Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Time to adios little Danica?
Si Señor...!
38.71%
Oh no... I love her
61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode
ROFL. I think I missed that one! But it pretty much nails the subject right on the head. People use what they have to get ahead in this world. I use my attitude to sell stuff. Some people are beautiful enough that they can use their body image. Whatever works. It's the world we live in.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Actually, she has won in Indy Cars. Twin Ring Motegi in Japan in 2008.
Good eye!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

http://www.indycar.com/drivers/show/55-izod-indycar-series/3663-danica-patrick/

Won in 2008 in the pouring rain, 55 top 10's in 102 starts, and courted by another race series (regardless of what you think of NASCAR). Not too bad. Wish I was driving in Indycar and had that record. Anyone else?

Oh yeah, and she doesn't put in her own fuel, change her own tires, and she's not on-line with Pelican checking that overnight delivery box. And she has a small thing called SPONSORS.

-- Mindy
Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Merge this thread with the one lamenting the bankruptcy and decline of road racing courses. Anything that brings cameras, sponsors and spectators to road racing is good for us.

What's funny is that Milka plays the bimbo card as much or more than Danika and Milka truly sucks; but something makes people feel the need to take Danika down. That something is the overblown media attention Danika gets. So isn't this really about the media?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:58 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 776 Likes on 393 Posts

Like I said, the premise of this thread is inane. There are a ton of drivers in IndyCar and NASCAR that have had less success than Danica. Why isn't Frank Bullitt calling for them to go away??

Scott
Old 05-26-2011, 03:26 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Like I said, the premise of this thread is inane. There are a ton of drivers in IndyCar and NASCAR that have had less success than Danica. Why isn't Frank Bullitt calling for them to go away??

Scott
Who is Frank Bullitt?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,945 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
ROFL. I think I missed that one! But it pretty much nails the subject right on the head. People use what they have to get ahead in this world. I use my attitude to sell stuff. Some people are beautiful enough that they can use their body image. Whatever works. It's the world we live in.
Here you go. God, they don't make comedies like that anymore.

The reference is at 14:20

http://www.peteava.ro/id-539398-sein...65-the-apology
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

What the Amigo's is in on this 2 .......................
Old 05-26-2011, 03:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg

Milka truly sucks.

Ahhhhh and that's bad ? ...................
Old 05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,945 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Wayne, no one speaks A Wayne and your first post makes no sense. Unfortunately your 2nd post does and goes to the heart of what makes you a such a douchebag

Sorry Mods, the guy is as abrasive as a piece of sandpaper on (file in the blank)

This thread is a trainwreck.... I'm bailing out now.....
Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default The written word is such a powerful and scary tool Fuzz!

Originally Posted by TRT41
Ignore List
Check
Add a Member to Your List...
Frank Bullit
To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Check amigo
Can't say I don't blame you.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Very well thought out and stated hombre!

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Money follows the money and the news and right now she is money and news!

While I am not a very big fan of hers, her fan appeal and subsequently related media appeal, and sponosr appeal, is unquestionable at this point. Or shall we say remains unquestionable at this point. She is not going anywhere at the minute .

My problem is not so much with her. She is cashing checks racing, not me.

My problem is that the media over hypes her. Someone wins pole - they ask Danica what she thinks. Someone bumps in - Danica. They report her if she is 10th and 3 laps down. They act like she will vault to the front. Pretty unlikley in NASCAR. There are a lot of guys working hard to run and to run 1, or 2, or 25th so there is more to it than Danica. But the media has got to get her "in it."

I dont thik it helps her either. Sure she is tempermental. If she just said "Oh well back to my needlepoint" I dont think that plays well for her. But you dont crap on your team - not in public. Ever noticed those guys may win a race - but no championship!

And there are some guys in NASCAR that could use a kick in the *****, or in the wall, to get their head out in clear air too.

There is a difference in being a competitor like David Pearson and , and crap
like Truex and Busch stunts. Apparently there must not be any grocery money for the crew guys out there or one of those boys would whip the above drivers *** and straighten that out and then go on down the road.

You only have a certain amount of time. She will either win sooner which is unlikely, or she will just flame out and be gone.

But there is also no denying that the Indy league WANTS her there. And NASCAR WANTS her there too. Even tough old school NASCAR guys recognize she was bringing MONEY and FANS to the seats. So they like that. They know they need it. Even more right now.

For that matter she may be the best female driver as there is available right now. Is she is going to up seat Vettel? Or any top 20 NASCAR guys? Nope. But she could win in Indy cars. The car is lighter. She has a good car and team.

Other guys have not done great on the switch and she wont. Montoya aint done so great. Even Gordon - take out his road course wins and what do you have? He got there at the right time and timing counts. Sure wins are wins - but you are going to have to win on the NASCAR tracks too.

So she is staying. Until something displaces her. That is how it is.
No one is faulting her for staying on top of this Gravy Train w/ Biscuit Wheels. Was simply lamenting the fact that her racing star shine has dulled by a bunch lately.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:16 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Who is Frank Bullitt?
indeed

Ignore List
Check
Frank Bullit
To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Wonderful world of NASCAR

Like the last race which is so typical, Karl Edwards and other strong players are leading most of the race or in top 10 all race, and with FIVE laps to go, some dude causes a yellow flag and the leaders come in for new tires, and the back markers continue on and win the race while the leaders all race long end up out of top 10. You have to love it. The fastest cars and best drivers are penalized and victims of yellow flag that seems to pop up with just a few laps to go every frickin race. And the Daytona 500 NASCAR race every year turns into Demolition Derby the last few laps. What a bunch of BS. I hate NASCAR.

As for Danica Patrick, I have no opinion on her. However, for me, the Indy 500 has become as boring as NASCAR last decade or so. Maybe next year with different body kits and engine manufacturers coming in, it will get more interesting. Road racing is the best. I love vehicles that do everything well. That is why I drive a Porsche.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Guessing you are NOT a native son of Texas correct?

Originally Posted by TRT41
indeed

Ignore List
Check
Frank Bullit
Think I have something for you that will help soothe this awful pain you've had to experience this day.

Just you and your buds all toasty and safe.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?