Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Bob, I was in the white and black 996 cup that probably covered your windshield in hydraulic fluid in the enduro, sorry!! A powersteering line popped off between turns 5/6, and smoke was everywhere. Luckily I was able to get right next to the turn 7 corner workers and the fire was put out quick, can't even tell there was a fire.

other than that, great weekend.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you guys please stop talking about how great it was....
Old 03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Thanks.

Yes very frustrating about Sprint 2... one of the two bolts that connects my shift linkage loosened and fell out... the only gear I could find was 4th gear. But I was glad that my transmission wasn't toast. And it only took about 5 minutes to fix.

A similar thing happened to me in the enduro at WG last year when the bolt that attaches my gear shifter to the shift rod loosened and fell out... and then my shifter fell to the floor.

Damnit these little transmission/shifter gremlins...
I think my bolts came loose running the gators past 10B Red 911 squeezing me :0
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was good to be back in the saddle. The car ran perfectly in the near-perfect weather.

I hope I didn't slow down too many of those GT3's in the enduro. I thought I was keeping up pretty well until I discovered I finished 6 laps down from the overall race winner.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 744 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuttgart
Hey Bob, I was in the white and black 996 cup that probably covered your windshield in hydraulic fluid in the enduro, sorry!! A powersteering line popped off between turns 5/6, and smoke was everywhere. Luckily I was able to get right next to the turn 7 corner workers and the fire was put out quick, can't even tell there was a fire.

other than that, great weekend.
Glad to hear it wasn't worse. At first I saw all the smoke and thought you had a tire rubbing. When I got out of 7, i saw all the oil all over my windshield and thought you blew a motor. Next time by, i saw the fluids down on the track and tried to avoid them for a few laps, but it didn't seem to be an issue.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MarkM
I hope I didn't slow down too many of those GT3's in the enduro. I thought I was keeping up pretty well until I discovered I finished 6 laps down from the overall race winner.
Ha! You should have been out with them in the Sprint Races!!

Here's one time Cory passed me at full speed. I looked down and my AIM Solo said I was doing 135....

Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

now thats a pass, next time dont pull the parachute before he passes you hahah.

Glad everyone had a great weekend, i loved that track last year despite the rain chose sebring instead tihs year...of course its sunny for RA.....

cant wait to see some vids
Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

Bob, nice to meet you.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Der ABT
now thats a pass, next time dont pull the parachute before he passes you hahah.
LOL...I only wish.
As mentioned, my car WAS set up for GT5 with a 2.2 engine. Now a 3.4. Need to work on aero and gearing (foot to the floor, that's as fast as it would go!)...and downforce. going down the back straight it would start to float all over the place...same with through the turns. In the past, i wasn't able to go fast enough to lose grip....now I can....if I can keep it planted on the ground.

Will be fun to develop. I have a good platform to start...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Bob, nice to meet you.
Same here Dave. good to finally put a face to the VR mystique...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:39 PM
ToyCollector
Intermediate

What glorious weather for an event. Took some pics as warm up and practice to shooting Indy Car event at Barber next weekend. Peachstate Region again, as always, put on a heck of an event. Enjoy.

More pics in a gallery at my site.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:33 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm glad most people had a good weekend. I had a pretty crappy (and embarrassing!!!!) one. Not sure what is in worse shape, the ego or the car. For those that didn't see it, for my first practice session, when I shifted into second pulling onto the track, the back end just let go and put me nose first into the wall. Turbos + quick shifts + cold tires + nervous rookie = bad juju. Needless to say, I did not get my license.

But, the folks I was with had a good time, and I have to brag on my father-in-law, 944hal a bit. New personal best by about 2 seconds. He is not too far off of the SP3 leaders now, despite running 210 pounds over weight, with only 245's all of the way around, no data acquisition system, and Turbo gearing. His first podium at Road Atlanta, too! One of my other pit mates won I think his first sprint, and ended up getting worker's choice for Run Group #3.

John, I've never seen as much smoke as when your engine let go. Good job getting it over and off line before the brake zone. Was afraid for a second you were going to collect a pair of 911's, but everyone got through unscathed. Sorry about the tough luck.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to the Peach State Region for putting on a great race! The Texas Boys (Miller, Graidage, Olcha) enjoyed ourselves for our first time at this hallowed racetrack. It was nice to meet many of the people whose names I'd seen only in print or forum posts.

-Keith
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

That was you? Bummer for your car. Most could not understand how the car got there. Going off at that point may be a 1st. I was wondering how that could possibly have happened. Glad you weren't hurt, ego excluded. You will have to shake it off and get back on the horse. **** happens. Make it a learning experience. When is your next race? Make sure we all know when, where, what color your car is and what number you have. Just curious. Not to avoid you or anything.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

Great weekend even though I threw a rod through the oil pan in sprint 2
John, Sorry to hear about the engine. Good to hear that you didn't end up banging sheet metal.
Hope you get it back together soon. Do you plan to go through the spare before you drop it into the car?

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta