Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paradisenb
When is your next race? Make sure we all know when, where, what color your car is and what number you have. Just curious. Not to avoid you or anything.
I really wanted to make Road Atlanta my first race, for a couple of reasons. But I've got a lot of work ahead of me. I'll have the frame straightened, but I'll do the rest of it, so it will be very time consuming (took me 3 months to paint it the first time!). If I change the color scheme, it won't be much different. There's a shot I may do my rookie race at some other venue, Roebling Road is the only other track I've driven, but it is usually at the same time as PRI.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:01 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

When it let go, all I could think about was getting offline ASAP since it was right past the flag stand. When I looked in my mirror all I saw was smoke until a 911 went flying by. Did not see two of them. Next thought was about a fire. Luckily, it was just smoke.

Alan, not sure what we are going to do with it. If I put a motor in it, it will be fresh. I may just sell it as is. Since it was really going to be the wife's DE car, I'll let her decide.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
If I change the color scheme, it won't be much different. There's a shot I may do my rookie race at some other venue, Roebling Road is the only other track I've driven, but it is usually at the same time as PRI.
Other than the little scratches and a couple dents in the front, I like the color scheme and the car looked great. Why change it??

Do Roebling! We'll have a blast.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by f1rocks
Other than the little scratches and a couple dents in the front, I like the color scheme and the car looked great. Why change it??

Do Roebling! We'll have a blast.
Just tweaks. Like a satin white, rather than gloss, so any imperfections won't be glaring. Maybe a more Carrera white than Alpine, which has a cream-like appearance to it. But I do like hte white and gold look.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

So you'll change color on the whole car.....you're nucking futs.....

We're just gonna chip it anyway. Keep it the same color, save paint!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by f1rocks
So you'll change color on the whole car.....you're nucking futs.....

We're just gonna chip it anyway. Keep it the same color, save paint!!
Yes, I know. But I make most Type-A's look laid back. Besides, if I plan on painting the whole thing, I can ditch the speed brakes known as sideview mirrors, maybe add some more fiberglass, etc.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
DontLift
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 23 Posts

Great Track - First time at the track and first PCA race weekend for me (Rookie) - Great place and people - I took first in Class in all three of my races (F Class two sprints and the Enduro in my Matte Black Boxster #69) and second overall in the Enduro on Sunday - Loved it -

Also got to take my White RSR out for a bit on Thursday and Sunday.

Thanks to Musante and the crew for all of the hard work!!

I will be back
Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

What a weekend, My first time there and I only wish we had a track like RA around the Chicago area.
On my first practice lap I drove strait into the pit lane Do! It was one of the most well run and organized events I have attended. To bad for the OOO car he took a real hard hit. this track will definatly be on my list for next year.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, DG Mark, you do have a track like Road Atlanta in the Chicago area...it's called Road America.....check it out.........IMHO the best race track in the USA, although Road Atlanta is certainly close....as is WG, M-O, Laguna, etc. etc.etc.
So little time and money and so many tracks to race on!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dgmark
What a weekend, My first time there and I only wish we had a track like RA around the Chicago area.
Road America doesn't suck.....
Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmark
On my first practice lap I drove strait into the pit lane Do! It was one of the most well run and organized events I have attended. To bad for the OOO car he took a real hard hit. this track will definatly be on my list for next year.
Hi Mark!

You can't really compare Road Atlanta to Road America. Road America is certainly pretty, and a nice surface... but layout... no comparison.

Mark you need to hit up VIR next!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

^^Huh?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 PM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

I have a lot of laps at Road America, and yes it is a fantastic track but it is a mutch different animal.
Very fast and you must bring your large cahonies, but not real techincal.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Man! What a stunning weekend. Great weather. Great racing. I got my first PCA podium. Took 2nd place in Race 2.
Got to connect with old and new friends, including The Big Turtle himself.

You guys who didn't come this year missed a near perfect track and a very smooth running event. Read um and weep.
Great seeing you, Randy, and catching up. And congrats on your first podium. As long as you stay out of E, I hope you have many more

Also wonderful seeing Doug and Amy, chasing Jack, thanks Tim P (Mr Momentum) for the advice, sorry about the motor John H, seeing Bob N and Lou, and meeting the Jail Dog his ownself. You guys make the event.

Rain or shine, I love the place.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Awesome track and a great event!

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta