Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official: Lewis Hamilton is a COMPLETE IDIOT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 215 Likes on 131 Posts

Having Lauda whispering in his ear is smart. He made a statement, pole, win, FTD. He's showing more maturity. Now he just needs a new barber. No way Lewis leaves MB voluntarily. Why would he leave? You are pretty much assured of starting every race on the front row. Makes it a lot easier to win. Anyone who has ever competed in anything knows that winning beats the heck out of losing.

I think Honda will sort out their teething pains. They've won in F1 before, they will again unless the McLaren chassis turns out to be a turd.

Vettel did a lot to counter comments that he can only do well when he has the best car. Would have been interesting to see where Kimi would have been if he didn't retire. He was clicking off fast laps before that messed up pit stop that finished him.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

True but everyone knows that things don't stay the same forever and at some point, the MBF1 will not be the dominant car it is today.

Give Mercedes all the credit in the world for making the best engine out there on the grid, but it does make for boring racing. Red Bull is now saying they may quit, Massa is convinced Mercedes is not supplying, i.e. detuning the customer Mercedes engines, and Bernie is backing RBR in "equalization" of engine.

Not fair? Yes, but we saw it during the dominate Ferrari days with Michael Schumacher when the FIA were changing the rules every year until they found the right one (1 set of tires for an entire race) and they did it with RBR with the removal of the double diffuser, exhaust etc.

Mercedes always has the trump card of saying that the engine rules are not frozen this year, so everyone can have at it all they want within the engine spec rules and they have a point.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:33 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
True but everyone knows that things don't stay the same forever and at some point, the MBF1 will not be the dominant car it is today.

Give Mercedes all the credit in the world for making the best engine out there on the grid, but it does make for boring racing. Red Bull is now saying they may quit, Massa is convinced Mercedes is not supplying, i.e. detuning the customer Mercedes engines, and Bernie is backing RBR in "equalization" of engine.

Not fair? Yes, but we saw it during the dominate Ferrari days with Michael Schumacher when the FIA were changing the rules every year until they found the right one (1 set of tires for an entire race) and they did it with RBR with the removal of the double diffuser, exhaust etc.

Mercedes always has the trump card of saying that the engine rules are not frozen this year, so everyone can have at it all they want within the engine spec rules and they have a point.
Well said Pete... I agree.

We all know the domination is not perpetual. Somebody else will eventually win. My pick would be either Ferrari or Honda.

I believe near the end of the season, we will see Ferrari getting closer and closer to Mercedes... 2016 will be a dogfight.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:44 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,767 Posts

The only possible move is Hammy to Ferrari in 2016 to replace Kimi if he doesn't get his $hit together this year.

That being said, I think that is pretty far fetched. LH knows his best chance of adding to his WC is wit Merc for now.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:38 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo

I believe near the end of the season, we will see Ferrari getting closer and closer to Mercedes... 2016 will be a dogfight.
dog fight maybe but not from Ferrari. Engines per driver go down to 4 from 5.
Ferrari will not be able to risk development at the cost of reliability if they want to keep Williams, RB, FI from walking away with their constructors 'merit money' = $$,$$$,$$$

Last edited by perfectlap; 03-17-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:36 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by perfectlap
Don't be so sure... Jock Clear is starting at Ferrari very soon. I think that will be a change that builds a strong foundation for progress. Jock has plenty of experience working with F1 champions, and champions teams. He will bring a lot of knowledge to Ferrari after helping Mercedes build to what they are now. No man is an island, but Jock is a very important piece of the puzzle... Hopefully!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:21 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Originally Posted by PPo
Don't be so sure... Jock Clear is starting at Ferrari very soon. I think that will be a change that builds a strong foundation for progress. Jock has plenty of experience working with F1 champions, and champions teams. He will bring a lot of knowledge to Ferrari after helping Mercedes build to what they are now. No man is an island, but Jock is a very important piece of the puzzle... Hopefully!
I can't take any English speaking person seriously who spells his name that way...
Old 03-17-2015, 03:48 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't take any English speaking person seriously who spells his name that way...
I can understand that. I cannot take any poster here from New Jersey seriously.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:23 PM
PPo
Drifting

Je m'excuse pour mon pauvre francais monsieur PerfectLap.

That is exactly how his name is spelled... Tell his parents, not me...
Old 03-17-2015, 06:24 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by PPo
Je m'excuse pour mon pauvre francais monsieoru PerfectLap.

That is exactly how his name is spelled... Tell his parents, not me...
Awww... dognabbit... You meant you can't take Jock seriously... well then...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Awww... dognabbit... You meant you can't take Jock seriously... well then...
Maybe it's short for Jocularity?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:53 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Ferrari will not be able to risk development at the cost of reliability if they want to keep Williams, RB, FI from walking away with their constructors 'merit money' = $$,$$$,$$$
Originally Posted by PPo
Making more power without risking DNF is not possible for Ferrari. Especially Ferrari. The days of the bullet proof Ferrari are but an old memory now.
Jock Clear is not Jean Todt. Definitely not Ross Brawn.

I give it another 3 races (tops) before Ferrari write off both championships and are simply in best of the rest mode. Reliability will be the name of the game for anyone not Merc this year. Those merit money points are life blood for F1 teams now. They are going to be trying their hardest to stay with 4 engines per driver. That means no big gambles engine wise.

As for McLaren, I give it six months before Ron Dennis tries something dodgy to keep from starting every race from the hotel parking lot, but is sold out by spies still loyal to Whitmarsh or simply hate him for being a tier 1 douche.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:41 PM
PPo
Drifting

I give it another 3 races (tops) before Ferrari write off both championships and are simply in best of the rest mode.
3 races?!??! I would think they are already trying to achieve best of the rest this year. They will have to fight to achieve that as well... it will not come easy.

I think Ferrari will get closer to Mercedes this year, but I would be surprised if Mercedes gives up a first place finish in a race that was dry, without incident, and without car failure.

Only luck and Mercedes misfortune will result in a non-Mercedes winner for this entire year.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:15 AM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, it's the end of another season and that idiot is a 3X WDC!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:23 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by KWP1911
Well, it's the end of another season and that idiot is a 3X WDC!
...and I still wish Ferrari to compete in the future.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Lewis Hamilton is a COMPLETE IDIOT