I plan on giving this team & fans all I got til I cross the finish line in Brazil!!!’

Approximately one hour later, Hamilton posted the following when it came to his attention that Button had in fact never followed him:

‘My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don’t blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!’

Button was yet to post anything on Twitter until Monday morning, choosing to ignore the Hamilton comments and instead congratulate Kamui Kobayashi on what was the Sauber driver’s maiden Formula 1 podium finish in his home race.

‘Congratulations @Kamui_Kobayashi on your first F1 podium..extra special in front of your home crowd. #almostgotya!’ said Button.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

hahahahahahaha @norberthaug and @mercedesamg this guy is your headache now. good luck.. @unclerondennis...
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Hamilton hits out at Button on Twitter
There used to be a time (and it wasn't all that long ago) when if people had a disagreement with each other that they would talk to each other face to face. But now people feel the need to slam each other on Twitter. If Twitter was supposed to make the world a better place, it is having the exact opposite effect.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
There used to be a time (and it wasn't all that long ago) when if people had a disagreement with each other that they would talk to each other face to face. But now people feel the need to slam each other on Twitter. If Twitter was supposed to make the world a better place, it is having the exact opposite effect.
+1

This tweet generation is just bunch of friggin' pussies as Lewis so nicely points out. Crying about someone not being your "tweet friend", for heavens sake!!

Kudos to Button for ignoring it.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+1

This tweet generation is just bunch of friggin' pussies as Lewis so nicely points out. Crying about someone not being your "tweet friend", for heavens sake!!

Kudos to Button for ignoring it.
Of course he ignored it, Button never knew he wrote it because he doesnt follow him on twitter

I must be getting old. I thought teammates were supposed to work together, share data, work on set ups. Etc. if you have an issue with someone, especially your teammate do you air dirty laundry for a global audience? Hamilton has gone Hollywood IMHO. All publicity is good publicity in Hollywood
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Button = the high road
Lewis = Sesame Street
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried hard to hang in there with LH because I respect his driving. But this is just sooo childish. He clearly needs to shut down his Twitter account (and grow up).
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

Money and management aside, I think Lewis is like the kid leaving home to get out from under his parents wings - he may fly or crash and burn.
BINGO. I think he felt owned. And he was. He has millions and he can do whatever he wants- they probably lowballed and he said FU. That took courage IMO.

And anybody who compares his whining to Villenueve doesn't remember much about Villeneuve. Read what NASCAR fans are saying about him now. That guy can't even pass Danica Patrick. And then he whines about that. No one in F1, let alone Hamilton, has ascended to that level of whining.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

I tweeted back at Hamilton that he should get his head IN the car and out of useless crap like twitter. The irony is not lost on me.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Default What a difference the new power unit made....

Whatever you think of Lewis Hamilton, his move from McLaren to Mercedes worked out very well for him.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:55 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Whatever you think of Lewis Hamilton, his move from McLaren to Mercedes worked out very well for him.
That it did. Obviously when Mercedes GP went knocking on Lewis's door looking to recruit him, they knew something that few others knew. I am sure they told him, forget about the 2013 season, we have special in the works starting from 2014 and beyond. If not for some rare reliability issues the Mercs had in Canada and Austria along with the collision Rosberg and Hamilton had with each other at Spa, the Mercs could have, should have won every race in 2014. It was not even close. Unless the other teams can seriously close the gap next year, look for Hamilton to repeat again as WDC in 2015. Rosberg proved to be every good as Hamilton in single lap qualifying pace, but Hamilton is clearly the better racer on Sunday when it counts.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 PM
redleg321
Racer

Wow. Great thread to revive given this season's results!

Stellar performance from the merc boys this year. Well done indeed.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

For some reason, I think that this thread "Vettel joins Ferrari" will not have the same happy ending. We'll see in a few years.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Lewis Hamilton is a COMPLETE IDIOT