Sergio Perez
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Algersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Takuma Sato (aka Old Master of Monza, Secret darling of the Tifosi)
2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Italian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Cranky this weekend Frank?
Hahaha! Good call, Pete!
Yeah, I just had a 2 1/2 hour cancellation and now I'm sitting here on my fat ***....
Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
This is what I saw today:

Sebastian Vettel is a great driver that doesn't need to prove another thing to anyone.

Fernando is doing a great job with the 3rd best car on the grid and 2nd in the WDC points. How does that happen? A really great driver, that's how!

I told you guys that Alonso was doing everything right at Ferrari. Even the Alonso haters have to give him credit for his actions today.

The old man Michael Schumacher still has the fight in him. It was refreshing to see him racing a guy that has a much faster car and neither lost a piece of carbon fiber. For all the guys that can't appreciate that, you probably never been under pressure from a guy in a faster car for very long....

Button continues to prove that he is the better racer in the McLaren camp, even without the benefit of being the #1 driver and with the 2nd driver strategy.

Did anyone see how Button was faster than Hamilton in the 1st and 2nd sectors in qualifying, but McLaren pulled him into the pits for an unknown reason? Basically giving Hamilton the better qualifying position?

A. Wayne is still the biggest asshat on Rennlist.

Not a bad day for all those Faux Champions today.
Well said stumpy not bad for a chi chi and the irony .........
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
What does it tell you?
How many DNF's in 2011 has Alonso had compared to Button, Webber or Hamilton?
How would have last season looked if Vettel didn't have DNF's (mechanical and on track)?

How do you derive that he has the 5th fastest car on the grid?
How can such a determination be made, given the dynamic nature of in season car development?
In this regard, McLaren is in a league of their own, always seeming to improve the car during each season (partly due to their philiosophy of 2 design teams, combined with their massive R&D spending).
Before the summer break (and thanks to some FIA rules changes), the Ferrari appeared to be the equal to the RBR chassis. Would that have changed the status of the F150 Italia as "5th best car on the grid"

Making such statements is as useful and efficient as throwing some dirty clothes, detergent and a person having an epileptic seizure into a swimming pool and declaring it a washing machine.

Easy Lou lou , your are losing it, FA was voted the No1 driver in F1 by..? .Yep it wasn't RL....

Originally Posted by ltc
Why are you agreeing with him when you typed the following 23 minutes AFTER his post:

2nd in Drivers Championship with 3rd best car on the grid all yr, Enough said!
The proof is in the pudding.

I can see dead people ... and deleted posts.

3rd best, 5th best, whatever it takes.

Meet you at the swimming pool, I'll bring the Wisk

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
And your point??? Yes, it is a well known fact that you misuse your powers as a moderator and as such, your misuse has been notified.
What gives you the right to post my deleted post? I didn't know as a poster (which you always claim to be on these threads) you should be excerising that right. I plan to take action against your misuge. You are out of control.
He is out of control and needs to be reigned in. I plan to take it to the maximum level. Enough is enough. Either be a moderator or a poster. Don't try to misuse power to your advantage. Not allowed and not accepted, sorry!
Easy raj, this is not uncommon , remember when posting , sometimes viewed bewteen members via PM's. Fortunately the really bad one is lying in the wings polishing nuts and sucking on the lollypops, yes little winger wants to be a mod , if this happens lewis will look like mother Teresa to that reprobate ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-12-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

easy Raj, you're taking this way too seriously. Can't you see that Lewis loves to tweek you, but you fall into his trap each time when you react like this.

Just to make sure everything is on the up and up and satisfy everyone involved, I'd be happy to moderate any F1 threads from now on....
Yeah.... I bet you would , ohh little one ......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Thank you for your well thought out and intellectual contribution with regard to the Italian GP, A. Wayne. It's right about where we all expected it to be.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

As you dear Petal ...your response must have been very painful, Damn you really want that Mod Job....
Old 09-12-2011, 05:17 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

easy Raj, you're taking this way too seriously. Can't you see that Lewis loves to tweek you, but you fall into his trap each time when you react like this.:
Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Save it. Either mod, or post. Don't try to do both. You have called some drivers devoid of character. I consider your actions devoid of character and complete misuse of power.
I will be back to ignoring you as always.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
As you dear Petal ...your response must have been very painful, Damn you really want that Mod Job....
I will not even dignify your response beyond this post. Good Day Sir.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:28 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 196 Posts

Great race! Very entertaining battles and the fact that Vettel is the runaway champion will not deter me from watching the rest of the season.

Speaking of Vettel and Red Bull, great pass, great team strategy. That boy is fast, period.

Button gets it done. Again. Low key, no frills, just went out there, did his his job, drove a very smart race. Not the fastest driver, but very intelligent.

Alonso did the best with what he had. He knows how to take an opportunity when he sees one!

Hamilton was very subdued and looked defeated on several occasions. His complaints on the radio are very predictable at this point. I watched the BBC broadcast and their pits reporter asked McLaren about Hamilton's strategy about 10 laps before the end. They responded that they were trying to give Hamilton a pep talk and make him believe he can catch Alonso (He was 8 secs behind at that point) because he didn't think it was possible... WTF?? Then after the race when he was interviewed on the BBC he sounded like he had his ***** cut off. Completely emotionless and subdued.

Schumacher was on fire, I loved his fight with Hamilton. Best part of the race by far. Sure, he did make a couple of questionable moves but that made for even more entertainment. When Ross Brawn was interviewed on the BBC right after the race he said that he was talking to Schumacher on the radio during Hamilton's pass and Schumacher upshifted too late. Brawn just about said it was his fault for distracting Schumacher, otherwise the fight could've lasted even longer.

Senna did well also, but I have to hand it to Algersuari - from 18th to 7th! That's some hustle!

Would've been fun seeing Rosberg with the other Mercedes as well as Perez before his gearbox died. He was on a one stop strategy and that guy knows how to make the tires last!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Save it. Either mod, or post. Don't try to do both. You have called some drivers devoid of character. I consider your actions devoid of character and complete misuse of power.
I will be back to ignoring you as always.
Damn, and I was all set to kiss and make up...even had planned to dress like Alonso.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Damn, and I was all set to kiss and make up...even had planned to dress like Alonso.
Do you own a skirt and lace blouse?

You'll need some Ferrari red pumps to go with those. Do you want some too, Raj and AW?
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
Great race! Very entertaining battles and the fact that Vettel is the runaway champion will not deter me from watching the rest of the season.

Speaking of Vettel and Red Bull, great pass, great team strategy. That boy is fast, period.

Button gets it done. Again. Low key, no frills, just went out there, did his his job, drove a very smart race. Not the fastest driver, but very intelligent.

Alonso did the best with what he had. He knows how to take an opportunity when he sees one!

Hamilton was very subdued and looked defeated on several occasions. His complaints on the radio are very predictable at this point. I watched the BBC broadcast and their pits reporter asked McLaren about Hamilton's strategy about 10 laps before the end. They responded that they were trying to give Hamilton a pep talk and make him believe he can catch Alonso (He was 8 secs behind at that point) because he didn't think it was possible... WTF?? Then after the race when he was interviewed on the BBC he sounded like he had his ***** cut off. Completely emotionless and subdued.

Schumacher was on fire, I loved his fight with Hamilton. Best part of the race by far. Sure, he did make a couple of questionable moves but that made for even more entertainment. When Ross Brawn was interviewed on the BBC right after the race he said that he was talking to Schumacher on the radio during Hamilton's pass and Schumacher upshifted too late. Brawn just about said it was his fault for distracting Schumacher, otherwise the fight could've lasted even longer.

Senna did well also, but I have to hand it to Algersuari - from 18th to 7th! That's some hustle!

Would've been fun seeing Rosberg with the other Mercedes as well as Perez before his gearbox died. He was on a one stop strategy and that guy knows how to make the tires last!
Would have loved to hear the entire transmission back and forth between BRawn and Schumacher.

IIRC, Will Buxton interviewed Algersuari for Speed after he was eliminated in Q1 and he was very upbeat and positive citing the fact that everytime he's failed to make it out of Q1, he's scored points for the team. Sunday was no different!

Alguersuari: I'd like to start even further back next time!

Scuderia Toro Rosso ace Jaime Alguersuari maintained his recent run of back-to-front charges in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix at Monza - and then joked that he would like to start 'even further back' next time

Jaime Alguersuari has quipped that he 'would like to start even further back on the grid' in Singapore after charging from 18th position at the start of Sunday's Italian Grand Prix at Monza to seventh at the chequered flag – the fourth time this season that he has converted a Q1 exit into race day points.

Four times in the last seven grands prix, Alguersuari has fallen at the first hurdle in qualifying and wound up 18th on the grid; on each of those occasions, 24 hours later he has scythed his way through the field into the points, although seventh place at Monza marked his best result yet – and best, indeed, of his entire career. Little wonder the Spaniard was smiling once the chequered flag had fallen.

“I am very happy with my race,” the 21-year-old enthused. “I think I would like to start even further back on the grid for the next one, because it seems that whenever I have a poor grid position, I finish in the points! I am also very pleased for the team, as they got both cars home in the points.

“I am a bit surprised at the way the car performance came good on Sunday in the race, because I did not expect to be quicker than Force India and Sauber. Getting this great result at our home race also makes it extra-special. We need to keep on working like this and try to improve our qualifying performance on Saturday. If we do that, I think we can finish in the points on a regular basis.”

Scuderia Toro Rosso team-mate Sébastien Buemi made it cause for a double celebration for the Red Bull 'junior' outfit by coming in tenth, albeit ruing a knock at the first corner in the Vitantonio Liuzzi-instigated mêlée that had left him nursing damage to his STR6. The Swiss ace yielded ninth spot to Lotus Renault GP rival Bruno Senna barely a handful of laps from home.

“I am a bit disappointed with the way the race panned out,” he mused. “I made a very good start, but then when an HRT triggered a big accident, I took a knock at the back of my car and it was definitely damaged in some way, as it did not work at its maximum potential from then on.

“If that had not happened, maybe I could have finished ninth or eighth, but while tenth is therefore a bit disappointing – losing out to Senna right at the end, when he was on the soft tyre and I was on the medium – it's time to look ahead and think about doing better in two weeks' time in Singapore.”

“Our home track always appears to be a lucky one for us, because we seem to finish regularly in the points here at Monza,” summarised the small Faenza-based squad's team principal Franz Tost. “Jaime's seventh-place finish was the best result of his F1 career and the team's best so far this season, and it was a good result overall as we got both cars home in the points, with Sébastien tenth past the flag. The points we got see us close the gap to both Force India and Sauber in the constructors' championship.

“Jaime drove an excellent race, making up eleven places from his grid position. He was especially quick on his second set of tyres, putting in one fastest lap after another. Sébastien was lucky to finish the race, after being involved in a collision when he clipped another car with the left rear tyre.

“Well done to the entire team, who delivered a good strategy and executed it well during the race. This was a good way to end the European leg of the season, and I am now looking forward to seeing if we can continue like this in the remaining six races of the championship.”
Old 09-12-2011, 06:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Schumacher: We're known for driving on limit, that is what we did

Michael Schumacher: It was an exciting race today, both for me and I think for all of our fans, and that is why I am happy. The fighting against Lewis was big fun, and my mirrors seemed to be very small at times.

Michael Schumacher has said he had 'big fun' battling with Lewis Hamilton in the F1 2011 Italian Grand Prix, even if he did have to make his Mercedes 'as wide as a truck' to hold off the McLaren.

Schumacher kept Hamilton behind him for what seemed like an age and while he conceded 'we are both known for driving on the limit, and that is what we did', the German finally had to admit defeat just after the halfway point. He eventually finished in fifth place, just like he did in Belgium two weeks ago.

“It was an exciting race today, both for me and I think for all of our fans, and that is why I am happy. The fighting against Lewis was big fun, and my mirrors seemed to be very small at times,” Schumacher reflected. “We are both known for driving on the limit, and that is what we did. I had to make my car as wide as a truck, and had to stretch the possible as much as I could, but in the end, as expected, he was still faster.

“The start was ideal, I held back on purpose at first in order to use the grip perfectly afterwards, and then the left side was all free. To make the most of your possibilities, you have to do the maximum possible at times, and that is why I had fun today, especially knowing that there is more to come in the future, with all the support we have from Mercedes.”

Mercedes team principal, Ross Brawn and Mercedes boss, Norbert Haug meanwhile both hailed Schumacher's performance, although his battle with Hamilton wasn't without controversy.

Indeed at one point Schumacher forced Hamilton onto the grass and on another occasion he swerved twice to defend his position - something that is against the rules, as only one move is permitted. However while Brawn did have to warn Schumacher over the radio about his driving and conceded post-race that the FIA had told them to be 'careful', the 42-year-old was not summoned to appear before the stewards.

“A fantastic drive from Michael today, and I'm sure he really enjoyed his racing out there,” Brawn continued. “The boys have done a great job with our starts this year, and Michael was able to get away well and show his race craft in the first part of the race.

“Then he settled into a really tough battle with the McLarens, particularly Lewis, which was great racing and vintage Michael. We haven't quite got a car that's quick enough yet but we are all pleased with Michael's fifth place.”

“A thrilling drive from Michael again today,” Haug added, “the first half of the race delivered probably one of the best television shows of the year and I am sure lots of people at home were standing rather than sitting in front of their televisions, which was the case for us on several occasions today.

“Michael repeated his Spa result today and everybody realised during his drive how committed and hard-fighting he is - it was a joy to watch, and certainly not just for us.”
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Schumacher 'harsh', says Whitmarsh, as Hamilton holds tongue

Perhaps mindful of his own succession of run-ins with rivals and race stewards this season, Lewis Hamilton has remained tight-lipped on his duel with a 'super-aggressive' Michael Schumacher in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix at Monza...

Lewis Hamilton has refused to criticise Michael Schumacher in the wake of the pair's feisty duel in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix at Monza during which many believed the German legend went to the limit and beyond in defence of his position – to the extent that he was even warned by his own team to tone it down.

After catching Hamilton sleeping on the safety car re-start early in the race, the ever-opportunistic Schumacher immediately pounced to relieve the McLaren-Mercedes star of third place – and thereafter, the most successful driver in the sport's history would go on to frustrate the Briton's every attempt to overtake him.

It was not until halfway through that Hamilton finally succeeded in finding a way past – and by then, his victory shot had long since disappeared,

Hamilton twice complained over his team radio that his rival was weaving – the exact same indiscretion that had earned the 2008 F1 World Champion a retrospective drive-through penalty in Malaysia earlier this year – and likely fearing a similar punishment, Mercedes Grand Prix team principal Ross Brawn advised 'Schumi' to be careful.

Perhaps mindful of his own series of on-track misdemeanours this season and run-ins with both rivals and FIA stewards, however, Hamilton was unwilling to point the finger at the seven-time world champion once the chequered flag had fallen.

“That's racing,” the 26-year-old shrugged, palpably disappointed but deliberately evading questions about whether Schumacher had been out-of-order. “It doesn't make any difference. I got past eventually, and I was able to finish ahead.

“He was incredibly fast. We were a little bit slow on the straight, which meant it was hard to get past Michael, who was faster even when I had my DRS activated. It was interesting being behind him; it was a real challenge to get past, but I think I did eventually, didn't I, or at the pit stops? One of the two.”

As to his poor re-start, Hamilton accepted full responsibility, explaining that 'Michael was on my outside...I was looking at him in my mirrors and then, all of a sudden, the guys ahead had gone...they caught me napping' – whilst at 126 points adrift now of runaway F1 2011 World Championship leader Vettel and only 150 remaining to play for, the 16-time grand prix-winner knows the odds are stacked almost impossibly against him in the chase for the crown, but he has characteristically vowed not to give up the fight.

“It's not a great result, to be honest,” he phlegmatically mused. “I started second and I fell back two places. I'm definitely not happy, but that's motor racing. At least I finished and got some points for the team, so that's a good step. I doubt it's still possible to beat Sebastian for the title, but we'll keep pushing. For now, I'm looking ahead to the 'flyaways' – they're going to be exciting. We still have six races left, and I'm really focussed on getting some more wins for the team.”

Quick Reply: 2011 Italian Grand Prix