Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Time to adios little Danica?
Si Señor...!
38.71%
Oh no... I love her
61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Danica is a damn good driver. I was on track with her the day she did her first Atlantic test. She was right at the lap record in the first session. Very impressive.

However, she has not proven to be nearly as good a racer as driver. She is also not good at building a team around her. I was on track with her again at a test day while she was racing Atlantics (I was in a much slower class). When the car had issues, instead of staying at the track and pitching in, she went back to the hotel. She never seemed to be liked by her mechanics, etc. By contrast, I have seen much bigger name racers, climb under the car and pitch in - even go get pizza if that is what it took to help.

But she is a better driver AND racer than anyone hanging out here and I have respect for that.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto racing is a team effort in the end compadre!

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Danica is a damn good driver. I was on track with her the day she did her first Atlantic test. She was right at the lap record in the first session. Very impressive.

However, she has not proven to be nearly as good a racer as driver. She is also not good at building a team around her. I was on track with her again at a test day while she was racing Atlantics (I was in a much slower class). When the car had issues, instead of staying at the track and pitching in, she went back to the hotel. She never seemed to be liked by her mechanics, etc. By contrast, I have seen much bigger name racers, climb under the car and pitch in - even go get pizza if that is what it took to help.

But she is a better driver AND racer than anyone hanging out here and I have respect for that.
Something you already know, but the main thing is she hasn't lived up to her own self-induced hype. Or her handlers hype. How about just the HYPE?

Until she starts WINNING races she'll remain a novelty until the next hard driving gal appears on the scene.

Internet automotive boards are full of BS'ers so your last statement might just be true and or there may just lurk a couple of Marios amongst this membership.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:34 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
Internet automotive boards are full of BS'ers so your last statement might just be true and or there may just lurk a couple of Marios amongst this membership.
I should correct that to say people who regularly post here. In fact, I know of a few who are likely more talented than she is - they sometimes read posts, but not many posts from them.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:44 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

i usually do not start stuff but how can you say that. May be some of the people here didnt have a mom who would sleep with someone to get a ride. Yeah she is an advertisers dream but to say she is better than anyone herei doubt that.

I bet if you gave some of the top drivers in here a chance at what she has had to drive in the same amount of years, the outcome would be different because of one thing, their attitude. Im not saying she is bad but her attitude sucks. Let her come to nascar, they will put her in her place.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:45 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

I should correct that to say people who regularly post here. In fact, I know of a few who are likely more talented than she is - they sometimes read posts, but not many posts from them.
You must have posted this as i posted mine, i would take a couple of guys in here anytime over danica
Old 05-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
i usually do not start stuff but how can you say that. May be some of the people here didnt have a mom who would sleep with someone to get a ride. Yeah she is an advertisers dream but to say she is better than anyone herei doubt that.

I bet if you gave some of the top drivers in here a chance at what she has had to drive in the same amount of years, the outcome would be different because of one thing, their attitude. Im not saying she is bad but her attitude sucks. Let her come to nascar, they will put her in her place.
I am a Danica fan...but Randy Pobst has posted here, and he is pretty dang good!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

...May be some of the people here didnt have a mom who would sleep with someone to get a ride...
Uh, can you back that up? Cause that's pretty harsh.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Uh, can you back that up? Cause that's pretty harsh.

I cant back it up personally but i have heard more than once from different sources. That was not the point of my posting.

dont get me wrong i think danica is a good driver and i think she has a great body, just needs a little attitude adjustment.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

she also looks great in a swimsuit
Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Sabine Schmitz would eat her for breakfast.

Please setzen sie in einem käfig. (*ohne kleider)
Old 05-29-2011, 07:34 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW

Please setzen sie in einem käfig. (*ohne kleider)

Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 PM
jsh
Instructor

Originally Posted by mglobe
After starting in what, the 8th or 9th row? She had a good race after arriving at Indy with a poor car. Once again, in my opinion, Andretti Autosport proves to be a handicap for her.

AMEN to the last line...
Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Let me summarize from what I've read here:

1. She's a good if not great drover.
2. She finishes consistently better than mid-pack but not top 5 or 10.
3. She hasn't and likely won't win many races.
4 She has successfully leveraged her unique position as a woman in a man's sport.
5. She has an admirable, and arguably undeserved cadre of sponsors. See 4 above.
6. She appears to be not the nicest person in pit-lane.
7. Her star status exceeds her raw talent. See 4 above.
8. She exploits her own sexuality in an subjectively tacky and objectively self-demeaning way.
9. Some of us are inwardly envious of her relative success in a sport we really care about.
10. As a true professional drover, she could school most of us amateurs around our home track.

That said I guess she should continue to race as long as she wants and someone is willing to pay her to do so.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

i think danica is a good driver and i think she has a great body, just needs a little attitude adjustment.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Without a doubt hombre!

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Sabine is also wickedly funny.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?