Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

2011 British Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:49 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Ferrari is looking very good. Thanks to HRT's complaints, FIA seems to have leved the playing field. As stated earlier, just like last yr, Ferrari seems to be making better progress as the yr gets on, compared to McLaren, who seem to be somewhat lost.
This could become very interesting. We need a few Vettel DNF's and the championship all of a sudden could be wide open.
OH brother!! 2 teams with **** cars complain and FIA cripples the master car, designer and driver so the losers can have a chance with their POS creations. And you praise them? You probably love wall street bankers too. Pathetic.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:00 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to see Webber on pole, with the Red Bulls in the front row, and the two Ferrari's behind them. The start should be interesting. I wish they would go back to having the race on Speed
Old 07-09-2011, 06:01 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
OH brother!! 2 teams with **** cars complain and FIA cripples the master car, designer and driver so the losers can have a chance with their POS creations. And you praise them? You probably love wall street bankers too. Pathetic.
HRT...Hormone Replacement Team ...
Old 07-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy, step away from the Cappuchino.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:34 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Randy, step away from the Cappuchino.
Ddddoooeeesssss iiitt ssshhooowww? Ssssssaaaakkkkkeee.....

Arguing that Ferrari is moving up when RB and McLaren are being crippled with a rule change, mid-season, to a component they both had successfully developed and Ferrari had failed at? Paaallleeesssse

Come on Raj, what else ya got?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Arguing that Ferrari is moving up when RB and McLaren are being crippled with a rule change, mid-season, to a component they both had successfully developed and Ferrari had failed at? Paaallleeesssse

This should to be good
Old 07-09-2011, 08:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,904 Likes on 1,724 Posts

I don't knOw if quail really showed true pace when Hamilton is 10th. I'm hoping for a wet race
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think McLaren and Ferrari have not been running the blown diffuser. I am not sure what to make of all this. Is it the "master designer" are bending the rulers. Not sure anymore.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

McLaren has the blown diffuser. I'm not sure about Ferrari. If they don't have it that would make this rule change all the more suspicious. One thing is for sure, Ferrari did not master it.

"Bending the rules"? Did Brawn bend the rules with their double diffuser the year Button walked away with the WDC? NO. They just got it right and it made them stand out from the crowd.

What chew girls want, a spec series?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Cold blow. Hot blow.
F1 can blow me with bubbles for changing the rules mid-season.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Currently just outside of Edinburgh on vacation......Paul DiResta has a great opportunity to showcase his talents with a fantastic opportunity from 6th.

Jim Clark reborn?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

It is called tonque n cheek in case you didn't get my gist. It is clear that FIA wanted to avoid going through courts if any team protested, so they rather play it safe. BTW, Williams was also one of the teams that threatened to protest.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

It will be interesting to see what kind of knucklehead move Hammy will make. It is typical of him to panic when he starts this far back. I expect him causing some Carbon fiber flying in the 1st few laps.
Alonso, should keep his distance from Webbo, who is very hard to pass unless he has a bad start.
This will be an interesting race.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Vettel needs to play it smart at the race start. Webber, Alonso and Massa will all be gunning for any inch on the start that they can find. It's all or nothing for them. Vettel on the other hand does not need the win. All he needs is a top five finish what with his 3 race lead in the championship. But if Vettel does get a good start, watch out. We may be heading to Germany with an even bigger Vettel lead which will drive all the Red Bull and Vettel haters absolutely insane. Next thing you know they will be calling for Vettel to be banned from F1. Rather silly how some people have called for the rules to be changed in the middle of the game all because their preferred team/driver is losing this season.

It's 5:30 am ... the race starts soon. Where did I put those coffee filters? They are definitely not up here next to the 'puter. See you all after the race.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:14 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Vettel needs to play it smart at the race start. Webber, Alonso and Massa will all be gunning for any inch on the start that they can find. It's all or nothing for them. Vettel on the other hand does not need the win. All he needs is a top five finish what with his 3 race lead in the championship. But if Vettel does get a good start, watch out. We may be heading to Germany with an even bigger Vettel lead which will drive all the Red Bull and Vettel haters absolutely insane. Next thing you know they will be calling for Vettel to be banned from F1. Rather silly how some people have called for the rules to be changed in the middle of the game all because their preferred team/driver is losing this season.

It's 5:30 am ... the race starts soon. Where did I put those coffee filters? They are definitely not up here next to the 'puter. See you all after the race.
Huh, I didn't know either Williams or HRT have race winning cars or drivers..

Quick Reply: 2011 British Grand Prix