adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always an entertaining thread to necro
Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Lewis had the too best quotes of the weekend, in addition to dominating the race.

1) "Lewis how does it feel to be the hunted?" Lewis: "I'm the hunter." Then to Arnold on the podium. "I thought you were taller."

Love him or hate him, the guy can drive and is relentless in his pursuit of wins.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:04 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,141 Likes on 1,848 Posts

I didn't search - did anyone start a related thread last year titled "Sebasian Vettel is a COMPLETE IDIOT"?

It looks like Vettel knew when to jump ship as well - although not into a totally dominant car.

Do you think Alonso is watching youtube videos on how to tie a hangman's noose?
Old 03-15-2015, 04:33 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 944 Likes on 575 Posts

Fred's back in 1995 so he's worried about the engine on his go-kart...

(and yes, the comment to Arnold about his height was a classic!)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vettel's move was predictable and safe. Red Bull was/is in declining shape with the loss of talent, Ricciardo was obviously better at driving the new car and the Renault power plant continues to be abysmal. Ferrari was making a commitment to add talent from the middle of 2014.

I also think that McLaren/Honda will not look like such as bad change when they get the motor running properly. It would be hard to imagine that Honda engineering is not on par with Mercedes, especially if you consider what Honda has done over the last 2 decades.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:37 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
I don't think he's an idiot at all, and I wouldn't be surprised to this partnership thrive. Life was clearly not all peachy for him at McLaren, and this could fit his style better.
Originally Posted by gums
And the right move this year is by Alonso. You can't tell me he doesn't have insight into what Honda is bringing on.
Gums this last call drops your batting avg. back down to 500. But still 500 better than the OP.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:44 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I didn't search - did anyone start a related thread last year titled "Sebasian Vettel is a COMPLETE IDIOT"?

It looks like Vettel knew when to jump ship as well - although not into a totally dominant car.

Do you think Alonso is watching youtube videos on how to tie a hangman's noose?
Vettel jumped ship? I guess that's one way to put it. He should thank Ricciardo for joining last season and not the year before. Vettel might have been the one in the McLaren now and not ALonso.

In the long-term, Redbull have a better organized team. They won four titles in their first 9 seasons. Meanwhile Ferrari once went nearly twenty years without winning a title rescued only by a management team that are long gone now.
Vettel's knack for good timing and luck is back it seems.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:37 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,371 Likes on 1,997 Posts

One year does not a pattern make. A lot of people discounted Vettel with Ricciardo's incredible year in 2014. I'm a big Ricciardo fan and think he is a great racer, but I also don't think Vettel forgot how to drive after winning 4 WDC. Case in point is that this year's Ferrari was built specifically to Kimi's liking specifically the front suspension geometry and Vettel, at least after the first weekend, beat him all weekend and had him beat before Kimi's DNF. It's hard to say if Kimi might be done as a driver, but what would I have paid to see Vettel and Alonso both in the Ferrari today and see how it would have turned out.

with re: to Hamilton, he's saying all the right things and got away from the hollywood girlfriend... again.... classic line about Arnold's height on the podium. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think LH has signed a new contract extension with MB. Last I read, MB wanted to resign him, but LH was hesitant.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:22 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Originally Posted by Pete
Last I read, MB wanted to resign him, but LH was hesitant.
was.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:28 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
One year does not a pattern make. A lot of people discounted Vettel with Ricciardo's incredible year in 2014. I'm a big Ricciardo fan and think he is a great racer, but I also don't think Vettel forgot how to drive after winning 4 WDC. Case in point is that this year's Ferrari was built specifically to Kimi's liking specifically the front suspension geometry and Vettel, at least after the first weekend, beat him all weekend and had him beat before Kimi's DNF. It's hard to say if Kimi might be done as a driver, but what would I have paid to see Vettel and Alonso both in the Ferrari today and see how it would have turned out.

with re: to Hamilton, he's saying all the right things and got away from the hollywood girlfriend... again.... classic line about Arnold's height on the podium. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think LH has signed a new contract extension with MB. Last I read, MB wanted to resign him, but LH was hesitant.
Pete,

He is still under contract for this year and is close to signing a new contract. I love it that he is not using the number 1. It shows he is still hungry. Lauda has taken him under his wing and it shows. The line about Arnold shows he has a sense of humor and does not take himself too seriously.

I love Riccardo. His smile is infectious. I am willing to bet he wakes up every morning thinking "they pay me to drive F1 cars". A good guy
Old 03-16-2015, 08:40 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28
Pete,

He is still under contract for this year and is close to signing a new contract. I love it that he is not using the number 1. It shows he is still hungry. Lauda has taken him under his wing and it shows. The line about Arnold shows he has a sense of humor and does not take himself too seriously.

I love Riccardo. His smile is infectious. I am willing to bet he wakes up every morning thinking "they pay me to drive F1 cars". A good guy
Every time he is interviewed that is the sense I get.

LH seems extremely loose and confident.

Nico seems to be trying to play the part of a loose guy with a sense of humor but has been horribly miscast. You can't even blame it on his being German as Vettel is actually doing a pretty good job with comedy if you watched the interview after the race. His banter with Nico about his claims that he wants more competition and closer racing was pretty funny.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:20 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

I'm going to bump this thread every time Hamilton wins a race.

Predictions?
Old 03-16-2015, 01:15 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by perfectlap

Predictions?
I predict that we did that all last year.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:23 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap

Predictions?
I predict that eventually it will become annoying and childish.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,371 Likes on 1,997 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
I predict that eventually it will become annoying and childish.
A semi yearly necro (love that term) bump would be better served. One after the first race of the season and one after the last because it's a foregone conclusion that it's Hamilton's WDC which gives an indication of the level of competition after 1 race and 19 to go. The only way Hamilton doesn't win it is an injury which keeps him out of that car for more than 7 races.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Lewis Hamilton is a COMPLETE IDIOT