Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Time to adios little Danica?
Si Señor...!
38.71%
Oh no... I love her
61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Wayne, no one speaks A Wayne and your first post makes no sense. Unfortunately your 2nd post does and goes to the heart of what makes you a such a douchebag

Sorry Mods, the guy is as abrasive as a piece of sandpaper on (file in the blank)

This thread is a trainwreck.... I'm bailing out now.....
Weak sauce Pete, you should hold your left up a little higher, yep , dats it, higher .

PS: Mi tinks someone stole your Password, there is a race car for sale ad in your Sig !!!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Who is Frank Bullitt?
The poster that created this poll.....

Scott
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Grrrr. Bite them Frank ...............................................
Old 05-26-2011, 04:52 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Simona won in Atlantic, so did Katherine, Danica never did.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

True Dat ...

Simona is good and good for the sport . I would love to see Indy cars get back to the level of popularity they had back in the 90's .........
Old 05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
True Dat ...

Simona is good and good for the sport . I would love to see Indy cars get back to the level of popularity they had back in the 90's .........
A few more top flight American racers would probably help plus more engine manufacturers other than just one that they have had for many years now. Honda doesn't even make a true sporty, high performance vehicle anymore. Would be nice to see Ford, Chevy, BMW, and MB enter the fray. When I was a kid, the Indy 500 race was huge with many different engine manufacturers and chassis. Now it's a spec race.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

People who think she shouldn't be in the IRL have no clue.

People who think she's one of the top drivers in IRL have no clue.

She's more than competent but I'd never put money on her to win/place/show.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Plyman438
A few more top flight American racers would probably help plus more engine manufacturers other than just one that they have had for many years now. Honda doesn't even make a true sporty, high performance vehicle anymore. Would be nice to see Ford, Chevy, BMW, and MB enter the fray. When I was a kid, the Indy 500 race was huge with many different engine manufacturers and chassis. Now it's a spec race.
I know it would be step back in sophistication, but if Grand Am can get Chevy, Ford, BMW, Porsche and Toyota/Lexus to produce engines for the DPs, why not spec a slightly retro open wheeler that can sport those engines? It would be cool to see/hear open wheelers that don't all sound like squealing pigs. Danika is hot.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

^^^ Complete different budget ..............
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster

1. No matter what you think of Danica's driving ability, she's doing better than any of us on this list.
It's totally irrelevant that she is doing better than any of us. It's her peers that she should be doing better than, and the truth is she has been unable to do that. She is a middle-of-the-pack driver at best. When people talk about racing champions, they don't include Danika.

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Actually, she has won in Indy Cars. Twin Ring Motegi in Japan in 2008.
Danika's entire career accomplishment comes down to winning one race because the leader ran out of gas. I would be embarrassed if I were a professional driver with that record.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
It's totally irrelevant that she is doing better than any of us. It's her peers that she should be doing better than, and the truth is she has been unable to do that. She is a middle-of-the-pack driver at best. When people talk about racing champions, they don't include Danika.

Danika's entire career accomplishment comes down to winning one race because the leader ran out of gas. I would be embarrassed if I were a professional driver with that record.
You do realize the absolute mathematical impossibility & conflict in your two sentences (bold), don't you? It is also not in any way the truth. She has averaged 8th in points since she started in Indycar, meaning she is doing better than a least 12-14 of her peers each season.

Also, I would never be embarrassed as a professional (meaning paid) driver regardless of my record. Heck, I am an amateur, have never won a pro race (and only a few amateur races) and I am still not embarrassed of my driving.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet

How many people on the IndyCar grid have even one race win? How many drivers have a better record than Danica?

How many drivers bring as much exposure and money to the series as Danica?

Based on the original poll in this thread, there are a lot of people that should hang it up before Danica.

Scott
Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Don't know - don't care. I'm not even sure where she drives. Did she move from Indy to NASCAR or vice versa?

I do know that the Go Daddy ads are tacky and embarrassing. I'm sure she's embarrassed all the way to the bank up to the point when she cashes the cheque.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Larry, I believe it is relevant that she is doing better than us. I mean, who are we to say that she's some horrific driver? Can we do any better? And then, as well, she makes it (qualifies) for these races. That alone is quite an achievement. I just believe that some folks, perhaps yourself included, are missing the point. It takes serious driving skill to even be able to qualify, let alone to win. I think it's just 23 cars that qualify, right? And did you see how many tried out? So she's not just better than a half dozen folks, she's also better than the ones that never even qualified.

These are just my thoughts. Doesn't make me right and doesn't make you wrong. But I can't believe someone has picked (the OP) on a driver who made it in with an elite group. Even if I was last to qualify, I'd be walking in sunshine if I even made it.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Show me Danika's Championship trophy.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?