Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Time to adios little Danica?
Si Señor...!
38.71%
Oh no... I love her
61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
Well?
Well what? The premise of this thread is inane. Danica should do what she wants to do for her own reasons.

Scott
Old 05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

I want to see a cage fight of her and Duno.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Well what? The premise of this thread is inane. Danica should do what she wants to do for her own reasons.

Scott
+1. Really no one elses business but hers.

Cheers,
Old 05-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who says Fuzz?

Originally Posted by winders

Scott
You?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Didn't they almost mix it up once compadre?

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I want to see a cage fight of her and Duno.
Believe I saw a YouTube clip. Hell... here it is dude. Careful messing with a latina. They love cutlery. Ask me how I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXDEPrIr9I

Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Rethinking my "Danica Position" muchachos!

Heard she heard I started this thread so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8CcFGu_GQ&NR=1
Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Money follows the money and the news and right now she is money and news!

While I am not a very big fan of hers, her fan appeal and subsequently related media appeal, and sponosr appeal, is unquestionable at this point. Or shall we say remains unquestionable at this point. She is not going anywhere at the minute .

My problem is not so much with her. She is cashing checks racing, not me.

My problem is that the media over hypes her. Someone wins pole - they ask Danica what she thinks. Someone bumps in - Danica. They report her if she is 10th and 3 laps down. They act like she will vault to the front. Pretty unlikley in NASCAR. There are a lot of guys working hard to run and to run 1, or 2, or 25th so there is more to it than Danica. But the media has got to get her "in it."

I dont thik it helps her either. Sure she is tempermental. If she just said "Oh well back to my needlepoint" I dont think that plays well for her. But you dont crap on your team - not in public. Ever noticed those guys may win a race - but no championship!

And there are some guys in NASCAR that could use a kick in the *****, or in the wall, to get their head out in clear air too.

There is a difference in being a competitor like David Pearson and , and crap
like Truex and Busch stunts. Apparently there must not be any grocery money for the crew guys out there or one of those boys would whip the above drivers *** and straighten that out and then go on down the road.

You only have a certain amount of time. She will either win sooner which is unlikely, or she will just flame out and be gone.

But there is also no denying that the Indy league WANTS her there. And NASCAR WANTS her there too. Even tough old school NASCAR guys recognize she was bringing MONEY and FANS to the seats. So they like that. They know they need it. Even more right now.

For that matter she may be the best female driver as there is available right now. Is she is going to up seat Vettel? Or any top 20 NASCAR guys? Nope. But she could win in Indy cars. The car is lighter. She has a good car and team.

Other guys have not done great on the switch and she wont. Montoya aint done so great. Even Gordon - take out his road course wins and what do you have? He got there at the right time and timing counts. Sure wins are wins - but you are going to have to win on the NASCAR tracks too.

So she is staying. Until something displaces her. That is how it is.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danika = over-hyped mediocre driver, makes a lot of endorsement money, will never be a series champion.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Ignore List
Check
Add a Member to Your List...
Frank Bullit
To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Check amigo
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
Heard she heard I started this thread so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8CcFGu_GQ&NR=1
How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xcYd8oSMg&NR=1

There are plenty more if you need them. It's not like Danica was the first nor the last racer to have an incident in the pits. Those pit crew guys put their lives on the line.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
It really is a shame the Cup drivers cannot participate in the Indy 500 anymore. It would be great to see Stewart, Gordon, Montoya, Allmendinger etc.... at the Brickyard in May.
I strongly agree.

The open wheel boys are not doing so hot in the Cup series either. Has Montoya won anything besides a single Nationwide road race?
Actually he's won both Sonoma and Watkins Glen in Sprint cup in addition to the Nationwide win in Mexico.

When is the last time a top open wheel driver won a cup race?
If you're talking about oval cup races, then Tony Stewart is the only modern example.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,928 Posts

I too find the references to her having a 12 year old's body, tramp stamp and rise in the pants remarks highly offensive. Let's keep the discussion tothe the track events, shall we?

My problem with Danica is her persona outside the car. (Gee, I'm consistant when this is my problem with Alonso too). She is an average driver for her series, but could lap all of us in no time. Let's not forget she is a "PROFESSIONAL DRIVER" and has been for years.

Part of being a good race driver is the ability to have your team around you do everything they can to help your success. There will be screw ups along the way, either by the team and/or driver. When she threw the team under the bus to the media last year because her car was not handling right, I thought that was not cool. It's no different from when Alonso threw his Renault team under the bus in 2006 when he felt pressure and the Busch boys in NASCAR with all their antics.

Simona and Danica are going to be compared BECAUSE the fact they are both women. It's just a fact of life. My opinion is that Simona is a better racer with less time in an Indy car and better with regard to her outbursts or lack thereof.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I have read most of this thread and I have two things to say to the general public participating / slinging mud:

1. No matter what you think of Danica's driving ability, she's doing better than any of us on this list. And I say that as a (former -- bad back -- sucks) former race car driver and a long time instructor. Maybe she's not the best in her class, but she can blow my doors off, I am quite sure.

2. I can't believe someone said she has the "body of a ten year old boy." Holy cow!!! What on Earth?!? I think it's cool that's she's projecting a somewhat bad girl image. It sells tickets, doesn't it? And it's not like male racers haven't used the media to promote their images, either. Maybe they are not posing half naked in front of a car, but honestly? Would you WANT to see a half naked dude in front of a car? Well, maybe I would (because I'm female). But most here probably would not.

So I say quit with the petty bashings. She's more successful than you. Get over it.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:17 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode when his girlfriend was walking around his apartment naked. For a woman it's okay, but a man's body and I quote from Seinfeld, "Is like a Jeep, it's meant to get you from here to there, Not meant to be naked"

Anybody really want to see Tony Stewart naked?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
You only have a certain amount of time. She will either win sooner which is unlikely, or she will just flame out and be gone.

For that matter she may be the best female driver as there is available right now. Is she is going to up seat Vettel? Or any top 20 NASCAR guys? Nope. But she could win in Indy cars. The car is lighter. She has a good car and team.
Actually, she has won in Indy Cars. Twin Ring Motegi in Japan in 2008.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick at a crossroads amigos. Should she just go away now?