Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Friday and Sunday are supposed to be dry, but the forcast calls for rain during qualy on Sat....
Old 09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
How much money will Bernie lose if Vettel wins the WDC this weekend ....
One can only hope.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy larry, Faux Killa takes this one .......
Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone know the over/under on the number of times the Safety Car will be deployed?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hmmm , Once for Vettel and ahhhh... errr, twice .....
Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Anyone know the over/under on the number of times the Safety Car will be deployed?
It depends on how far back FA qualifies. The farther back the more SC deployments.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
F1.com seems to be on the same page

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2011/9/12542.html

Memo to Massa...check your car before you get in it...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

On Speedtv..

F1: Liuzzi Lauds Alonso, Not Looking For HRT Switch

Vitantonio Liuzzi plans to be back in a HRT seat next season...

Vitantonio Liuzzi says HRT will be more competitive next season.

Sebastian Vettel may be about to match his tally of championships, but Fernando Alonso remains the best driver in Formula One.

That is the view of HRT driver Vitantonio Liuzzi, according to the Spanish sports daily Marca.

"I definitely think Alonso is still the best and, if not the best, then the most complete," said the Italian.

"I think he's doing a very good job at Ferrari in taking his car to the very limit," added Liuzzi, who like Vettel has driven for Toro Rosso and Red Bull.

As for the current F1 driver with the "most potential," he answered: "I would say Daniel (Ricciardo), my teammate."

Despite Vettel's dominance, meanwhile, 30-year-old Liuzzi does not think 2011 has been a boring World Championship.

"No, I don't think so," he insisted. "It was the season with more overtaking and better races than in recent years.

"Maybe it is boring that Vettel and Red Bull are dominating as they are, but I think it's been a good season."

As for his own place at the very back of the grid, Liuzzi said he is happy at HRT and expecting to move forward in 2012.

"We will definitely be more competitive (in 2012)," he insisted. "The change in the team owner delayed the progress I had hoped for this season, but the very important background work for the next car has been significantly better.

"Being with a young team and growing with it is one of the most satisfying things for a driver, and I am not planning to be somewhere else," added Liuzzi.

What would Liuzzi know, after all he is only an F1 driver, lol.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:31 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Luizzi? Luizzi. What nationality is he? Oh yeah, Italian. Where is Ferrari located? That's right, Italy. I'm sure this is just a coincidence. Luizzi could not possible be looking ahead for the day Ferrari needs another driver. Perhaps a new number 2, DV washer. Brown nosing might help him get a nod from FA herself.

Raj, you otta be ashamed to even post this drivel in support of your bo. This is way to blatant of a suck up to be credible. What's your sigh
n; Liuzzi said he is happy at HRT
Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

What do you guys think about the 2 McClarens and Vettel.

I am not sure what the order would be yet. What was Hamiltons run here last year. Wasnt Vettel in Alonso's back pocket at race end last year or no.

Probably Vettel, Hamiton, then Button. Or Hamilton, Vettel, Button? Something like that.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Luizzi? Luizzi. What nationality is he? Oh yeah, Italian. Where is Ferrari located? That's right, Italy. I'm sure this is just a coincidence. Luizzi could not possible be looking ahead for the day Ferrari needs another driver. Perhaps a new number 2, DV washer. Brown nosing might help him get a nod from FA herself.

Raj, you otta be ashamed to even post this drivel in support of your bo. This is way to blatant of a suck up to be credible. What's your sigh
n; Liuzzi said he is happy at HRT
LOL, a few stickers on your car and you know it all. Ofcourse, you are a true racer while Liuzzi is just sucking up, haha.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

I forgot about this....too funny....

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option...:f1&Itemid=157

F1 : Fernando Alonso blushes after Sebastian Vettel Formula 1 crashgate joke

Sunday, 26 September 2010 11:11

Fernando Alonso was the only one not amused when Sebastian Vettel cracked a joke during Saturday night's post qualifying press conference.

Vettel qualified behind Ferrari's pole sitting Alonso on the Singapore street circuit, but said he still rated his chances of driving his Red Bull to the top of the podium.

"The further up you are the more it helps but obviously the race can still change a couple of things. I think Fernando started here from 15th on the grid two years ago and won the race," said the 23 year old German.

He smiled as he paused, the reporters laughing as they realised Vettel was referring to the famous 2008 race, when Nelson Piquet crashed deliberately to trigger an opportune safety car period for his Spanish team-mate.

"Alonso's face matched the hue of his Ferrari overalls," wrote David Tremayne in The Independent
Old 09-22-2011, 12:50 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
On Speedtv..

F1: Liuzzi Lauds Alonso, Not Looking For HRT Switch

Vitantonio Liuzzi plans to be back in a HRT seat next season...

Vitantonio Liuzzi says HRT will be more competitive next season.

Sebastian Vettel may be about to match his tally of championships, but Fernando Alonso remains the best driver in Formula One.

That is the view of HRT driver Vitantonio Liuzzi, according to the Spanish sports daily Marca.

"I definitely think Alonso is still the best and, if not the best, then the most complete," said the Italian.

"I think he's doing a very good job at Ferrari in taking his car to the very limit," added Liuzzi, who like Vettel has driven for Toro Rosso and Red Bull.

As for the current F1 driver with the "most potential," he answered: "I would say Daniel (Ricciardo), my teammate."

Despite Vettel's dominance, meanwhile, 30-year-old Liuzzi does not think 2011 has been a boring World Championship.

"No, I don't think so," he insisted. "It was the season with more overtaking and better races than in recent years.

"Maybe it is boring that Vettel and Red Bull are dominating as they are, but I think it's been a good season."

As for his own place at the very back of the grid, Liuzzi said he is happy at HRT and expecting to move forward in 2012.

"We will definitely be more competitive (in 2012)," he insisted. "The change in the team owner delayed the progress I had hoped for this season, but the very important background work for the next car has been significantly better.

"Being with a young team and growing with it is one of the most satisfying things for a driver, and I am not planning to be somewhere else," added Liuzzi.

What would Liuzzi know, after all he is only an F1 driver, lol.
Liuzzi is not humble enuff nor did he set any records in his 944..

Ohhh lord it's hard being right around here , takes the plebs 5 yrs to catch up, liuzzi 's comments are based on what was discussed previously ..

HE KNOWS VETTEL IS NOTHING SPECIAL ..... it's all RB..

OK,OK, i will admit i asked him to say so .......

The inner circle gents , they know, because i told them .......

Ahhhh...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:08 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ From the RayS post above.

Now Wayne I want to know the truth !

Do you think there was ANY team considerations ongoing here during the aforementioned Piquet crash. This is really taking one for the team.

It could be that Bernie told one of his vigs, who scrambled and relayed the message, then intercepted by one of the other teams code breakers, then they bounced it by long wave radio off a nearby safe satellite, and then through voice recognition and changing algorithms only available to F1 and to the US National Security Agency for the top cryptanalytic section, and in to the helmet of Piquet and Alonso who completley misunderstood, and then .....

Then ......................... well the final result was the safety car.

All this time I did not know until now that you had first hand experience with this stuff.

I am just kidding - kind of. I had quit watching much F1 in that time period.

But I see where some of these "ideas" come from.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TexasRider
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ From the RayS post above.

Now Wayne I want to know the truth !

Do you think there was ANY team considerations ongoing here during the aforementioned Piquet crash. This is really taking one for the team.

It could be that Bernie told one of his vigs, who scrambled and relayed the message, then intercepted by one of the other teams code breakers, then they bounced it by long wave radio off a nearby safe satellite, and then through voice recognition and changing algorithms only available to F1 and to the US National Security Agency for the top cryptanalytic section, and in to the helmet of Piquet and Alonso who completley misunderstood, and then .....

Then ......................... well the final result was the safety car.

All this time I did not know until now that you had first hand experience with this stuff.

I am just kidding - kind of. I had quit watching much F1 in that time period.

But I see where some of these "ideas" come from.
If you want a good laugh, go back and read the 2008 Singapore thread. Poor Wayne was jumping up and down about the mad skilz Alonso showed in his "victory" and then the truth came out......

Quick Reply: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix