Rennlist Member

Received 1,527 Likes on 806 Posts
Default Vettel joins Ferrari

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...ree-year-deal/
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

He will not podium once, get frustrated, quit F1 in 2 years. Cue the Vettel fanboys in 3, 2, 1, ...
Old 11-20-2014, 11:33 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

wow...........who saw that comin??????? is Kimi going back to snowmobiles?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 938 Posts

McLaren + Honda + Alonso. The potential is there. It'll be interesting to see if Honda can deliver in year 1.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:51 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,135 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Zsolt Baumgartner must be ready for a comeback year.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:23 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,688 Likes on 1,706 Posts

"Its going to be just like when Michael was at Ferrari, except for the winning part."
Old 11-20-2014, 12:38 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

"Its going to be just like when Michael was at Ferrari, except for the winning part."
LMFAO!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:05 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbossolo
He will not podium once, get frustrated, quit F1 in 2 years. Cue the Vettel fanboys in 3, 2, 1, ...
I am certainly not a Vettel fanboy, but to claim that he will not podium once a period of 2 years is a bit extreme. He is a solid driver... and Ferrari will not give up fighting... He will be in the show for sure next year.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Ferrari hasn't been able to develop a competitive car in the last what, 5-6 years? Even with Alonso, who is superb at chassis development and communicating with his engineers, they haven't been able to do much. Vettel has proven he's excellent when he has a car setup to his liking, and everything going right for him. What happens when that is not the case? Just look at his results this year. Mark my words- he will NOT do well at the scuderia.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:01 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,150 Likes on 1,857 Posts

Ferrari hasn't been able to develop a competitive car in the last what, 5-6 years? Even with Alonso, who is superb at chassis development and communicating with his engineers, they haven't been able to do much. Vettel has proven he's excellent when he has a car setup to his liking, and everything going right for him. What happens when that is not the case? Just look at his results this year. Mark my words- he will NOT do well at the scuderia.
This statement is not true. In the 4 consecutive WDC that Vettel won, Alonso was still in it down to the last race on 2 of the 4 years... meaning the car was competitive. A pit strategy covering Webber and not Vettel lost one and Vettel coming through the field after a spin at Interlagos was the other. Give Vettel credit there.

Second, Alonso can extract the most out of a car, no doubt... but is he not "suberb" at chassis development. No one is any longer given the draconian rule set as it relates to testing both in season and in the off season. The engineers/designers are on their own for the most part and any significant developments and bit parts are made Monday-Friday in the wind tunnel.

No doubt Vettel has suffered from the way the car feels this year compared to Riccardo, but to be fair, he had a ton of mechanical issues that Ricciardo did not. Bottomline is that Vettel is not has good as we had thought, Webber is worse than anyone could have ever imagined and Riccardo is the real deal and a future WDC no doubt.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:22 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Bottomline is that Vettel is not has good as we had thought, Webber is worse than anyone could have ever imagined and Riccardo is the real deal and a future WDC no doubt.
I think this is something we can all pretty well agree on. How Webber could show his face at F1 races this year is completely beyond me.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:23 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

He will not podium once, get frustrated, quit F1 in 2 years. Cue the Vettel haters' pile on in 3, 2, 1, ...
Fixed it for you.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:51 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottomline is that Vettel is not has good as we had thought, Webber is worse than anyone could have ever imagined and Riccardo is the real deal and a future WDC no doubt.
I personally find great fault in the logic that people apply to these sorts of "equations". This is saying that, if Riccardo, Webber, and Vettel where all in the same car, for x consecutive races, you are predicting the outcome will be Riccardo, Vettel, and finally Webber most often. Or that the average race result will be in that order. This is where I call BS... there are simply WAY too many variables to make this comparison. I wish it was that easy... If this was the case, why did Ferrari make the wrong choice? Shouldn't they hire Riccardo?... all that experience and money, and they pick the wrong driver? Maybe they know something that we don't...

Vettel will do well at Ferrari... he will podium.

My opinion is that Vettel will do better at Ferrari next year than Alonso did this year!! But this is not saying that Vettel is the better driver...
Old 11-20-2014, 07:06 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

This statement is not true. In the 4 consecutive WDC that Vettel won, Alonso was still in it down to the last race on 2 of the 4 years... meaning the car was competitive. A pit strategy covering Webber and not Vettel lost one and Vettel coming through the field after a spin at Interlagos was the other. Give Vettel credit there.

Second, Alonso can extract the most out of a car, no doubt... but is he not "suberb" at chassis development. No one is any longer given the draconian rule set as it relates to testing both in season and in the off season. The engineers/designers are on their own for the most part and any significant developments and bit parts are made Monday-Friday in the wind tunnel.

No doubt Vettel has suffered from the way the car feels this year compared to Riccardo, but to be fair, he had a ton of mechanical issues that Ricciardo did not. Bottomline is that Vettel is not has good as we had thought, Webber is worse than anyone could have ever imagined and Riccardo is the real deal and a future WDC no doubt.
Originally Posted by pontifex4
I think this is something we can all pretty well agree on. How Webber could show his face at F1 races this year is completely beyond me.
Seriously, you Webber haters have not a single clue. It's so funny. When one speaks to people who know F1 and read / listen to decent motorsport journalism to hear how well regarded Webber is in the F1 fratenity it makes me wonder what world you guys live in? Perhaps his forthright comments are not understood in an overly PC and 'Bernie Kowtowing Kulture'. It's not just a jingoistic knee jerk reaction to support a fellow countryman. I'd stick up for any driver that repeatedly gets knocked by parties that seem to be ignorant of their standing in the profession. Do agree that Ricciardo is the real deal and a superior talent to Webber but to repeatedly describe Webber as a no talent bum is churlish and childish. Quite clearly Webber didn't have the same support that the then Golden Boy Vettel did. Nor did he have the same quality car on some occasions, but that seems to be forgotten during the blind bashing sessions. It's either "Webber had the best car on the grid (wrong) and still couldn't win the WDC" or if he did win a race it was "Well, he does have the best car on the grid. Anyone could win a race with that." Eat cake much...???
Old 11-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 196 Posts

I love my Oris F1 Mark Webber watch😜

Quick Reply: Vettel joins Ferrari