Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Time to adios little Danica?
Si Señor...!
38.71%
Oh no... I love her
61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

It's not like her racing career is doing that well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...ndy_500_052511

What say ye Scurvy Crew?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

She has a choice between getting paid a lot to race Indy cars or paid a whole lot to race NASCAR. As a career, driving is working out damn well for her.

(That doesn't mean that she's a great driver! She's just OK, and a valuable spokesperson.)
Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Only Danica Patrick knows what is more important to herself. Racing or money. I would like to think she has enough money, where racing would be her priority. But we live in a crazy world where no matter how much money you make, it's not enough.

I respect that driving around in circles and being fast at doing it, is not an easy thing to do. But NASCAR is just NOT my cup of tea. I have tried to watch NASCAR races, but I just can't do it. I will however watch the Indy 500 this Sunday, because that race is one of the triple crown jewels in the racing world.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

In Indy car, Simona is a better driver IMO. In NASCAR, the Danica Brand does not fit into the good 'ol boy image. SHe is too cold and not what they consider one of them. Hell, if it's hard for CA drivers like Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson to be accepted by the 'necks, how is she going to be accepted?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Let's go to the data:

Since joining Indycar she has finished 12, 9, 7, 6, 5, and 10th in year-end points - for an average of 8th. If you assume about 20 regulars, then she is beating about 12 others on a regular basis. Do you suggest that all twelve of those folks just go away? With your twisted logic you must.

It seems to me she is doing quite well. Please cut the misogynist BS and let the data set you free.

Also, while Simona may be a better driver than Dancia (not saying she is), for everyone other than the Champion there is someone better. Should all of those folks quit as well? Comparing the women to one another makes no sense.

Cheers,
Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
sig_a
Pro

Originally Posted by Pete
In Indy car, Simona is a better driver IMO. In NASCAR, the Danica Brand does not fit into the good 'ol boy image. SHe is too cold and not what they consider one of them. Hell, if it's hard for CA drivers like Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson to be accepted by the 'necks, how is she going to be accepted?

Jeff Gordon was born in CA, but grew up in a bedroom community (Pittsboro) to Indianapolis, the Mecca of motorsport. Hoosier culture is what it is, but it's at least on par with California culture, whatever that is.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Someone has a little crush hombre!

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Please cut the misogynist BS and let the data set you free.
She hasn't won has she?

I keep the conversation simple.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default She's a real "role model" amigo!

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
That doesn't mean that she's a great driver! She's just OK, and a valuable spokesperson.
She's about an average drive with a way above average temper. Most would certainly not miss her from either race series.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
She's about an average drive with a way above average temper. Most would certainly not miss her from either race series.
But she makes a ton of money and gets to drive cool cars for a living. Getting back to your question -- that sounds like career success to me.

We all know people who hold high positions and get paid crazy money, but who may not objectively deserve it. You wouldn't say their career is not going well. Undeserved success is still success. I think the quality of her driving is well documented by per performance. Mid-pack, but at a high level.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

It really is a shame the Cup drivers cannot participate in the Indy 500 anymore. It would be great to see Stewart, Gordon, Montoya, Allmendinger etc.... at the Brickyard in May.

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
She hasn't won has she?
The open wheel boys are not doing so hot in the Cup series either. Has Montoya won anything besides a single Nationwide road race?

When is the last time a top open wheel driver won a cup race?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:50 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Let's go to the data:

Since joining Indycar she has finished 12, 9, 7, 6, 5, and 10th in year-end points - for an average of 8th. If you assume about 20 regulars, then she is beating about 12 others on a regular basis. Do you suggest that all twelve of those folks just go away? With your twisted logic you must.

It seems to me she is doing quite well. Please cut the misogynist BS and let the data set you free.

Also, while Simona may be a better driver than Dancia (not saying she is), for everyone other than the Champion there is someone better. Should all of those folks quit as well? Comparing the women to one another makes no sense.

Cheers,
It's not misogyny if we'd have said the same things and MORE if there were a dude plastered all over the magazines and TV and finished like that. This is irrespective of gender (at least for me)

I am SOOOOOOO glad Simona came along so that everyone who can't stand Danica wouldn't be called a misogynist. That line is getting old, along with her antics and attitude.

Just make sure you aren't one of the chaps with a rise in the pants when you're defending her.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Never denied the success of her success compadre!

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
But she makes a ton of money and gets to drive cool cars for a living. Getting back to your question -- that sounds like career success to me.

We all know people who hold high positions and get paid crazy money, but who may not objectively deserve it. You wouldn't say their career is not going well. Undeserved success is still success. I think the quality of her driving is well documented by per performance. Mid-pack, but at a high level.
Is rather sad that she didn't turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread in the racing world however. Would have been cool to see a truly gifted female driver arrive on the scene don't you thing?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default NASCAR would just chew her up and spit her out dude!

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
The open wheel boys are not doing so hot in the Cup series either. Has Montoya won anything besides a single Nationwide road race?

When is the last time a top open wheel driver won a cup race?
As outlined in that article I linked to. best thing for her is to stay in IRL until she's released.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

She's good for the sport and she's doing pretty well.
Your whole life changes when you win the big one.
Could you imagine? It could happen.
Keep her around. And anyone so deserving for that matter.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Simply a blurt from some PC-induced young Fuzz amigo!

Originally Posted by wanna911
It's not misogyny if we'd have said the same things and MORE if there were a dude plastered all over the magazines and TV and finished like that. This is irrespective of gender (at least for me)

I am SOOOOOOO glad Simona came along so that everyone who can't stand Danica wouldn't be called a misogynist. That line is getting old, along with her antics and attitude.

Just make sure you aren't one of the chaps with a rise in the pants when you're defending her.
We have to give the girls a pass don't 'cha know?

You are spot n about some of these latest racer chicks getting their fans all horned up. Funnier than Hell, especially when referencing someone like Danica... who has the body of a 12-year-old boy.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?