Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

+1
Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

While I would have no issue if someone posted an "incident" of mine, as evidenced by more than one thread here , we should look at it from another point of view. I don't think the event sponsor can prohibit filming entirely but I do think it prudent of the participants to only share film of "incidents" with those that really need to see it. Video of crashes at DE's in our ever more litigeous society make putting on these events that we dearly love harder and more expensive.

So for our own sake, lest our track time disappear, don't post the videos. Racing is one thing but DE is an entirely different animal regarding insurances and liabilities.

Just my 2¢

Here is the Photographer's Bill of Rights for those that may want to read it. I recently found this information useful . . .
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
ThePhotographersRight.pdf (140.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Video of crashes at DE's in our ever more litigeous society make putting on these events that we dearly love harder and more expensive.
And this is the sad truth.... I think TMZ and the tabloids have destroyed the notion of class and ethics when it comes to what is or is not personal. That train already left the station and the courts continue to support that line of business.

I just want to do anything in my power to make DE available to everyone. I am living a childhood dream every time I "suit up"...

"I wanna go fast!" - Ricky Bobby
-B
Old 03-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
If that were true, you would have been banned a long time ago.
LMFAO!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Imagine how you would feel if you had an "oops moment" and by the time you get home, video of your car crashing was all over youtube and the net. I strongly endorse Pete's request.

Best,
++1

common courtesy
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I did not see the email so all I have to add is that I had the pleasure of working tower with Pete for a 3-day event a year or so ago...what a super-great guy !

I really enjoied chatting with him between runs !!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Load on Youtube, make it private and send it to the the person who made booboo for review.

Some video's are great for eductational purposes.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

My all time favorite.
"bring the tail around, and we are back into it"............
ahh XXXXX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzwUbsaEhAQ
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

^ Sad and nothing to be learned from?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark, I hope ^ was meant tongue-in-cheek given the content of the thread ...

I did not get the email either. Can someone post it or is it private. I do think it common sense not to make others misfortunes public without consent. Does it otherwise discuss video at the track for ones own purposes?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:47 PM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete, I am not going to post it without your permission but I can't see what harm could be done by doing so. I'll leave it up to you.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Yes it was.

Originally Posted by cello
Mark, I hope ^ was meant tongue-in-cheek given the content of the thread ...

I did not get the email either. Can someone post it or is it private. I do think it common sense not to make others misfortunes public without consent. Does it otherwise discuss video at the track for ones own purposes?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

when my car was taken away from me after a careless racer lost control and came shooting accros the track like he ran a red light, I wanted and allowed everyone to see it. To see how the car saved my life. Too see the concequences of carelessness, and the effects of high speed imacts.

I think most came over to my pit area, more like a wake, than it was a gauking session. amazing the support and concern from all the folks that were there.

I think everyone is different though, and I respect those that dont wasnt too much attention after such misfortune.

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Honestly, I wouldn't care. I think there's a lot to be learned from looking at wrecked race cars and seeing what failed, how it failed, and how it can be improved upon in the future. It's too bad a lot of that info in never shared.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:19 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dunno, guys (and dolls), but I respectfully disagree. Not with the privacy issue, but on this very forum we have had numerous analyses of incidents from which much constructive commentary has arisen. Shunts and such are a part of our sport, and as unfortunate as they are, I think it's unrealistic and even misleading to constantly sweep it under the rug. I've written many race reports for our journals, and am dismayed to see the recount of incidents and truth edited out like it didn't happen. And I also take pictures of damage, not to rub it in anyone's face but to learn from and remember. Sometimes that's the last we'll see of that car and I might want to remember it. If my car ever goes away in a dump truck, and it's happened before, I hope someone posts a picture of it and throws me a little sympathy, no malintent will be taken.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:27 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Yes it was.
Good. I have to admit I did crack a smile..

Quick Reply: email of DE accidents